The fire gem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hal900x, May 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

I finally got the Balor down and get the fourth gem. But I could not use the door behind him. Simply could not activate it. I think this is because a fire bat was laying around in the combat area. I absolutely cannot target his tiny, unconscious body to perform a coup de grace. I theorize it is the bat that prevents me from activating the door, but I can't be sure. Finally I just teleported out of there. However, the skull does not have any powers of the fire gem. I don't think Zuggt is responding as if I have the full skull, either.

Edit: Ok, it WAS the fire bat that stopped me going through the door. But that's not why I'm missing the fire powers. I swear I have that gem.

Edit edit: I was able to reload an old save before I had picked up the gem. For whatever reason, that allowed me to target the bat. Killed the bat first, then picked up the gem. That worked.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'm not aware of any previously reported issues with the gems/orb, but the balor et al has been fraught with problems from day one - game crashes when he explodes, gem can't be found, etc. Glad you got it sorted, at any rate.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  3. biobaba

biobaba Member

The same problem happened to me as well actually after I killed Balor.
    I am unable to pick up the gem or exit the area. I then rest in the area for like 8 hours after that the problem was resolved.

4. chano

chano Established Member

I have had the same problem, but i solved it by inciting combat and then just end it and i could pick up the gem.

Our Host!