The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

I didn't have 4.0 or toffee installed, I set 3.0.4 from a new install and was experimenting. Even tho I uninstalled 5.0 , the data and rules folders kept the 5.0 stuff, I guess. I'll try 5.0 again from a new install when I get home.

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yeah, not using toffee and trying to install 5 over the top of 3.04 would do that. Hard luck mate.

3. bigron

bigron Member

When exiting out of secret exit of Moat house ran into evil monk and company. Went thru dialog options, then got an option saying I cleaned moathouse and killed lareth. Even though I had not.

Spoiler.......

In verbonnoc the drow have no portraits just a box with a white arrow, when I when I try to go down the ladder after the wizard and cleric drow I CTD.

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  4. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

The moathouse respawn happened only 2 days after I cleared it originally. One would think it should happen later in the game.

SPOILER > > > > > > > > > >

FD Boar and F Boar icons are missing.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well Hunter, thanks for that feedback. Actually there is something else that triggers the respawn, but yeah I may well put it later in the game.

Libri, check your PC-NPC settings. Blue put a new .dll in and I tihnk it is preset to have less than the normal number of PCs (sure was for me).

WizGeorge, your players and saves should still be in the 3.0.4 module.

Al - good thinking on the z axis, why didn't I think of that? Will fix the mobs when I change them to non-fiendish ;)

6. JamesTheLion

JamesTheLion Member

DUDE! I LOVE the new harder to beat Moathouse -- wooo hooo! I actually had to be creative and lost almost all of my 2nd level party - but did manage to crawl my way back to Homlett.

As I always say to my vegan friends "More suffering means more flavor!"

So, yeah - I vote for keeping it tough :p It'll keep me more on my toes ;)

AND - THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S WORK ON THIS WICKEDLY AWESOME GAME. I said it before - you are all pretty amazing. Maybe Atari shoulda hired you guys ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  7. Libri

Libri Member

The Party of Five Bug that wasn't a bug has been solved by Shiningted! Thanks a bunch. I really feel kinda stupid for not checking that out myself.

8. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The Cumulative Fixes have been updated to include Allyx's latest fix and the two (yes it's two now) bag of holding files I left out. Also, batch.py has been updated with an improved and a new script. You can find the link in post 4 of this thread.

I checked all the .dlls I uploaded, and all the ones from the installer. None of them have had the number of party members changed.

I tested Ronald's script. Nothing after line 71 in san_first_heartbeat is firing. The interpreter hits the error in line 71 and it stops running the script.

I took out the part about checking for half orc for game.party[7] in line 71 and the error switched to line 73, which checks for cleric and deity for game.party[7]. I dropped a character, and the error switched back to line 71, which was checking race for the now non-existent game.party[6].

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  9. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Okay, I've figured out what is causing the slow spawn for DH. Ted added the Moathouse respawn as a san_first_heartbeat, while the DH spawn was in san_heartbeat. By adding a san_first_heartbeat, it made the san_heartbeat script fire on the second heartbeat.

I've rewritten the script, and in the limited testing I've done so far, the DH stuff is spawning much faster, even before the screen fades in. I haven't tested the Moathouse Respawn with it, so that remains to be seen.

I've also tweaked Ronald's script to remove that error. I haven't done much testing with it either, but I know it's not having that error I reported.

So, Ted should look over these and see if he can find any errors, and maybe test them a bit. But if anybody else cares to, here they are.

EDIT: These have been updated below in post 75.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  10. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

sweet! let the testing begin lol....

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Kalshane, I found that excessive use of the "Magic Weapon", "Magic Fang" and "Shilleilagh" spells particularly useful against those feindish creatues.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I said that above ;) but thanks for fixing it Mr Blue. I will get onto testing it and 'fix' the new critters in the moathouse. Should all be up within a couple hours.

U know, if I didn't know any better, I would swear 5.0.1 is fairly imminent ;)

While I'm off testin', any passersby can feel free to add feedback on Ronald. Also, what is happening with the missing boar icons mentioned by Hunter? Who put the boars in?

Edit: O yeah, and thanks for the Ron-negative thing fix too Bluey :)

13. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Boar and Dire Boar was Virtual SpACEman, which I then modified to create fiendish versions. I did the Dire Boar portrait which should have been in the package I sent Cerulean - I'll check when I get home. IIRC that non-dire boars were using the existing pig portrait.

Charles

14. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

checked it. it seems fine, there are known probs with ports though so could be tied into this underlying issue.

i get probs with the port pack not adding half the pictures just get stupid arrows.

on another note,, alot of the summon monsters need the scaling checked again i had mephits of various sizes and all sorts of odd stuff going on, some of the models/meshes are just kinda nuts as well, owbear for giant owl lol and vrock for giant eagle etc...

im almost tempted to say drop models/ options form summons lists that just cant really be remeshed or retextured to make sence.

one of the random encounter maps open road area with rocks has no sectoring for no walk on rock tiles.

also no summon scrolls versions for stuff over 'V' or lvl 5. ??

and what happened to flaming sphere? bring it back!!!

ALL in all its good though i love the challenge! moathouse rocks hard now

I keep on my BUG hUNT as i play test more:)

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

******************** SPOILER ALERT ********************

Comments:
    (1) The new cleric using a bow as a distance range weapon is a totally cool idea. *w00t*
    (2) I like the moathouse re-spawn, but it takes place several levels too early in the game.
    (3) I dig the skeletal priest as a respawn encounter.
    (4) In regard to the mosthouse re-spawn, low level parties get hit hard by the Porkzillas encounter and the Ballisk encounter and low level parties also get totally wasted by the jackalweres.
    (4) Maybe an additional/alternate low level moathouse re-spawn with something like gnolls, bugbears, some undead with polearms, and a couple of lower CR surprise encounters for low level parties. And, have the existing respawn take place at a later time in the game, such as, after Prince Thrommel is rescued. (Just tossing ideas around...no offenses intended.)

Our Host!