The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. haywood

haywood Member

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

> I have never once gotten Lubash to speak with me.

It worked, at least a few cumulative updates ago, if you all wear Eye of Flame Cloaks.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thats not a bug. Frank is friendly. The bug was you kept getting cauldrons, that should be fixed.
    The dlg file specifically says she has that item on her, even if she summons the other reward items, so yeah, its not a bug. But since Blue has 'fixed' it, I'm not gonna complain, I appreciate the effort.

The door disappearing / green ball issue is something to do with how we make sectors, I have asked Agetian to have a look at it. All other help welcome. Maybe embeding them in a different order will fix it.
    Well thats weird... i can test that :)
    Noticed it? I wrote one of my first rants about it on my blog! But he does occasionally miss... i have kept an eye on him since my rant-worthy event and sometimes he will even miss an unarmoured wizardly type. But I always charm him and feed him to Lubash.
    WAY too much time in the Snakepit. Way too much -_-
    O yeah, gotta fix that stuff. :) Soon as the KotB update is out.

Finally, here is a fix for the naked Drow and to make the moathouse spawn occur at different times depending on how u play the game (this is necessary, the current one is broken).
    Thanks dude :)

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2006
  3. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

Heres a strange one. I have the latest update installed (6-13 1:47 GMT). I get CTDs on map changes while wearing black cloaks. Also, adding the cloak of elvenkind via the console causies a CTD. Any ideas?

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Sounds like some meshes for the cloak of elvenkind are missing.

5. haywood

haywood Member

Some bugs...

1. Tarim says "I'll be damned if I go that Cuthbert fellow up north" (should be "go to")

2. Color Spray results in unconcious people standing around; they still stand even after they are killed - until the battle ends.

3. All hell broke loose when I upgraded from May 29 to Jun 13 cumulative fixes.

I am getting crashes constantly now. I followed the steps of deleting the pyc files and reselected the Portrait Pack. Also I do not use QuickSave/QuickLoad. I'm not sure why I'm getting crashes.

For example, I was at the Moathouse Exit map before meeting Lareth. There is a reproducible crash on attempting to leave (either using map or entering Moathouse door). Also, it crashes if you Save and immediately Load the savegame

Saving, Quiting the Game, and Loading avois this crash until the next time you enter the Moathouse Exit map.

I also get a crash on attempting to leave the Moathouse from the main entrance, or when attempting to enter the top floor of the Inn in Hommlet.

6. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

I am having the crash problem too, and as soon as I isolate the cause I'll post it here, shouldn't be too long. Just have to compare the new stuff in until I get the crashes

On my computer removing the changes from Virtual Spaceman's New cloak of elvenkind stopped the CTD's, I haven't tracked it to a specific file yet so I'm not posting a fix of any kind. At this point I'll wait for Cerulean the Blue to come on in a few hours and discuss it with him. Since he has been doing the cumlative fixes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It is something to do with the new Cloak of Elvenkind. The Cumulative Fixes have been updated to remove the new cloak until the problem can be fixed. I'm busy until late tonight, so this is the best I can do for now. As it is I'm going to be late.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'm going to consolidate all these dialogue fixes I've been doing into one RAR and post it here, updated, in perpetuity. That way we avoid the ramshackle collection effect, and Blue need only look here for whatever is current for use in his Cumulative Fixes updates.

Please note:

- I'm actually in the process of doing a comprehensive camparison of all voiced dialogues with their text files so that they agree with one another.

- I'm also in the process - and it will be a long process - of generating mp3s for added Co8 content for already voiced characters wherever possible, based on existing audio. To this end I am taking certain liberties with the dialogue so as to make it doable. Not all of it is doable, however, and in no circumstances am I taking grotesque liberties. There will still be gaps, but fewer of them. A good example is Meleny. If you're not using Humble NPCs and you talk to her about her equipment, she will currently say "What do you want to know about my equipment?" When I'm done, she will say "What can I do for you?" or something like that instead. But you will actually hear her say it, as opposed to the way it is now.

- Speaking of Meleny, I'm also changing a bit of dialogue here and there where it's appropriate, as I've indicated in some of my earlier posts, i.e., Terjon and his Rainbow Rock 'place.' As for Meleny, she will no longer make reference to "playing" anywhere, and the player will be able to head down the road of matrimony without feeling like a pedophile.

- I'm not going to post any of the new or corrected mp3s here for inclusion in the Cumulative Fixes. They tend to be too large and unwieldy. I'll turn them all in for use in the full release, along with Zorn & Co.'s additional new voices. I will continue to post the dialogue files here though, since I've already started down that path with non-mp3 related fixes. Plus, frankly, it gets very confusing trying to figure out what's where after a while, so this thread is as good a clearing house as any. What this means, though, is that until the updated mp3s get released with the official version of 5.0.0, there will be some dialogue disagreement in places.

Below is the condensed RAR, current as of 7/06/2006, 4:00 am GMT.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes as of 6/27/06. Later updates not included.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Questions, suggestions, and observations from my various now-deleted dialogue fix posts . . .

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Lubash could probably use a fix to make him target on the party leader for dialogue. His basic dialogue files and speech do work.

The barbar bandit does not always hit. Just most of the time.

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I never talked to him long enough to find out that he's a hair-dresser...
    *runs away*

12. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

:chairshot Bad Spike! He's actually a very bad barbar - he always manages to nick the customers' throats :nerd:

I really need to remember more often. This game is getting harder. 3rd TPW of the night means bedtime :)

13. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

That's a good idea Gaear. Just remember to make a post when the files are updated, and reference page 16 when you do. Other wise I might forget to keep checking for updates, and will definitely forget which page that post is on.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah I guess I better bow to this one. :) Lila needs a few extra lines for this and that anyways.
    Me again, will have a look.

15. Sirian

Sirian The Red Leaf

I have found a related issue. It's not just the Elven cloaks causing CTD. I installed the most recent CF's then started a new game. After gearing up my party on the shop map the game would CTD right after the initial CG intro screen. I tried a few different things to see if I could find the cause. It seems the culprit was the black cloak I bought for my rogue. I didn't buy the cloak and bam the story begins. No other probs so far.

Our Host!