Testers Needed!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cerulean the Blue, Feb 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Be advised that as near as I can tell, we don't actually have the new public release version of Darmagon's spells yet - the one he announced in the "Co8 4.1.0" thread. At least I can't find it anywhere. The only one still around is the beta from his "Okay here it is, the new spell zip" thread, which I don't believe contains the last updates.

Anybody hear from him lately?

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The Darmagons Spells in the combined updates in my above post is from two sources, one from the thread you mentioned and the other from what Allyx provided to me. Thanks, Allyx!..

So, as far as I know, the ones in the combined updates of my previous post are the most up to date without a newer release from Darmagon.
    :thumbsup:

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yup, I'm still going. I suggested some stuff to Endarire be added for the NPC so he reacts to certain specific situations in character (namely, his Orc-hating NPC reacts to the Orcs in the Temple) and have been adding these, err, additions. The dlg file is now the 7th largest in the game, so its been no small effort.

Anyway, will get straight back to it. More updates in an hour or so.

EDIT: Ok, finished the scripting (finally!!!) still some tinkering with the actual mp3s to do. Is that stuff above the 'final' versions of protos.tab etc for me to mod?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Not to put to fine a point on it, but this is the 19th post in this thread, and only two of those have had anything to do with the topic.

QUIT HIJACKING MY THREAD! :D

Wrapping up all the little new bits into one package is nice and all, but my work is like release candidate 0.01beta right now. It is going to change. A lot. And it has nothing to do with Darmagon's spells. I am testing based on the files I posted. If anybody is testing based on other files, there is the chance I may not be able to use their results.

5. Shiningted

All that and you never answered my question. :questionm

6. Cerulean the Blue

Did you miss the part about my stuff is going to change? A lot? That includes the protos.:imwithstu

On a salient note, I have gotten the bugbears in the Moathouse dungeon to not attack the female bugbear, and she not to attack them. Still no running of to alert the other's though, and I can't figure out where that bit of magic is at. If anybody knows, I would be grateful.

7. Shiningted

Hey, u get by on your looks, you scrimp on a few other faculties. :chick: (and sorry ;) )

May I make so bold as to suggest I send you my protos stuff and u hack it in? 3 new prototypes, 3 new description.mes things, 2 new invensource.mes entries, the rest can go straight in the installer.

Edit: Ron's script is done as I said, the mp3s are almost all done, but i have to work overnight <sigh> Will get back to it asap.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

OK, so let's move all non - "Testers Needed!" discussion over to the Co8 4.1.0 thread . . . pertinent posts repeated there.

9. Cerulean the Blue

As far as I am concerned none of this really matters, as my files are just a testing version right now and I am not concerned with their compatibility at the moment, just the behavior of the NPC's involved. Once I get the bugs worked out (which would go a lot faster if other people were testing) then I will worry about putting it together with other the other stuff.

My files are based on 4.0.0 updated with 4.0.1. I don't have Darmagon's spells installed ( don't need them to test this ), but it should be compatible with them.

@Ted: You can send those files over if you want, but I'm not going to do any integrating until I'm done testing. You can send over the .py files too if you still want me to clean them up for you.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  10. Cerulean the Blue

Second bug found.

When you take Lareth to the Broken Tower the brigands there, his brigands, attack him as well as the party. It seems that respawned critters forget old alliances. I'll try adding the brigand's faction to Lareth (all 4 of him) and see if that helps.

EDIT: That seems to have done the trick. I added the brigands faction to Lareth and now they don't attack him.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  11. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Back from convention. Had a lot of fun. Met a girl. My group won the award for best party. Really good weekend. Am very tired. Thanks for compiling the stuff Allyx. I will start testing tomorrow when I'm something resembling coherent.

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

about the moathouse bugbears - its always been like that, once in a while the one who runs off to warn the others wont run - and other times all of them will pile into the first room.

13. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Hey...no slacking off over there. Besides, those things are dangerous.

14. Cerulean the Blue

A cookie goes to Allyx for finding the latest bug.

The goblin in Homlett no longer had Black Jay's ring. Of course, it didn't respawn with the goblin. I have added a line or two to the script so that the ring is created in it's inventory when it respawns.

15. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Lord spike dangerous yes but somewhat exciting.. must be the adrenilin rush

kalshane cool on best party room... if your ever at a mid west con find the barbarian wine and cheese society party.. you made me feel really old(used to run world cons and regional cons in th 70s and 80s)

Our Host!