Stroke Of Midnight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Aug 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Soccer is bizarrely enough the sport I got furthest in, First Grade Centre-Forward no less in Hi School. Its bizarre because i think soccer is a dull sport with occasional amazing goals, lots of acting and tedious outcomes most of the time. I'm just far too thin to play Rugby League :( Baseball was my preferred participatory sport :) Rugby League is hands-down my preferred spectatory sport.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/ Its the last round tonight and the Eels are playing for the Minor Premiership (finishing on top of the table before the finals start). GO YOU EELS!!!

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Hockey is great for constant action. Go Avalanch!

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I played hockey at high school but I didn't think any of you lot would care.

4. Shiningted

Is one of you talking about prancing around a field with a funny stick and the other skating around hitting people?

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I was refering to ice hockey.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I played both.

7. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

If I could skate I would play hockey for fun sometime, but sincce i fall lost on ice I stick to land based sports. I love playing football, basketball, and dodgeball, and would like to try and play rugby. I might get to try since a friend of my spent the summer in austrailia and learned a lot about rugby he says. Well anywho i got to get going to court for an M.I.P. i got last weekend...I hate bad drinking stories

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

In my youth: Baseball, swimming (on a team), soccer.
    As an adult: Bicycling, kayaking.

I also drive, shoot, pursue and (occasionally) fight professionally, and have been doing so for over 20 years. I keep getting better at the former and worse at the latter of these things. Are these 'sports', anyway...?

Pro sport teams: Steelers, Pirates, Penguins. City of Champions. 'Nuff said.
    College teams: Gamecocks. The name says it all.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Yes if you can be hurt or killed doing it, it's a sport otherwise it's just a game.

10. Lord_Spike

Then I guess I'm a 'professional' sportsman. Too bad I don't make what the guys who play professional 'games' make. I could afford to buy jet tickets for everyone to an actual meeting of the toee modders & fans association...!

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Hey that "football" is as a sport or atleast training is, I remember on the news a few years ago some guy dying of heat stroke while training.

and last time I checked the sport you were most likly to die playing in Aussie was golf. Rugby and motorsport were well down the list.

12. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

last i knew poll vaulting had a few deaths as well.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That's only because all the old codgers who play golf are on thier way to a stroke. :evil_laug

14. Lord_Spike

It also happened quite recently:

http://fox59.trb.com/news/footballdeath,0,7992703.story?coll=wxin-home-1

Aussie golf deaths are more likely from strokes of the 'lightning' and 'heat' variety.

15. Shiningted

A decent quick bowler can kill - that's why some short-pitched deliveries are called 'rib-ticklers', now and then someone gets one in the chest and the force of the blow has fatal cardiac repercussions. For those who don't realise, a cricket ball is bowled at almost the same speed as a fastball is pitched, and a cricket ball is harder.

Our most dangerous sport though would have to be rock fishing, thats the one where you get a few deaths every single year.

Our Host!