Temple+ Bug List

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Aug 24, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. DarkStar70

DarkStar70 Member

I hovered over the scroll inventory as you suggested, and found another pattern. Some of them do not show "Arcane", but a specialized school of magic. For example, the scroll of invisibility shows (Arcane, Illusion). But the scroll of GREATER Invisibility (Illusion) which I guess "why" it fails when attempting to copy them into a wizard's spellbook because the keyword "Arcane" was not there.

Similar situation with the scroll of Dismissal Endarire. The scroll was set up for the Divine OR using a specific magic-user school of Abjuration (not providing the keyword "Arcane" at all.)

My guess is the code for the copy scroll is looking for the keyword "Arcane" and bypasses when not found.

The scroll of fear does show the keyword "Arcane" so who knows why it responds "Invalid Action" when the wizard attempts to copy it into their spellbook.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Don't understand this bit; I bought Greater Invisibility scroll from Burne, only yesterday, and copied it straight into spellbook. "Invalid action" is what I get when I have failed a spellcraft check previously for that spell.

Our Host!