The Atari Buglist

Discussion in 'Bug Lists' started by Gaear, Oct 11, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer Established Member

Okay, I see.

2. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Bug 464 confirmation :
    after Meleny is raised from the dead, if you speak to her father Filliken, all dialogue options lead to combat. If you kill him and Meleny's sister, you get the Butcher reputation.

ADDRESSED

==================================================

Also noted :
    When you talk to Meleny so that she keep her current equipment (using the appropriate dialogue), her current position in the party is automatically changed to the last (rightmost) and she immediately lose all memorized spells. Ditto for Pischella who lose her wizard spells.

ADDRESSED

Last and minor :
    "Most use" counters in Ego Logbook seems inverted between Diplomacy and Bluff. My 7th level paladin (CHA 18) record is :
    Diplomacy = 1 use for 6 Skill Ranks
    Bluff = 10 uses for 0 SR
    Intimmidate = 0 use for 0 SR
    Gather Info = 4 uses for 2 SR

ADDRESSED

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thats not a bug: its how u reset her equipment as 'hers', ie the game momentarily boots her then rejoins her to the party, and everything in her pack becomes 'starting equipment' that she won't sell.

ADDRESSED

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  4. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Then you better have to do it before sleeping ;)

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I believe this is also a result of the Livonya NPC inventory management mod. I've noticed it only while using that mod, anyway. I'm not sure why, being as NPCs aren't (normally) involved in the ego tab, but every time I tell one to hang onto their gear or something, the ego section get's wacky.

At any rate, it's specific to Co8 mods - not an Atari bug. I think.

ADDRESSED

I'm not inclined to consider this a bug, being as (unlike Shillelagh) the blessed water doesn't go away. It seems that it would be a legitimate comodity.

ADDRESSED

This doesn't seem to square too well with the supposedly already confirmed Bug 137:

ADDRESSED

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

> I'm not inclined to consider this a bug, being as (unlike Shillelagh) the blessed water doesn't go away. It seems that it would be a legitimate comodity.

Well, the problem is Holy Water is supposed to cost 25gp to create. ToEE doesn't charge you for any spell that costs less than 100gp. Members of good churches are then supposed to sell Holy Water at cost, so it's not supposed to be a way of making money, but in ToEE it can be used.

ADDRESSED

I'm pretty sure Spellslinger or Hazelnut fixed Enlarge to provide reach and that fix was included in the CMFs.

ADDRESSED

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Weapons with effect "Monster Bonus Damage" do damage when a monster is hit with off hand weapon not having these features. I stumbled upon this when I was testing weapon abilities for making Axe of the Storms (double axe found in the Book of Arms and Equipment).

And noticed one more thing, players can craft neither sonic nor acid weapons (probably not a real bug but lack of content).
    :blink:

WTF?! Why was this in red?! Hmmm my bad I guess. Sorry

~

I made it red because it hasn't been addressed yet and I didn't want to forget it. There are others.

- Gaear

- lol I forgot about your bug assessment code. ;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  8. webusver

webusver Established Member

I don't know then. Perhaps these fixes need ToEEFE to be properly installed?! But i don't use it. I just copied all november fixes to my folders. Though I see the feat Greater spell focus is fixed, but +1 armor and shields are still upgraded for free.
    And about Enlarge... Earlier enlarged persons didn't receive reach at all. Now they do. I think THIS was fixed. But this fix sometimes brings another bug. When I dismiss the enlargement spell, or when it just expires, the person reduces in size (as he should do) but remains with the extended reach! It can be removed if a person while being enlarged goes for a 8 hour rest or goes to a new world location. Only then the reach removes correctly.
    It's easy to test - just cast Enlarge person and wait until it expires or dismiss it by the caster. In most cases the reach remains.
    Then imagine how it could be annoying when I use enlargement very often (up to 3 persons per battle). Thus every approaching enemy gets an attack of opportunity and sometimes even die being unable to reach my warriors. So to prevent this I need to go to rest more often. And you now what happens if a party rests too often in not very safe places... :)

ADDRESSED

9. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

@Gaear, just one precision :

You don't become the Butcher of Hommlet IF you don't kill Meleny's father and sister after they have gone hostile. If you flee from combat, you simply exit the house and don't get the bad reputation. However, they remain hostile and attack you immediately if you later re-enter the house.

ADDRESSED - Right on . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2006
  10. Kalshane

I was actually responding to Gaear's comment about Enlarge Person not granting reach, in that it didn't used to, but that was fixed in the CMFs, which may be why this problem is happening.

However, if you're using 5.0.2 and still getting free upgrades to your magical equipment, then something is goofed up in your install.

ADDRESSED

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What does it sell for currently? Should we give Holy Water a value of 0 gp, or should we just consider it another non-bug potential exploit?

If it's a nominal amount, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Players that elect to spend their days creating Holy Water or scribing first level scrolls for resale can do that, I suppose, if it really floats their boat. Seems like you'd have to do a lot of it to make it worth your while though. :shrug:

ADDRESSED

Sounds like we should mark 137 as fixed then . . . and add the condition webusver describes as a new bug.

On a related note - it would be very helpful if modders who fix bugs could report those fixes here after they've posted them, assuming that you're aware they were in the buglist in the first place. Please understand that neither Kalshane nor I have this buglist memorized, so checking to see whether new mods address existing bugs is a rather prohibitive endeavor (i.e., reading the entire buglist to see if anything matches up), whereas the bugfixing modder simply stating that "I have fixed bug 999" would be much less taxing.

[edit]

Okay, found this in Spellslinger's Release: Dllfix16 thread:

So, 137 shall be considered fixed. A separate confirmation of webusver's related report would be nice before we re-post the bug. In fact, thinking of it, it should probably be in the CMF discussion thread rather than here, being as it's not vanilla-related.

ADDRESSED

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  12. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Not exactly but it may appears so.
    Normally you sell items by dragging and dropping them in the first slots of a shop inventory. Generally these slots already contain items so each item sold is automatically put in the first empty inventory slot, out of your view.
    If you sell a lot of items, the shop inventory may become full and you get the classic message 'there is no room for this item'. At this time you may indeed believe that no more items will be accepted.
    However there's a workaround : you can still sell items BUT you have to go down the inventory list and drag and drop them in an EMPTY slot.

ADDRESSED

13. Kalshane

25 GP

Probably not worth it. Especially since the Calmert sells Holy Water, and giving it a 0 GP value could screw the up. Is there any way to set something as unbuyable (quest items get the "I won't buy that from you" message. Or does that just mean they have a 0 GP value?

ADDRESSED

14. webusver

webusver Established Member

Just another two issues:

1. At some time in the game shop's assortment overflows and I can't sell any items anymore. And even more - after I return some days later, the assortment doesn't reset and still happens to be overflown, thus I can only guess when I will be allowed to sell leather and wooden items at the best price. Similar thing once happened with Burnie - he refused to renew his assortment of spells for a couple of days. This was only cured when I took a long "pass time" near him. About two or three days. Strange, but regular Resting at the inn for the same 2-3 days didn't help Burnie to renew his assortment. As for carpenter and leatherworker - they are completely "overflown" and I can't sell anything to them anymore.
    Could they stop from renewing their assortments if I sold them some rare magic or masterwork items?

ADDRESSED

2. Bracers of archery perhaps don't work correctly. They should give bow proficciency to such classes as wizards, sorcerers, clerics and druids, but they don't give it. Yes, bracers of archery increase accuracy for warrior types of heroes. But those who were not professionals with the bow, remain non-professional and still receive the non-professional penalty. This issuse is easy to test - just make or buy in Nulb any Bracers of Archery and give them to a cleric or wizard (non-elf, since elves are all profficient with bows).

ADDRESSED

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006
  15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

@ webusver:

1) Merchants not refreshing their inventories was fixed with the 03-08-06 update of 5.0.1 (which is included in 5.0.2). The relevant post can be found here. If you have the relevant CMF installed correctly and you are still not having the merchants inventory refresh, this is the first instance of this happening I have heard of since this fix was released.

ADDRESSED

2) The Bracers of Archery not granting proficiency is a known (and confirmed) bug, though I don't recall if it is one the bug list.

Regarding your install: When you copied the 5.0.2 folders over into your non ToEEFE install, did you remember to take the temple.dll out of the modules\Co8-5.0.0 folder and put it in your ToEE root directory? It sounds like you are still using the stock 5.0.0 temple.dll.

ADDRESSED

@ Everybody:

This one is definitely confirmed, but not addressed. See this thread for the details (post #6 for the specifics). This bug can be expanded to include the game not recognizing the raising, reincarnating or resurrecting of all NPCs with "is dead" flags.

ADDRESSED

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006
Our Host!