Temple questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Basil the Timid, Sep 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Maybe you mean the Captain of the Guard, with the Boots of Speed and Magic Staff, instead of Shenshock, the wizard from the big encounter up the hall.

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I wonder~ It's been over a year, so I don't remember quite well.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Speaking of that...has anybody triggered the quest he gives?
    I never had it.

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I triggered his quest once, it was no big deal since you get the reward anyways if (when) you kill him. The hard part is not having the Temple on alert when you meet him - and you have to run into him when Senshock isn't around, or Senshock's dialog overrides his and you end up in a fight.

5. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

What??
    Where's the "i-must-do-every-quest" spirit?? :rant:
    The other guy gives you a quest too, and iirc they're related in some way.

I'm not sure, but i think that you shouldn't have troubles in the temple, if you're wearing the greater temple robes.
    I think even the trolls call you "master" or something like that.

6. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Why is it that only temple robes of the corresponding temple allow dialog? Why don't the elemental temple factions bow down to the PC wearing the Greater Temple robes.

Is it because my paladin is the party spokesman?

That reminds me - I have two PCs, the other a stupid and socially inept half-orc monk. Why is it that he always gets chosen for dialog when the enemy initiates?

7. Cetali

Cetali Member

I think they just initiate with the one closest to them. If the character isn't invisible.

8. Basil the Timid

I like Ronald's response to Cuthbert's intercession. Great job! Anyone know if Y'dey does anything?

Does anyone have a good strategy to get all the monsters in the Greater Temple chamber to join the battle at the same time? (I can't wait until Sitra gets back to work his magic here!)

What is all this chatter I read about people killing Iuz or Cuthbert? I have a LG party of 10th level and only could damage Iuz by 11 points - then he leaves.

I am also having an unusual freeze up when resurrected Zaxis, who died at the electric trap, tries to rejoin the party either on his initiative or after combat. On his initiative, I am unable to go to his position so I tried to double move him closer to the party (and clear of the trap); however, when the combat was over and I then tried to regroup, the freeze occurred. Strange things happen over greater distances, I suppose.

This reminds me that bows cannot reach from the electric trap to Iuz, actually, not even a fraction of that distance.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  9. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Basil, to meet St.Cuthbert you have to somehow survive the battle with Iuz for 4 rounds. Then you'll have a short encounter with St.Cuthbert. If you want to do battle with him, you have to have Iuz unconscious during the 4th round. You can defeat Iuz by doing non lethal damage(in order to meet St.Cuthbert,otherwise doesn't matter) with Fragh or Scather( obviously NOT with your LG party) and you have to cast on the wielder of the sword A LOT of Stoneskins.
    As about the electric trap, I don't know in the 506 mod, but preveously the problem was the keys in the HB mod. Don't take them!!!!!!!! Use the open lock option to open chests. Funny enough, if you don't take them, your rogue will be able to normally disarm the electric trap(given your rogue has enough skill points of course)

10. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Ah, funny enough, in order to defeat Iuz you DONT want a big AC, 'cause you want to be hit so you answer back with your Fragh as you need lots of hits to take him down, more than you'll be able to deal in your normal turn ( VERY handy Stoneskin :yes: )

11. Basil the Timid

Why does the game always crash if I pass the Orb of Golden Death to either of my PCs: Paladin and LN Monk? I'm assuming only a PC can operate the throne.

Ah, it was a bink and windowed mode issue. Once I guessed that there could be a video after PC equipping the Orb, I tried loading in normal mode. Video seen, proceed as normal.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Man! I wish I was exploring the Temple for the first time. That was wondrous! (And apparently, very addictive.) :thumbsup:

13. Basil the Timid

How long does it take for Antonio and Tubal to kill each other? How does one confirm this? Does the logbook say so, or do you just have to keep checking in on them?

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I recall that I completed the necessary dialogue, then travelled out of TOEE, rested, then travelled back in, and they were gone. So, not very long. A week or so maybe?

BTW, @ the earlier electric trap question, you can intimidate/negotiate the password from one of the trolls in the room to the right after you knock them out.

15. Basil the Timid

Ah, thanks for answering both, Ausdoerrt.

Our Host!