The new texture thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Icy edge, Apr 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

cujo if you just paint in a alpha channel you can make an exact mask to any shape you want its much easier than making a selection set:)

if you are confused i could even be tempted to make asmall tutorial for ya all so ya know.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

We always need more tutorials.

3. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

a quick fix... this is the same spider at different times and locations
    thespidersaretheirdoom.gif
    btw i'm having a real hard time working on that leonal because the hogoblin model is too 'inflexible' yet it's the best one to fit as a leonal... is their a (reasonable) method to modify the model itself rather than the texture?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  4. Virtual SpACEman

nope:( as the model tools where never given out the best we can do is texture/alpha crop and cut exsisting models :(

5. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

like these ones geldrags.gif

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

@ VS: thats what I did do, its just the horns looked well not chunky enough so I was going to make them look better. How dare you mock the King nay God of ToEE art, Your God, Learn you place minion, so shut up and do your homework ;)

btw if I need help I'll just PM you (If you bother replying :poke: )

7. Virtual SpACEman

hehe sure thing cujo ( cowers in corner) ....and show me some pics damnit lol

8. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Back to the black widow, that 'umberhulk_reflect.tga' appears to be used as a reflection map (I believe that is the right term), from examining the .mdf files for the black widow we could figure out how to do glossy/chome effects, maybe.

Charles

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  9. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

yes i'll have to try that, but it should work with no problem... as the edited Ice Lizard glow effect tga worked greatly on my lab rat, the giant lizard (komodo mesh). it looked like lava was constantly flowing through it.

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Forget gelatinous...now we got pyroclastic!

Nice work.

:thumbsup:

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

uhm - an elemental fire dragon ?

12. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Hell it's been weeks since i last had any internet connection around here (fucked up country, fucked up communications, fucked up internet) but now i'm back in business. actually i'll be (practically) back in business after 16th of this month, since i'll be mainly done with all important non pc work by then. but i should be able to do some stuff here in these 2 days.
    hopefully internet won't get messed up again around here any time soon

13. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

here's a pic of the 'burning lizard' or 'fire komodo' or whatever - you name it-
    View attachment fire komodo.bmp

i realized you'd never enjoy the thing in a pic as much as when you see it in action - so here are the texture files for the fire komodo and green dragon.
    View attachment fire komodo.zip
    View attachment green dragon.zip
    Instructions: back up your "ice lizard" and "komodo" meshes in the data/art/meshes/monsters, then copy the files in green dragon.zip into the "ice lizard" folder in the directory mentioned, and do the same for the fire komodo.zip into the komodo folder, and you'r set - you'll find the monsters retextured in your game.
    ps: the fire komodo depends on certain green dragon files to work, so you should add both creatures at a time for the fire komodo to work properly. when you'r done testing, simply replace the "ice lizard" and "komodo" folders by the original ones you backed up.
    this fire komodo as it is now is merely one of 5 min quick exmperiment. it can be enhanced much more for greater effect.

by the way, the crystal dragons i posted earlier in this thread also flow very beautifully.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  14. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

i've been further playing with armor textures and i liked the look of this stuff a bit:
    1.gif 2.gif 3.gif
    the green parts in the breastplate look a bit like green dragonhide, but it since it is ALWAYS better in-game rather than in pics, here's a thing you can do to test them.

View attachment Dragonhide.zip

first back up this place : "\data\art\MESHES\Armor\Breastplate"
    then copy the contents of the zip into it, and the new texture should work.
    when done testing, copy the original stuff back.
    btw i can use other colours to make the breastplate look golden or mystical or elemental or whatever. i tried them, but i was too lazy to take screen shots.
    Though one thing i haven't done yet is to try to make an armor glow like fragarach or that flaming sword or something, but i don't think it will work well for anything more than the addmesh of an armor, because the original texture also involves body parts... maybe i can put these in glow too!

15. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

a few extra stuff...
    View attachment 1.bmp View attachment 2.bmp View attachment 3.bmp
    (the breastplate mesh in pic 1 is different from the other 2)
    by the way if you were to notice something a slightly different in your game then in these ones(my game) it would be the black hair. the game normally has black hair kinda very slightly bluish of some sorts, but i darkened and fixed the one here the way i found it better.

feedbak is welcome, as always...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
Our Host!