The full experience.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Atraeyu, Sep 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

I was here a couple days ago looking for help on playing with only half the hardware available to be blah blah. Anyway, got it up, it's all running perfect, I'm happy.

Not the point though. I just added Co8 mod pack 5.6 beta, gaear's new movies, and im downloading keep on the borderland's as we speak.

So, couple questions:

-Character icons, I haven't physically downloaded any new or alternate image packs for my PCs, I didn't see any in those lists of add-ons or modules or anything, are there already new ones in 5.6?

-Keep on the Borderland's, when I activated the new module it warned me about deleting all previously saved information, just curious as to whether or not its going to do that once KotB is finished and ready to be played. Also, what exactly is it? Seperate game completely using the same gameplay as ToEE or an expansion to ToEE?

-What else is there? Before I get everything installed and jump in headfirst I want to make sure I've got all that's available on this awesome site, it's the reason I wanted to get this game re-installed on my computer in the first place. So if there's something I've missed, please let me know.

Thanks a ton to all who reply! :mrhappy:

EDIT: I just started reading the thread all about mod 5.6 and i see the vast majority of new content was removed for it, and I realize its only to further enhance and balance future installments and modifications once the new content is added back. However, I haven't played any of the new content yet and I'd really like to. I suppose I'll just try to download 5.5 and extract it like i did 5.6 and hope it just overwrites cleanly? Let me know if it's more complicated than that please. Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

This is the new way of modding nowadays. They mod everything and complete it but then release it a few changes at a time so they get more hits on the websites! :poke:

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

The Co8 5.6 (and 5.5) mod contain quite a few new character pics for you to choose from.

Keep on the Borderlands is a totally new game using the ToEE game engine, not an expansion to the original game.

It sounds like you've got a good handle on everything you need to get started. Have fun!

4. EdCon

EdCon Member

Atraeyu,

You can download multiple versions of the mod (I have 5.5 and 5.6 as well as Keep and the original release). When you open the front end select the mod version you want to play, then activate it (it takes a while each time to activate when you change mods). Once you see the activation finished message, it's ready to go.

I love the modders work, though every time there's a new version the amount of content in it goes down...first desperate housewives gone (waaa! no more baalor with skin problems and silly cults!), now no more challenging fights and training areas. Sigh. Looking forward to the release when they put all that back in :)

-EC

Our Host!