The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. MB

MB Member

Regarding the Final CF d/l....

Must the below instructions still be followed in order for the verbobonc mod to work correctly, or does it work correctly downloaded as is.

"PLease note that you MUST delete the following folders...

modules\Co8-5.0.0\maps\Viscount-1st-fl
    modules\Co8-5.0.0\maps\Verbobonc-Archmage

I've included the files that should go in there but deleted a few that shouldn't be there.

You must also delete all the .sec (and only the .sec) files in the modules\Co8-5.0.0\maps\Inn-2nd-fl folder."

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It's still a CF, so yes, you must delete those files. In the 5.0.0 Final that should be out soon, all the CFs will be incorporated, and thus no deletion will be necessary.

3. MB

MB Member

Cerulean,

Thank you.

MB

4. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok well ill try again. im having to start over anyway as my frontend suddenly stopped working so im reinstalling all the mods again

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As Blue indicated, these things have since been changed.

Common speculation holds that those three got together in order to pull a heist on the party . . . although other possibilities exist. Turuko gives a few hints. Would the fact that Turuko and Kobort aren't identified temple agents neccesarily mean that they wouldn't ally with Zert under any circumstances?

This is a good question . . . does Zert have something to do with resolving that situation? I thought that was just something you learned about much later.

6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well its been a year but if i remember right it was a broken quest that Liv fixed in her mod. you found a clue that led you to Zert who then admiting to killing Corl and telling you everything about who he was and what he was doing there before attacking you. i did alot of playtesting for Liv on her mod. i believe the clue was the dagger used to kill him and it had a big Z on it or something like that. course i dont think Corls murder even showed up as a quest this time in the book. i forgot to check to see if it did or didint.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Very interesting Lord Graywolfe... but alas, that has not seen the light of day, unless I am very blind its not in Zert's dlg file and all Liv's (released) stuff was used as our basis for 4.0.0 (and hence 5.0.0). Liv did say she was going to expand many of the NPCs and also stated flat out she had more stuff than she posted in 1.5, sounds like this was part of it. Pity.

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

That blade should have a big "G" on it...for Gremag. He's the assassin, after all...and they mention the fact that the Traders seem to be something out of the ordinary. If this is something that does get fixed, that'd make more sense. But they wouldn't actually use an engraved weapon...unless it was stolen from someone else as part of a frame-up. Hmmm...maybe Rannos the thief should steal a blade from someone...perhaps Elmo's dagger that his brudder Otis gave him? What a frame that would make! Solve the crimes...find the thieves & uncover the murderers...then battle it out with them instead of the lame fouled up castle construction deal.

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well like i said it was a year ago so i could be wrong on who it was going to be. but Zert was involved in something that ended in a fight, i remember that cause when that started he was no longer a 1st level wimp but a 3rd level ass kicker lol.

10. Lord_Spike

Heh...you probably recruited him; he levelled up & then went hostile when you booted him out!

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Zert is scripted to turn on the party if they are sufficiently wounded and he is healthy. I've never heard of it actually happening, but perhaps that is what it was.

12. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

could be that but ive never seen him do that before the temple. he loves to do it to me in the middle of the temple lol.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Cerulean the Blue, rufnredde, or Shiningted

Now that Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL has been released in a final public release, shouldn't this beta version thread be closed?

14. Lord_Spike

Maybe you should fix him up with Bertram! :pelvicthr

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Uncalled for! :p

L_G, thats the trigger for him - if u go too far down into the Temple and he thinks he can get away with it, Zert turns on you.

Our Host!