The Funny Door

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by emo_ome, Jul 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Watching the intro movie...
    the Co8(i think its them) locked the main door in front of the temple ...

Q: But why is there a door beside the front door...?(the small one...):twitch:

Why locked the main door?.. if we can enter the side door...:poke:

2. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Do ya have meet Zuggtmoy?
    It will explain this little question: Its becose she it's unable to exit for such small door!

3. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Why doesn't she just cast "Reduce Person"? :lol:

4. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Actually the side door was sealed by magic, but over time the magic has weaken. The magic on the big door is stronger. When you first meet Zuggtmoy, she is small enough to fit through the door, but the magic deeper in the temple still binds her to the temple. Many doors are still magically sealed. And many of the creatures in the temple do not necessarily do her bidding. So she may get attack as she tries to climb up the levels in her smaller form.

Instead she can just have some do gooder party kill everything in the temple (attempting to kill her) and clear a way for her. She can then wipe out the party and stroll up the stairs in her smaller form.

Actually there are two ways initially into the temple. The side door is just the easier way. The other way is a fight through the tower or join one of the temple forces through the tower. They had to let you in the temple somehow.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

The bigger question in my mind is why can't Zuggtmoy, the demon goddess of fungi, break through that door? Mold eats wooden doors, weakening it to the point of being able to punch through it when it reaches a certain point of decay. Waterlogging the door would also do severe structural damage over time. She might also cast a creeping doom spell on it, bringing millions of termites to just plain eat the door.

6. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Hahahahaha..... :poke: nice one!!

so that's why she is small when i confront her...(silly me... i didn't listen to her...:cartman: i just attack her...(DIE YOU QUEEN OF FUNGI...:rant:))

well yeah... i prefer the easy way than the hard way....:yes:

Our Host!