The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

The Cumulative Fixes have been updated to include Allyx's latest Verbo-mod patch, and the following:

-The Ambush has been changed again. I put the wrong proto number in the last one. Please try it again.

-Fixed another goof on my part in regards to Crafting. I put a file in the wrong folder, which has messed up Crafting.

-Some changes to Hedrack's/Iuz's scripts and dialog files. Now at least you should get the dialog you are supposed to when Iuz shows up, and Cuthbert as well. Iuz should not reanimate party members as zombies anymore. It is still hit or miss as to whether you get combat or dialog with Hedrack when you enter the room.

-Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound should now disappear when it is supposed to, rather than hanging around forever.

-Raise dead and Reincarnation now no longer suffer from the never ending spell bug.

-All Elemental Gem summoning spells have been changed. Hopefully they will work correctly now, rather than summoning something that just stands there.

-Taking your familiar out of your pack now places the familiar at it's master's location, rather than one specified by the player.

-All gnolls should now have leather armor, as they were supposed to.

-The docs have been edited.

I'm not posting the individual fix files, as there are far too many of them. You can download the Cumulative Fixes in post 4 of this thread. Remember to re-select your portrait pack after installing them.

Also, you should delete all the .pyc files in your data\scr folder after installing the Cumulative Fixes, otherwise you may not see the changes in the game.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'll take a look at that one again.
    Which building do you go in that causes the CTD? The Viscount's office? Or the upstairs of the Inn?
    Yeah, due to the large number of items they stock, their space is limited for sales, perhaps I should change it so that they will not buy anything at all.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  3. Allyx

I found the cause of the CTD in the tunnel, someone deleted 2 protos I used.
    I used the same number for both the "dragon is dead flag" and "can rest in the inn" flag that has now been fixed,
    I fixed Nybble and altered the innkeepers dialogue a little, fixed a few errors in the Viscount's dialogue,
    The Assassin's dialogue, added a will_KOS script so the cousin's will attack if thier leader is dead,
    Also edited Random_encounters.py to take the new inn flag into consideration.
    Added a will_KOS flag for the Verbobonc guards if the viscount is dead,
    Gave Lerrik the correct faction and fixed his dialogue again.

Please test this anyone who has reached that point in the game.

[EDIT] Nybble is finally fixed now, please re-download.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Lets throw ToEE in the bin and work on KotB :mrhappy:

C'mon, who's with me??? :gotmyatte

O, genuine bug-related thing: I downloaded the latest cumulative lot, and when I took a party back into the upper floor of the moathouse, it went weird (Boba Fett's etc). no problem with a new game.

Anyone else getting this with their saves? Could be a bad save on my part. O and i tried after removing my new bats, so that wasn't it.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  5. Shiningted

2nd consecutive post - I'm such a spammer!

Ok, here is a small bunch of fixes, mainly typos, based on the latest files:

- the Tarim issue mentioned above

- the Elmo issue I found earlier (both Elmo files)

- the Ron stuffup of 'insight'

- the Terjon quest typo

- a bizarrity in Jade Empress' final dlg line.

Unzip this lot somewhere, then pop the folders in your data folder.

Attached Files:

6. bigron

bigron Member

Allyx
    I got the crash to desk top going into viscount building. I just downloaded your fixes and should be able to test them Monday in the pm. I will get back to you and let you know how they worked. I love what I seen thus far. :dance:

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  7. Shiningted

Libri - I'll do some more testing, don't do any more installs til u here back from me ;)

8. Cerulean the Blue

The Cumulative Fixes have been updated to reflect Allyx's latest Verbo-mod fix, and Shiningted's typo fixes, plus a few protos changes Ted asked me to do: Ronalds Dex is now 14 (per Endirire's request), the Drow leader has been adjusted the way Kalshane suggested (per Ted), and Cujo's gun now has limited charges (per Cujo) . Also, the Ambush has been removed pending resolution to the debate.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  9. Allyx

Sorry to have to do this to you again Blue, but I have a few more fixes. A dialogue bug caused by changing the "is safe to rest flag" has now been fixed, I added a NO_NPC_LOOT flag to an item someone has, and changed the unidentified cloak name (it was incorrectly displaying Magic Ring - instead of Magic Cloak). I also swapped what sort of armor the Drow will have as loot (purely because that many suits of green elven chain net a huge amout of loot).

Please add this to the cumulative fixes when you get the chance.

Attached Files:

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Here's a strange bug I wanted to post that I saw in the game last night.

In the ToEE - Broken Tower Ruins [the big fight], the Temple Brigand Footman look like they are not wearing armor [or clothes for that matter]. When you hit one of them in a fight, that footman then appears to be wearing armor.

11. Allyx

Yeah I had that too, and I think I know how to fix it. Find the armor in question (in the mob file) on the items tab in WB's object editor check the equip slot box and put number 205 next to it and save the mobile again. It should be automatically equipped then.

12. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but no one answered my question when I originally asked. Is there anything new in Homlett? I'm trying to plow on through and get to the new stuff as quickly as possible so I can check it out and comment and look for bugs, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything by not running around Homlett and talking to everyone.

13. Allyx

The new cleric NPC Ronald is in Hommlet, but otherwise I don't think there is anything new...

...Well not until much later in the game, and only under certain circumstances.

14. Cerulean the Blue

Looks like another "oops" by me. I will get on that armor situation later tonight (celebrating Mother's Day tonight since my parents where out of town yesterday), and get Allyx's fixes incorporated then too.

I would let somebody else fix the armor, but unless you have all the MOB's for the changed creatures and their inventories on that map (which the folder in 5.0.0 doesn't - I removed all the ones that weren't changed) I don't think it will work. WB will give you a error message for every piece of inventory who's MOB is not present. I wisely kept folders of the MOBs of creatures and their inventories that were changed, so I can do it quickly, just not until later tonight. Okay, so it wasn't wisdom. I just don't through things away.

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Here is a bug to check and fix.

My game has all of the patches applied from Blue + Ted + Allyx, except for Blues newest patch.

My party killed everything in the Moathouse, read the diary, exited the moathouse and killed the Moathouse Exit Bushwhack crew. The logbook does show the reputation for clearing the Moathouse. When the party talked with Burne after the Moathouse was done, the dialogue for clearing the Moathouse was shown and Burne marked Nulb on the map. Today, when I checked the quests in the log book, the game only shows Moathouse Cleaners as Accepted--I did not look at the quests list, yesterday--the reputation is still present and is listed, today.

Last edited: May 16, 2006
Our Host!