Suggestion.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sindegra, Mar 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sindegra

Sindegra Member

I decided to start a Monk solo game. Now while setting up the monk I wanted I ran into a few things. 1. A monk doesn't begin with alot of starting hp. 2. A monk has special weapons, (kama sai siangham unarmed strike shuriken) but most of them are not given in the starting equipment! 3. The special weapons kama and sai for some reason when summoned using the give command would result in a white T in my equipment and then a game crash. So my suggestion is... That if you people make a new ToEE patch that I would really appreciated if these things where changed. (for 1 modifieing of starting hp for 2 putting a few of them in starting equipment or making a monk weapon store and for 3 finding out where these weapons are) I know its asking kinda much if you people are making a new patch. But I really would appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

A monk gets 1d8 hitpoints per level. This is per the rules for the class. At first level your Monk should have 8 hp plus whatever their Constitution bonus is. I started a game with just a monk with a Con of 12 and she started out with 9hp, just like she should have.

As for the special monk weapons, most of them aren't really neccessary. The monk's unarmed attack goes up in damage as they level up. The only time they would need a weapon is for fighting creatures with damage reduction.

That said, I agree it would be nice for the monk to start off with something other than a quarterstaff since their fists are already bludgeoning weapons.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You can change your PCs starting equipmemt by class by editing "start_equipment" in your "rules" folder with the appropriate values for items found in your "description" file found in your "mes" folder.

4. Sindegra

Sindegra Member

Allright

Thanks guys. Hmm, maybe add a siangham and a few shurikens.

Our Host!