Strategy Fix (with Shin's looting mod)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by FredSRichardson, Apr 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

These are essential the files from Shin's looting mod with the strategy field added back in to protos.tab

Bug bears will trip, wizards will cast, etc.

It's all compatible with the co8 patch 2.0

There's a quick README included that I won't bore you with here.

Attached Files:

2. mjck7

mjck7 Member

THANK YOU!!! :)

3. Mike B.

Mike B. Member

Thank You!

After installing Stategy-fix, do I need to start a new game or will your changes effect an existing saved game?

4. FredSRichardson

I'm afraid I don't know enough to answer that question. I strongly suspect you have to start a new game, but I'm not positive.

5. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

I would say no, but I am not sure myself.

BTW Fred, I so far I did not install your patch and I noticed following: In the Broken Tower fight (the one where you face some folks including 2 mages and 2 witches) the mages didn´t cast but the witches did cast spells and they casted different ones as they casted when I just played with the offical patch. Back then they casted bless and bane, now they casted hold person. In the end I had 3 holded characters. Just FYI, if ya interested ;)

6. FredSRichardson

You lost me a bit here, what were the before and after conditions in which you noticed this change?

I take it that one condition is with the official patch, but what is the other condition? (e.g. without any patch, with co8 patch, with my patch?)

The co8 patch definitely effects the enemy AI in bad ways, that's what (hopefully) this version of the protos.tab fixes.

7. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Hmm, maybe I wasn´t clear enough... my fault.

The last time I played through ToEE I played with the CO8 patch.

I noticed that the bugbears do not trip anymore and snipers often don´t use the 5 foot step. Sometimes they do so I guess the game knows serveral types of ranged attackers and uses different scripts for them.

I also noticed that the standard mage does not cast anymore, only those mages with special scripts. The witches in the Broken Tower fight do cast, but it seems to me as they casted different spells compared to the games without the CO8 patch. In "normal" games the witches opened the combat by casting in the first round bless and in the second bane. With the CO8 patch they only casted Hold Person.

8. FredSRichardson

OK, yes, the problem you witnessed with the co8 patch is exactly what the files I posted here address. My version of protos.tab should make the bugbears trip, archers 5 foot step, casters cast, etc.

Our Host!