The new texture thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Icy edge, Apr 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

*wow* How about modding some Light Armor gear like the above on that girl as in making the original Barbarian Armor without the Bugbear spikes and giving the original Barbarian Armor that kind of Dragon Hide look?

[EDIT] I dig the new looking gear you are making from old gear.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  2. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

that's a great idea... there it is: 1.gif 2.gif 3.gif
    so, what do you think? i personally like the look of it a lot.
    anyway while at the temple i thought i'd show what i did to the Lamia
    lamia.gif lamia2.gif
    (oh, Lamia, Lamia, why do i like these creatures so much?)...
    oh and if someone has more good ideas for an armor or monster or weapons (i may be able to glow them with different colours and speeds etc...) or anything let me know.
    btw, i may not be online as frequently next week as i got lots of things to do, but as i said before, on 16th of this month i'll be done with almost everything important that cuts into modding time.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Studded leather when equipped by a char could be made to look much better. Can you use your imagination and come up with some improvement that has a "much better" look to studded leather?

Your new version of barbarian armor looks awesome. It should definitely be included the game, maybe even give it a new name like Barbarian Dragonskin Armor.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Bloody hell (pardon my language).

Between you and Cujo, this game is going to just keep looking better and better!

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I actually like the way the studded leather looks currently. I'm all for new stuff, as long as the old stuff is left in as the default. (Except for elven chain. Do whatever you want to that. The current stuff is hideous.)

6. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

The new armor looks cool. I'll second Kalshane's opinion: create what you want, butkeep the old stuff except elven chain -- the shoulder pads look ridiculous. Also, how about creating some dark, or all black padded / cloth armor for my high dex rogue? Materwork versions would be nice too.

7. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

thanks for the feedback and everything people. i'll start working on the new stuff you requested as soon as possible.

8. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Very nice looking work as always, :)

can't wait to see more.

Cuchulainn.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@ Icy edge, did you make any more progress on the phase spider skin? Those new armor skins look great BTW :thumbsup:

10. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

here's what happened: i found it way to hard to place spots at random on the spider because the most locations are shared strangely around the spider, to i'm starting to study it and try out a very simple test skin. by now i think i know (almost) where each location on the texture file goes into on the spider. that will make it much easier to skin it seriously now. while working on that testing i found it somewhat amusing and took some pics... here's what i got:
    spodertexture1.gif --------> spodertexture1ingame.gif

spodertexture2.gif --------> spodertexture2ingame.gif
    lol...
    i should be done soon (hopefully i'll be able to dig out some extra time to do it)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Wow, I never knew the skins could be so damned complicated. I appreciate your effort, keep up the good work ;)

12. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

I kinda like the old elven chain, but hey i like the old fragarach and scather...so whatever. But i really do like the green elven chain :)

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I think that the elven chain looks good - for stuff thats not elven chain, like cloth or padded armour, something kinda fruity that a bard or wizard might wear

14. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

i had done this thingie a while ago but apparently forgotten to post it here too... so there it is, Ghost Dragon (or wraith dragon or anything)
    ghosty.gif
    it appears slightly unclear in the pic, but in the game it should look better.
    i'll get to the other stuff you people suggested as soon as i have time

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  15. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

this zip file allows you to test the barbarian dragonskin armor by replacing the old barbarian armor mesh. you need only replace the original files in "\data\art\MESHES\Armor" (after backing them up) by the ones in the zip file. for now i have only the female version for all races, and the shared tga (barbarianleather.tga) works on the male one.

View attachment Barbarian Dragonskin Armor.zip

after i'm fully done with the male versions, i'll try to add this as a new, seperate item.
    perhaps it should also be given spell resistance, since it's dragon stuff?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
Our Host!