Ted's mod is HERE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I didn't even try to get on until 8PM local time, and the 'net was acting funny. I left for BSG at 10PM, and was mortified by what I found. As soon as I saw what those SciFi bastards had done, I came back to the pc, but the internet was still totally jammed up. Not sure why...but it happens from time to time.

It's kinda funny, but the same people who bring what is arguably the best drama to television also bring us things like 'Mansquito' and 'Dinocroc'.

I reiterate: BASTARDS!

:chainsaw:

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

To much sci-fi for me, I get all I need from Dr Who (and Lex when it was on years ago), I've heard of some of those shows and might've seen bout 5min of them but they're just not my thing.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Dr Who is an awesome TV epic. When the Dr Who series was first made and released, it set a new presidence and standard in SCIFI television shows. It's impact on the SCIFI television industry and the viewing audience community was as great as the original Star Trek TV series [and no, i do not mean the one with Jean-Luc, I mean the one with Captain Kirk].

-> ShiningTed: Yes, I was copying the saved games data files to use the same characters. I will check with a new party that I will make and use the give 12890 command.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks Krunch.

I was just getting into the latest Dr Who and they killed him! One season! Thats like number 8 or 9... not many left!

Btw, can anyone else give me feedback about Patch 1.0.5? Install it and access Ah Fong ok? If you patched an ongoing game and nothing new showed up in his inventory, it just means you have to wait for the inventory to refresh. I finally got Calmert's inventory to refresh with a bless scroll, that was satisfying, and also added a personal tinker so that he should refresh with a 'Restoration' scroll about 20% of the time (something I think Terjon should offer as a service, but thats just me - having to wait for a 9 or 10th level Cleric to cast such a necessary spell, and having no fall-back like being able to purchase it, is an impediment to playing the game 'fairly' and copping a PC death when it happens imho).

Doesn't Thrommel look yummy? :love:

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The problem is with that same party. I do not have a game save prior to where the problem started, so, I will have to start a new party. Other game saves of other adventuring parties do not have that problem. If I make a new party, they also do not have that problem.

Now, before you blow this off as done, here are some added details I have for you as it may be a bug issue, rather than just a glitch or corruption issue.
    When the party with the problem enter the Ah Fong Emporium, this time, I was able to see the characters and Ah Fong in the room long enough to see what is taking place.

The room shows everyone, including Ah Fong, in a fight mode, hunched over in a fighting position like combat has started. (Laugh. I swear my party did not do anything like tell distasteful npc jokes to make him mad.) This is where it CTDs. The one difference I can tell from a party not having the problem and a party having the problem is
    (1) the deperate housewives quest was started
    and
    (2) a village nulb woman who knows about the curette [and you can talk to her about Lila] is standing outside, in front of the door at the Ah Fong Emporium, and she will not move away from standing in front of the door.

It could be possible that by her standing directly in front of the door, when the party enters the room through the outside door (the Ah Fong Emporium), the game thinks an attack was made.

A laughable example one time was when I used the world map to travel from Nulb to South Hommlet [the Welcome Wench Inn] where my party landed directly on top of Elmo. You hear Elmo yell, "Ouch! Stop that." like when Elmo walks in the area effect of an Ice Storm to hit a monster. Elmo immediately attacked my party at that time at the Welcome Wench Inn.

Can you, please, check the Nulb Village woman standing in front of the door? It may be nothing, but then again..

6. Shiningted

Well, she always stands there... but I'll check.
    You mean when the player causes Elmo to get hit by friendly fire?

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Not intentionally, but yah, when you have an ice storm at the backside of monsters and the side of the nearest monster to Elmo is open and he should not get damaged at the side where the game has Elmo move just enough in the effect area to take damage.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I started a new party from a new installation using new downloaded MOD and patches. This party has entered the Ah Fong Emporium several times. Half the time, this party has the same issue as the other party. Half the time it works, and the other half it does not work. Also, in each instance, the Nulb Village woman is not standing in front of the door.

Enter the Emporium and buy weapons and gear. Have the party equip some of it, and for the remaining items, sell some to the blacksmith in Hommlet and drop the rest in a river or swamp. Then, go back to Nulb and try entering and leaving the Emporium a few times to see what happens. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest?

Oh yah, this is on Windows 2000 Pro, not on XP Pro. So, it is not an XP thing.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  9. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

couple things 1st great mod
    Dr Who rocks been a fan since the orignal wiliam hartnell 1st runs on BBC tv

later had the honour of meeting 3 of the 1st 4 dr's as co chair of a world con.

the impact on tv and science fiction is huge ...(not scifi...)SCIFI is plan 9 from outer space.. and b movies
    .. the permissablity for a fantastic premise on tv... the introduction of serious non campy science fiction into the movies, was revived..morality in fiction was introduced to the main stream..
    not to mention a huge boon in hawain shirt sales... ala john nathan turner:)

anyways...

do i need to clear ALL The Non folders out of the /maps directory.. after installing 1.05 or between 1.0 and the 1.05 patch>?

or every time i run TOEE?

I dont have front end set up fr multi mods or yours.. so im doing this manually

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

No, do not delete any of the folders under /maps--delete files only, all of the files you should delete have what ShiningTed has referred to as weird names; the files you need to delete are located in the parent folder named /maps. Those file names actually look wierd. If you look at the file names in each subfolder under /maps, you will notice those files have a similar naming convention and do not look wierd.

It took me time and thought, too, to determine what exactly ShiningTed meant by wierd when I first installed ShiningTeds MOD. I just, as in today, made a batch file I run each time before I launch ToEE.

11. Shiningted

Thanks Krunch - what he said.

You only have to clear the cache if you change the game. So, each new patch requires you do this. But once you have installed them, you don't have to keep doing it.

Now for the next (last? final?) patch.

12. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

right right as i said.. The NON folders..*qed files... in maps/,

i had noiticed they all have names like a random key generator..

so identifying wierd vrs a naming convention is no problem..

any eta on 1.06 i know you were done,.. but then . added some more,,'

a new zen khan, "when is a modder done"

13. Shiningted

Latest patch

Ok, the (dare I hope???) final patch is HERE.

http://files.co8.org/mods/Teds_patch_110.zip

This patch:

ADDS a couple new combat voices (just obscure and one-off things, but meh, better than none).

ADDS Cujo's new Thrommel look.

FIXES a couple teeny things in the dialgoues of my mod.

And most importantly, this patch is compatible with Allyx's shop-map mod, so you can install it over the top of that. Note it does not contain Allyx's mod, and thus has two Temple.dlls in it. To switch over to Allyx's (if you already have Allyx's installed and put this over it) just use Toffee to select the .dll in the Allyx_shop_dll folder or copy it by hand, and copy the start_equipment.mes in that folder over the one in data/rules. Worth backing up the originals and keeping both if you restart frequently and want to just jump straight into the game (if you are a tester, for instance).

Also, if you are NOT upgrading from 1.0.5, which adds Cujo's mod V2, then delete the folders in data/art/mesh as instructed in the Install.txt (and its detailed above) BEFORE installing. Ie if you have never done this, you have to do it now - if you did it last time, don't worry. As usual, this is a cumulative pack, you only need my mod and this patch if you are just starting.

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

But if you've NEVER patched at all, then don't worry just install as the folders you're going to have to deleted won't be there.

btw there's another redundant folder in this lot - data/art/meshes/armor/royal_armour for those of you who have patched before it'll be there but it isn't needed.

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

-> Cujo - Redundant means delete it to get rid of unneccessary files, right? (Y/N)

Our Host!