The graveyard

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Kamanze, Nov 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kamanze

Kamanze 7th son of a 7th son

Ive been through the demo multiple times but cant get to the graveyard. Can someone help me out here, what triggers the graveyard?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Outside the front gate to the keep, walk to the southwest. :tombstone

3. Kamanze

Thanks GA, maybe I can get the gravekeep to trigger the spider silk quest. He won't mention it now that ive got it.

4. GuardianAngel82

The Necromancer in one of the southeast side houses gives you the spider silk quest. The NPC one who's always in, not the joinable NPC who wanders the graveyard at night.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

More to the point, its the Undertaker, not the Gravedigger, whio asks for the Spider Silk. One is a Cleric of Wee Jas. The other is a guy with a shovel.

Also, the artwork for the graveyard was updated half-way through the creation process, with the result that some of the gravestones moved: you can walk through some, and other areas block you for no reason. I fixed that this morning.

6. Kamanze

I heard some mention of the undertaker at the graveyard at night, but he's not. Still can't get him to trigger to give him the spider silk.

Oh well, gives me a reason to replay

7. GuardianAngel82

Read Post #4. Inside the keep. SE=Lower left. The Undertaker is Always In.

8. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

ok..i am lost. i got the spider silk quest. solved it, now he wants a spider.

so i tried to summon one which puts me in a huge, although funny, debate over it. so then he says he wants an egg.

so i go back to the spider queen and cant find anything, i go to the main battle in the middle of the map and there are 3 green egg looking things but they are not interactive.

i have searched, and i cant figure this one out. i even tried to sleep until i met a small spider and then had everyone deal non leathal damage to no avail. i can knock it out but i cant pick it up or anything. shrug. any clues? did i do something wrong?

9. GuardianAngel82

The Spider Queen has it. ;)

10. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

hmm i killed her and didnt see anything when i looted..
    any idea what the item number is..i will just hack by this one for now.

11. Shiningted

Thank goodness someone triggered that!

The eggs are somewhere else entirely. Spoiler:
    the lizard men have them, as she will tell you if someone who speaks spider speaks to her.
    I thought I put one in the Spider Queen's 'inventory' so you can (literally) loot her body. If not, I should have.

12. GuardianAngel82

Now I'm going to have to summon a spider...

Seriously, Mr. Shi Ted, the directions, at step 5.5 or 7, need to say "Shove the contents of TFE-X v2.2 in the root directory." As, according to the directions, we are building our installation from scratch. Otherwise, we need to say "Shove the contents of this download into a pre-existing TFE-X or Co8-5.5.0 and be sure to turn off...".

OR, just stick the contents of TFE-X into an alternative version.

Otherwise, if I'm not a complete idiot (note the word "complete'), some newbies might not be able to make this work. :shame:

13. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

actually just for the record...i summoned a wolf, but the undertaker took it as a spider. i think if you summon anything in the room he sees it as a spider and kicks off teh debate.

i went back 5 saves, killed the queen again and no egg in her inv. so now i guess i will run into one somewhere else i hope. but i have no clue where

14. biobaba

biobaba Member

Yes you can loot the Queen..
    I killed her after hand in the eggs lol

15. Shiningted

Seriously, go back and read the spoiler :p
    Too true, too true... it just checks for a summoned critter. I should narrow that.
    Wrong thread :no: But since it looks like I will release a patch for this 'final' version (some of the bugs are too small and niggly not to just immediately fix), I will put TFE-X in the patch.

That being said, the instructions are VERY CLEAR that its a TFE-X module. If that means people have to go get TFE-X, so be it.

Our Host!