The brothel??

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragoon, Dec 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Alright, yes, I know, they managed to put the brothel back into the game thanks to a patch, but the thing seems rather boring and stupid. Is there really anything to do besides the two or three quests? And, if not, did they have more stuff to do, but just take it out?

2. Tazira

Tazira Member

I haven't found the brothel yet...Where is it?

3. maveric28

maveric28 Member

Brothels are Fun!! >>SPOILER<<

Yes, there is definitely something cool there besides the quests... although the quests are worth decent XP, so I don't know why you wouldn't be interested in them. After all, none of the other quests are worth anything other than XP either, so what do you expect?

But anyway, if you play your cards right, there is a new NPC that you can get at the Brothel. Her name is Raina, and she's the courtesan with the room behind the stairs on the 2nd floor. Apparently, Ophelia has a problem with Raina -- Raina has an attitude problem and isn't paying off her debts. If you pay the debts, you can ask Raina to join you. She's a skilled Rogue with some GREAT scores, for a change. Her only downside is a lower than average strength, but since a.) we don't want NPCs to carry too much loot since they sell it the first chance they get, and b.) with their Sneak Attack damage bonuses, a -1 or 2 to their totals is not all that big a deal for Rogues, so she's still a great character. Give her a magic dagger or rapier and a lt. crossbow, and she'll gladly do whatever you need her to. This way, you don't need to make a Rogue for your 5 characters, and can fill the slot with something more interesting.

Best of all, in my opinion, she comes with absolutely no equipment whatsoever (not even clothes, so buy her some ahead of time or merchants will give you negative reactions for bringing a naked girl in their store). Why is that good? Because you can equip her with good armor (magical or masterwork) and decent weapons, and you don't have to worry about her getting encumbered for not dropping her old stuff. Freed prisoners make the best NPCs, IMO, cause you don't have to worry about them getting attached to their old, heavy armor when you find them something better.

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

plus there are hookers there!

Last edited: May 4, 2005
Our Host!