Technicolor Dreamcloaks

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Rudy, Mar 9, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sounds good, Rudy. :thumbsup:

What range of numbers does item_creation_names.mes use for wondrous items and magic arms and armor? And wands, for that matter.

Also -

I see that the item listing in the crafting menu does do carriage returns - it just prints the next item on the same line as the carriage return from the previous item however - so we might be able to solve that with an additional carriage return on each item, or on the lengthy ones anyway.

2. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, to be honest. It uses the same number as description.mes/protos.tab does for the item, as far as I can tell.

Though, I have the impression that it doesn't actually matter what number you assign to an item; the ranges defined in the files seem to be a matter of grouping similar items together for convenience, rather than for any hard coded reason. Like, I should be able to create a wondrous item with an id in the wand range with no issue; it would just get confusing for editing purposes if ids were spread out all over the place.

I'll test this when I'm home from work, though.

Would you prefer this to the current abbreviation method in item_creation_names.mes? I honestly think the abbreviation is fine, since it won't show up it the true item name.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The only thing I'm worried about is if 'Lavender Cloak +7 of Discerning Wild-Shape Striding Long Member Bracers Plus Unholy Axiomatic Frost of Electrical Immunity to Fire-Based Answering Attack Sword of Euphoric Restitution +55' gets turned into 'LavClo7DisWildShStrLongMemBra+UHAColdSharpLossHorDeathKill+55.' ;)

4. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Ha! I kind of want to make that item, now.

I see your point, though. We don't want to abbreviate beyond the point where the name is easily understandable. I'll look into the possibility of carriage returns if/when I get to the point where the names get too long.

5. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Just saying for anyone watching this that you shouldn't wait up for new colors or custom items just now; my current priority is helping Gaear get a bunch of bugs/quirks fixed with existing item creation stuff.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Oh, OK ... I'll turn in then. :)

I do want to say, it's really great to see Gaear getting some help with this stuff.

YAY Rudy! :thumbsup:

7. Salk

Salk Established Member

I want also to thank you Rudy for assisting Gaear in any way you can.

Gaear has done a tremendous job at keeping the Co8 releases come out steadily and punctually but I am sure he appreciate the help.

8. Barles

Barles Member

I really wish the AI was significantly harder in this game because as of right now, it's not like we need MORE ways of sending the hordes to the afterlife. However, item creation is kind of fun. My main concern with that is that the stat boosts always trump anything else, save possibly the helm of brilliance if you're going to be cheesy and create that item. So I'm all for setting increased level requirements for stat boosting items, even at the "harsh" level 10 penalty. For 9 levels, that solves both problems.

The other thing I'd like to see are more foot and waist slot items as they're currently (I think) suffering the most for lack of options. All the work done on this game is much appreciated though. I've been cracked out on it since I discovered co8's new content patch.

Our Host!