Summon Undead spells?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by OLLY613, Apr 22, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Hey there. Quick question. I am planning out an evil party and I am noticing the spells for summon undead are not available for my characters despite them being in the game files?

Anyone know if these aren't fully implemented yet.

I have the most up to date temple plus and c08 as far as I know.

Thanks in advance.

2. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

The only spells that I remember working for creation of undead is the (probably not the correct name) animate undead spell. This requires casting on a corpse and you can only choose between zombie and skeleton - both of which are not impressive. For example, if you cast it on a hill giant corpse...you simply get a generic skeleton or zombie.

But they do get bonuses from desecration, etc.

Your best bet is to have a high-charisma cleric which can command undead. This works well. These count as summons, but they don't disappear on area changes.

Irrc, summon limit is 10? After which you can not control any more - but any over the limit will be cowering.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  3. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Thanks for the response. And yes I think I am making an evil cleric for desecrate and control undead.

I was looking at spell lists and saw blackguard has summon undead 1, 2 , 3 and 4 but those spells weren't available during testing and gaining levels.

Speaking of Is there a way to create an evil paladin and then convert to blackguard?

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@OLLY613
    If you ignore alignment requirements on classes via Temple+, you can multiclass Paladin & Blackguard.

5. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Oh!!! Sweet. That is excellent. I will try it out! Thanks!

Our Host!