The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

That could be the problem right there. If you are using Front End you need to launch the mod once before installing the Cumulative Fixes. Installing them again shouldn't effect saved games, but make sure you follow the instructions in the Verbobonc README included with the fixes before you install them.

The number of the Scroll of Extraplanar Chest is 9265.

Hangs in battle are notorious. Using Fragarach or Scather (or both) can cause them. I've had the same problem with some of the summoned creatures (if they get too far away from the caster). I've also seen what you are describing with the Brigand Leader. It seems to be something internal to the game engine, and not directly related to any of our modding. By all means let us know about them, unless you have seen them posted elsewhere. You never know what might be discovered that we can actually fix.

2. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

I'm gonna say that was it. (The other possibility, of course, is a PEBKAC of some sort.)

EDIT: By the way, thank you, whoever added random kobalds to the game (I assume that's new with 5.0.0), because (and I assume this was the point) it gives a way to replenish sling bullets! Still no magical ones, as far as I can see, but this helps a lot.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Have you tried wearing the Eye of the Flame cloaks? I never have, but I imagine if he was ever going to talk, it would be to folks wearing the cloaks.

4. Cerulean the Blue

The Cumulative Fixes have been updatedwith:

- Gaear's dialog fixes (all four of them) including the new sound file for Zaxis

- Kalshane's Assassin-Darley fix

- Rufnredde's Goblin-Gone Fix

- VirtualSpACEman's new Cloak of Elvenkind mesh

- FredSRichardson's fix for the XP loss when having Jaroo fix spell permanency

- A fix for the Extraplanar Chest Spell. It should now cast correctly the first time (no extra chest)

- A fix for the Hezrou Stench. This one is a work in progress and needs testing and input.

- Increased walking speeds for the Galeb Duhr and Ghouls (Zombies shouldn't be faster than Ghouls, should they).

- If you kill the Witch in the Gnarley Forest, you will no longer get the reward, just the XP.

- The Rod of Smiting is now sized as a light mace (a light weapon) as it says in its description.

- A new testing tool, Cerulean's Rod, has been added. It incorporates all my previous testing tools, plus All Die.

In Ted's absence I am going to look at the 'Green Ball" problem in the Gnarley Forest, but that will be another update.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I installed the Cumulative Fixes and I now have an additional module in TofFEE called "Funky Fried Fixes". Was that supposed to happen?

6. Cerulean the Blue

Oops. My bad. Just delete it. I am removing it from the download as I type this. Just delete that folder.

7. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

I've been having a few CTD's with 5.0. They seem to happen on area transitions. I'm using the cumulative fixes that have modification dates as recent as 5/30/2006 so I don't know if there might be a fix after that.

I'm sorry I can give much more info. Let me know if there's anything I can do to give you more useful data to work with.

I can tell you this: with 4.0 I was not having as many CTD's, so I do think somethings changed. But I'm afraid I can't be more helpful right now. My party is different (I have a paladin now and I didn't before).

8. Cerulean the Blue

Hey Fred, did you follow the instructions in the Verbobonc README that came with the Cumulative Fixes? Also, did you make sure 5.0.0 was the active module when you installed the Cumulative Fixes. Both of these could be contributing to the CTDs.

9. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

Yes, I think I did these two parts correctly. I was just playing now without any CTD's for some time.

BTW: I noticed that in one random encounter, the monsters start fighting each other. It was a few bugbears and one bigger thing (smaller than a giant, I forget what it's called). I just thought I'd send out a heads up.

10. Cerulean the Blue

Yeah, it was an ettin. I fixed the ettin and brown bears attacking each other, but fixing the hobgoblins then required me to fix everything else that appear in random encounters with the hobgoblins, and for some weird reason it made the goblins attack everything the appeared with, so I took it all back out except for the ettins and brown bears.

11. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

I just noticed that Eagle's Splendour is, incorrectly, not available to druids. Also, there's a blank space in the Druid's spell list at second level (possibly where ES was meant to go). Don't know if this is a new problem, but even if it's not it seems like the sort of thing these mods have been shown to be able to fix. (I notices that Ray of Clumsiness is no longer capitalized differently from all the other spells, for instance.)

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I believe the blank space is for the Flaming sphere spell, which was pulled from the beta before release (as requested by Darmagon - it's creator) as it's not quite working as it should. According to the Online D20 SRD Eagle's Splendor is NOT on the druid's spell list.

@CtB; There is a .mob file in rufnredde's goblin_gone fix that is missing from your cumulative patch, it's the generic spawner in the Hommlet map that makes the goblin vanish, can you make sure it goes in the next cumulative fix please?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@hunter: What you referred to is why Allyx did the @CtB about the goblin gone mod [to let Cerulean The Blue know about the issue].

14. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

thanks for clearing that up -- I guess I should READ the posts instead of skimming the posts -- deleted previous post

15. Cerulean the Blue

Actually, all the MOBs for rufnredde's goblin-gone fix were left out of the Cumulative fixes. This has been remedied. Also, Nerrik supplied me with a new file to remove some of his new summoned creatures that weren't working or looking right. This has been included.

The Cumulative Fixes have been updated.

Our Host!