The new texture thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Icy edge, Apr 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I am much impressed.
    :clap::clap::clap:

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Fantastic work!

3. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Thanks everyone. i'm glad you like my work. i'll pm Nerik and link him to this thread to see wether he wants to make any new creatures at the moment. also if any other modder needs anything please don't hesitate to ask.
    My next project is the pseudo dragon... any info on the looks (esspecially color) of that creature would be much appreciated.

4. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

according to my quick search, the pseudo dragon is mainly a small dragon that may have Blue, Grey, Green, or White color... i am not sure how valid is this information, but i'll try making blue and grey pseudo dragons as the green dragon can be shrinked into pseudo dragon and ice lizard can be shrinked into the other version. but if anyone has other valuble info to offer about these creatures please tell me.

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I actually think pseudodragons are supposed to be a brownish color, but I'll double-check my MM when I get home.

6. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

They are "reddish brown" as a base color. The description gives them the ability to hide most excellently through a chameleonlike color alteration of the scales, but that is waaaay beyond the sophistication level of the interface we're dealing with... so just make the model kind of a dark brick-type shade and it'll be all good.

--Blair
    "It is difficult to find work for a man such as you, a man of honor. Some jobs I know you will not accept."

7. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

ok so be it then since i haven't actually begun yet... now i will. also, look forward to see a leonal soon (a humanoid lion) based on hogoblin, my first assignment from Nerik

8. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Pseudo Dragon

Done, here you go:
    pseudo1.gif

9. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

pseudo2.gif
    don't worry about the size... it can be shrinked further later. i posted it this way for you be able to see it's features more closely and clearly... so what do you think?

10. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Black Dragon

I thought i might give this a quick try and it worked easly... a Black Dragon...
    Black Dragon.gif

11. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Once again awesome work! :thumbsup: I see a world fiiled with an endless variety of dragons. :)

:memo to self" check on availability and priceing of flameproof suits and shoulder fired SAMs.

Cuchulainn.

12. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

thanks a lot, and by the way what you just said about flameproof suits just gave me an idea: make dragons attack with ranged fire breath, as if they were using flaming longbow, or have them use scroching ray or produce flame (at higher levels of damage, of course...) would be cool...

13. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use a burning hands type approach?

Awesome work BTW.

14. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

In fact both are cool... if a dragon can form fire, then it should be able to manipulate it the way it likes: burning hands is like 'scroch everything in sight:flamed:' and the others are like forming a little fire ball and spitting it to sort of explode on a single target and you watch him burn a few seconds after (like all other flaming weapons do...) Dragons are indeed mighty creatures, so we can give lots of appropriatly varied spells and attacks according to their tipes like claw, bite, fire breath, poison sting(for the little pseudo dragons)...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  15. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

The dragons look great.

Sorry to play rules lawyer, but dragons shouldn't be breathing assorted little spell effects. They should be putting out a cone or line, depending on the dragon, of the appropriate energy type. I think folks would be disappointed with dragons that don't look like dragons.

Our Host!