That’s the problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ioannis76, Oct 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

btw, here,

Believe what you will. You saw how the "glorious" Reich treated other nations, and what happened in the end. It seems that, for all the battles it won, it never managed to win the war.
    Regarding Cyprus, which is also suffering now from the Fourth Reich, we will see how things play out.
    It's interesting though that I spoke of persons, and your reply is about nations.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Actually I have heard of that. Wasn’t just recently when the first private shuttle made the first supply run for the international space station? Still it startles me how a private company can have the knowhow and resources that the mighty US government no longer possesses?

Nor did I say or meant to imply that you said that. I only said that for someone to claim that the wealth of Κωνσταντινούπολη was great enough to build the entire western financial sector on it would be hubris.

The wealth of the capital of the king of the Greeks an sich is legendary, that was the very reason why so many norhtmen were attracted to take the Varangian way and face all the dangers of that path. As Turisas sings (as they copied from the Sagas): Κωνσταντινούπολη was sui generis. Still I find it rather hyperbolic to claim the wealth of the entire Western Europe to be based on the wealth of Κωνσταντινούπολη, some institutions perhaps but no way would that wealth has carried all the way to Napoleonic era. Especially, when the colonial powers of Spain and Portugal flooded Europe with gold and silver stolen from the Native Americans, causing a huge inflation only a century after the fall of Κωνσταντινούπολη.

btw. any idea what is the source of that tube? How credible is that “documentary”? Who made it and for what purpose?
    Sad but true: [​IMG]

I disagree because of the following arguments; feel free to correct me if and when you find my logic wanting, of course the following is written purely as an academic debating argument and not to insult anyone.
    Firstly some, if not most, western nations including Finland have criminalized the planning of terrorist/anti-governmental violent acts. It would only be reasonable to conclude that after 9/11 similar laws have been ratified in the US (I am unaware of the current situation there, I have only heard rumors regarding the length of the “patriotic act”). This of course means that if an individual can be proven to have acted or planed to act in the terrorist way, he or she will have been prosecuted and judged by a judgment of an impartial and independent court of law.
    The fact that not a single detainee from Guantanamo have been brought to answer his or hers criminal acts before an impartial and independent court of law only suggest to deduct that no such criminality can be proven. This fact leads only to the conclusion that the detainees in Guantanamo are there not because of their criminal acts or tendencies. Thus one must search another reason for their imprisonment and the only one available is the political/religious. The only verifiable common nominator with all the Gitmo detainees is their religion, they all are infidel Muslims. After we have eliminated all non-possible explanations, logic dictates we must accept the result, how unpleasant ever.
    Circumstantial evidence also supports this interpretation as concentration camps were routinely founded in non-domestic regions, namely Nazis founded theirs on conquered soil (Poland) and Finns did the same in Russian Karelia. The very idea of this was to claim deniability on a tight spot, “this did not happen in Finland, or not in the Reich” but on some foreign soil where domestic laws and principals cannot be enforced. Similarly Gitmo resides on Cuban soil and not on US soil, so they can use the same argument. Some might say that is only a coincident, but do you really believe in such coincident?

I owe my very existence to the glorious Reich and the revered Marshall. That does not make me entirely blind, only half I guess. At least I am willing to openly confess the many shortcomings of my personality and my way of thinking.

The one thing my late pappa thought me was to be proudly who I am. Never apologizing my existence. My pappa was the last lord and master of the homestead Vainionpää. Free and independent from cradle to grave and I will be damned to be any less. Sorry, I let my emotions got the better of me.

3. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

:clap::clap::clap:
    And there we go again. Rocktoy does not like the evidence, so much the worse for the evidence. When, in the beginning of this "argument", I brought you evidence regarding the working hours of the Greeks from the OECD, you went, "well, yes, the OECD is fine, but the evidence IT collects derive from the Greeks". Therefore, the results of the OECD are false, and Rocktoy keeps with his prejudices.
    Greek sources were fine and nice, though, when you brought "evidence" from e-kathimerini about the bad Greeks who were getting disability pensions without being disabled. Of course, when asked about what percentage of the Greek working people represented these scumbags, I got a monumental answer:

And who can argue with that? You find one bad Greek, that's evidence enough to condemn all.
    :)

Evidence from a Greek source is fine if it suits Rocktoy's points, but bad if it doesn't. All right.

You mean you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the Third Reich? Oh, dear. But then again, you can't really know that, can you? You can't really know what would have happened IF. You can make educated guesses, with a high degree of probability, perhaps, but still...

Anyway, I see no reason to continue this conversation.

4. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Lost in translations or misinterpreted would be me words, again. I know as my psychology professor teaches us, that people are twice as likely to accept information that coincides their way of thinking, than the information that contradicts it. I knew this. Did you?

Nevertheless. That was not my point. The youtube clip does not qualify as “evidence” as there were no credits. I can wear a funny hat and give a representation to youtube how the wealth of the post roman Europe was based on the wealth of ancient extraterrestrials. Would you consider that as “evidence”, given that I do have a very compelling hat?

Ahhh! All that had nothing to do with my question in the first place. I asked you for the sources because I got interested about the subject and wanted to know more. Just like you never bothered to tell me more about Sarissa or Athlos. And what I got? A racist ramble. Shame on you.

Actually I do know. My mother’s fathers’ father, chief surgeon of Finland, kept a journal (which has been published in Finland) which I have read. In that journal he states that should the soviets have won the Winter War, he, his wife (Ms. Faberge) and their unborn child would have fled to Sweden where rest of the family resided. That would have meant that my mother’s father would have never met my mother’s mother, which would only mean nonexistence for me. Not to mention my father’s side. Well, you only need to study the history of the Baltic to know what Stalin did to the patriots. There is no place for an undetermined if, only for unwanted probability.

Our Host!