The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

I don't know about over-powered, as I've never used it, I just feel it's setting inappropriate.

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@kalshane: By "setting inappropriate", do you mean you do not like that it is a magic missile weapon as in the kind of weapon, or what? (yes/no ?)

3. biobaba

biobaba Member

I don't really like the reward because it does not really fit into the game setting...
    However it was a interesting find.

Wish can get something else as reward.. :chew:

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

A party can choose [select in dialogue] to have the rescued lass, instead, craft an item for the party leader. The selected [crafted] item is consoled in to the party leader inventory based on what is selected from a list of the good stuff in dialogue. However, you do not know exactly what she will craft as the dialogue is vague and it makes for good wonder and excitment during a game.

5. Sheriff05

Sheriff05 Member

Is there a list of all the new things and fixes 5.0.0 incorporates?
    sorry if I am missing the obvious.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Check the changelog and also check post # 4 in this thread for additional fixes.

7. haywood

haywood Member

Ranos Davyl and Gremag act retarded when you fight them.

A lot of times they'll say thinks like "No! Dying is not part of my plan" and "Ramol! Get over here and help with this guy". The problem is they often say these repeatedly and randomly. Sometimes Gremag asks for Ramol's help even when Ramol is knocked out/dead.

8. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Re: Punch list for 5.0.0 beta

Black Jay has only mentioned his wife's ring to me once in three play-throughs (parties were True Neutral, Neutral Good and now Chaotic Good; I think the NGs were the only ones who got it). The first two were pre-5.0.0, the CG group is with the new mods. As a result, I can't tell you anything useful about Goblin Gone.

What might I be doing wrong, to simply not get that dialog option in some games? I have always gotten his other quest and, in the case of my CG party, his advice on finding the missing elves.

Moved to this thread from the Punch list thread: It's more appropriate to this one. - Cerulan the Blue

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  9. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Firew vulnerability - clarification

Earlier I whined that Vulnerability to Fire didn't seem to be implemented for the white dragons.

Later on, fighting some other critters with Vulnerabilities (the salamanders, I think), I realized what the problem was. It's implemented, but only in part, and that part by the 3.0 rules, not 3.5.

3.0: A vulnerable creature should take double damage on a failed save or if there is no save, but be affected like any other creature (typically meaning half damage) on a successful save.

3.5 (which I was expecting): A vulnerable creature takes 1.5 times as much damage as a non-vulnerable creature would take in the same situation. There is no special-case-creating rule about saving throws. (So a Salamander hit by Cone of Cold would take 1.5x the damage a human would on a failed save, 75% on a successful save).

ToEE: A vulnerable creature takes double damage on a failed save, but is treated normally on a successful one. If there is no save (e.g. Scorching Ray vs a white dragon), the vulnerable creature takes the same damage as any other creature.

As you can see, ToEE is closer to 3.0 - but also doesn't give vulnerable creatures any disadvantage at all in some cases where they should have one. The reason I said that vulnerability wasn't implemented was that Scorching Rays didn't do any extra damage against white dragons, when by either version of the tabletop rules, it should.

10. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Re: Punch list for 5.0.0 beta

Oddly enough the ring has always IIrc played out opposite of the rest of the quests, some parties can get Black Jay to speak of his wife before finding the ring, but never of the ring itself. The way it works is you find the ring, notice the inscription, then go to Black Jay and he speaks about it.

All the goblin gone mod does is move the location of the ring as people were sick of finding it in Black Jay's back yard.

Moved to this thread from the Punch list thread: It's more appropriate to this one. - Cerulan the Blue

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  11. rufnredde

Re: Firew vulnerability - clarification

Your logic seems sound and this version of ToEE, did start out using the 3.0 rules and switched to 3.5 when it was released during its development. So there a couple of possiblities here

1. That that is exactly what happened here it never got changed over to 3.5.

2. That the developers just missed the boat entirely, in regard to that issue.

3. That the developers purposely made the change due to engine limitations.

I looked in the documented changes in the ToEE manual, a .pdf copy is available in the ToEE root directory. It is not listed there but if you are interested they are on pages 149 - 151. I'm sure I missed something in my reasoning and I know some of the documented changes have been changed by Co8 mods. There are currently no .dll modders here at Co8 to make the changes you suggest, the spell may be able to be fixed without a hack, I couldn't say offhand.

You did a good job of documenting it though, if want to take a crack at fixing it. I'm sure some of the modders would be happy to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Added a few dialogue fixes in post #470 on page 16, including those Haywood most recently pointed out.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  13. biobaba

biobaba Member

if I attack Jade empress ...She would take off her dress and fight with me naked.
    Was she intended to act this way?

I am using the most recent cumulative fix.

14. rufnredde

Did she have wings? Yes if you attack her you have no way to leave the shopmap, since she is the only way out. Why would you do that? I will leave this one for Cerulean_the_Blue since she is his creation. But yes she is supposed to do that.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well I know I like to think up things that bite the player in the ass, cause trouble or are hidden or difficult, but I can't remember my own hidden message.

Our Host!