The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

Oops, yes, I did catch that but forgot to put it in my post. I'll edit the post in case it turns up in someone elses search (um, a n00b like me that is :p).

2. Niko

Niko Member

Some potential bug sightings. AND SPOILERS!

I recently installed Egyptian Whore and all cumulative fixes and played the game to see the new stuff.

My group has 6 PCs and one NPC (Meleny). All PCs are Neutral Good, except Paladin, which is Lawful Good (naturally). I cleaned the moat house, adventured some, recleaned the moat house (loved the choices you guys made) and made quite nice progress. Then I followed the map to the forest and won the fight handily. There I noticed first weird thing. If I tried to save the game there, one of the corpses (leader, specifically) would be turned to a green ball. Also the door out of the map would disappear. This meant of course that I would have to get the previous save and play it through without stopping there.

Second weird thing came when I went to Verbobonc. The moment the party set foot to the streets of Verbobonc, the guards were intent on gutting them. Right after the initial discussion was over, my glorious heroes (by this time they were knights of Whatsamacallit and Whatwasitsname) had to defend themselves against the predations of those foul knaves. Verbobonc lost its guards (including gnomish ones, as they wanted to murder our heroes). Oddly enough, no one noticed the slaughter. Viscount did not think it was important that his garrison was wiped out by a group of adventurers. Oh, well.

But on the whole I loved all the new things I found in the game. Instead of tedious traipsing along the countryside in the hopes of getting more experience and loot, one can have interesting encounters and get all those things and more. I can hardly wait to see what new things you will include to next versions (and to KotB).

:thumbsup:

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

This is from a new install of ToEE with patches, Co8 5 MOD, and the latest version of updates.

In the finale of the Moathouse Re-Spawn in the Forest, the Drow Cleric (far right) and the Drow Fighter (the 70 HP one) have their armor unequipped until hit in combat.

4. haywood

haywood Member

Is there a recent cumulative update somewhere?

I'm reluctant to bug hunt because mine is about 10 days old.

5. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

The most up to date fixes are located in post 4 of this thread, that link is updated with the newest changes. The last update was 29 May.

6. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Sorry about the double post but this is important:

I inadvertently did not posted a file needed by the goblin gone mod. It caused the goblin not to be gone from hommlet and the ring to be there and its new location. Its fixed now so just copy it over again and everything should work.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  7. Metallica_29657

Metallica_29657 Member

I recently installed 5.0.0 and have noticed these bugs.
    1. You can get all the sugar from Frank you want.
    2. Killing the half naked girl in the drow forest gets you a LOAD of XP AND you still get that item. (maybe not a bug, but seems so)
    3. Medium characters in my party are able to equip small armor.
    Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I need to know a few things.
    2. I use a Nodachi for my fighter, but I can't apply any feats to it. Why? (weapon focus, weapon specialization, improved critical, etc.)
    If you can help me with anything in this post, respond here or send me a PM, please.
    Besides all this, 3 cheers for the creaters of the Egyptian Whore
    :clap::thumbsup:

8. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

Hello gentlemen. I have everything installed and updated, and i'm having trouble exiting the fire node.

My party is composed of 4 characters, darely and thrommel. I thought initiallyI just couldn't teleport or sneak out of the node without killing the balor, but then I went and finished him off and tried to leave - the game still seizes up.

Any advice?

9. Metallica_29657

Metallica_29657 Member

If you just want to leave the node, then you could console out. A list of compiled console commands is available in the Temple of Elemental Evil forum. Just hold Shift and press the ~ key. When the window comes up enter game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,5007,487,488) and then press enter. Hold shift and press ~ to remove the console window. Best of luck.

10. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

Console failed!

I tried to leave that way, and the game screen went black and then closed out again. I also just tried walking through the earth node entrance and that caused me to quit as well.

11. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Minor bug: When I got the moathouse ambush, my characters said they'd already killed Lareth even though this wasn't the case. (And this was not labeled as a Bluff option, though come to think of it, it would make a lot of sense as one.)

And let me add my voice to those confused about how to get Extraplanar Chest to work. I cast it off one of the scrolls and nothing obvious happened; the shift-click information tells me what it's supposed to do, but not how to get it to do it. The scroll vanished but no money disappeared from my inventory.

12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

@jeffh: The problem with getting the ambush without defeating Lareth was dealt with a long time ago. Please install the latest version of the Cumulative Fixes located in post 4 of this thread. Same thing goes with the Extraplanar Chest.

@Everyone: Please do not post bugs unless you have the latest version of the Cumulative Fixes installed, and have read through this entire thread. Many of the reports we are getting are things that have already been dealt with.

13. Gleep

Gleep Member

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum, but i've loved ToEE and the patches from Co8. Glad to see all the work to help make one of my favorite games even better. I've found some bugs/exploits that may or may not be known. I didn't see them in cumlative fixes list, but they may be posted somewhere in all the pages of this thread or others. I tend to use solo or dual character parties, if that makes any difference. I was using the 4.0 patch for all these.

1. Casting Magic Weapon on Lareth's rod of smiting causes the character's attack bonus to skyrocket to 200+

2. The Sorceror's Helm gives a misc bonus of +15 to many various skill checks, this seems way overpowered.

3. In the Moathouse I attacked the zombies near the holding cells, I turned some but was overmatched so I retreated to the entrance level. When I try to go back to that level even using the secret entrance the game crashes to desktop.

4. After breaking a grapple from the giant frogs near the moathouse, the frogs lose their AI and will not attack or move or anything and my character can attack until the frog is dead .

5. Wands and probably other items, don't lose value as they lose charges, probabaly game design decision more than a bug.

6. I may be totally off here but does 'Crafting Rod' need the 'Craft Magical Arms and Armor' feat as a prerequisite? I selected the 'Craft Rod' feat but couldn't craft any due to the fact I didn't have the 'Craft Magical Arms and Armor' feat!

If these have been posted before, sorry. If not then I hope they help. Thanks for all the good work guys!

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Thank you for the input Gleep. Sorry to have to mention this, but this is a thread for 5.0.0 beta, not 4.0.0. Many of the things you mentioned are fixed by 5.0.0, others are beyond our capability to fix at the moment.

15. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

I definitely remember unzipping the cumulative fixes into the ToEE folder before I ever even attempted to run 5.0.0. Is there any way I can check to make sure they worked (e.g. a file that will have a different size with them than without them)? I suppose they could have got unzipped inside a subfolder by mistake or something, though I see no overt sign of that.

Assuming you're right and the cumulative fixes somehow didn't take, will adding them affect saved games?

EDIT: I've reapplied them, but since it's an obscene time of day where I am I won't be doing any more playing for a bit. I'll try to play around with Extraplanar Chest Sunday evening or sometime Monday. (What's the code to use with the "give" command if I need to console in a scroll of Extraplanar Chest, anyway?)

Also - a couple of times I've had battles hang on me, but I don't know if that's anything to do with the patch. An enemy's turn will come up (most often a newly summoned monster of some sort, but it also happened with the bandit leader in the tower), and that enemy never does anything but the game never moves on to the next character's turn either. Is this a bug the game came with that has nothing to do with you guys, or is this the sort of thing I should be taking notes on and letting you know about?

Our Host!