Stormlord PrC

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Apr 30, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

I've started to work on the Stormlord PrC and would like to get feedback.

You can download the lastet nightly of temple+ from this link: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/history
    Choose either version 2523 or 2524, both have the same issue.

After download unzip the folder and start the TemplePlusConfig.exe from the folder. Disable autoupdate.

Then download the attached class038_stormlord.py and copy it to your "Temple of Elemental Evil\overrides\rules\char_class\". I am sorry about this but I tried twice to push the file, but the final nightly does not inlcude the file for an unknown reason to me.

Help file also does not work, if you want a help file for testing please download the attached stormlord_help.tab and copy it to your "\Temple of Elemental Evil\overrides\mes\help\" folder.

Start the TemplePlus.exe from the temple+ nightly folder

EDIT: Ok was not aware that the nighlty skips the folder. You have to download the overrides folder for now then, else it will not work at all. On the plus side, the overrides folder has everything needed.

What is working?
    Spells, Enhanced Javelins, Resistance to Elec, Shock and Thundering Weapons.

Whats not working?
    Storm Walk, Storm Ride, Storm of Elemental Fury.

Known Issues:
    Help file is not finished, I ran out of time
    Shock Weapon and Thunderous Weapon do stack with existig weapon enchantments, which they should not. I can't query this in Python atm.

Storm Ride will never work I guess, there is no fly in ToEE :)
    Storm Walk is an edge case, will work on this later.

Storm of Elemental Fury has the same problem I've got while looking into the Warlock class. I would need to cast a spell, that the class is actually not having access to, and I fail to implemented this via D20A_CAST_SPELL at the moment. Once I solved this, I can also do the Warlock class actually. Bad news is, I tried to solve this already a few hours :(

I am aware that storm of elemental fury is not currently in the game, but adding spells is not the problem and it is part of the spell_compendium anyways ;)

EDIT: Alot of the code is actually based on the arcane trickster. I changed arcane to divine for the spells part and you can easily spot my code part, it's a different coding style ;) Huge shoutout to the arcane trickster creator (I guesss @Sitra Achara or @_doug_ ) most of the work was already done for me ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Awesome as always!
    For future reference, make sure to download commits by sagenlicht rather than the latest, since I may push things in other branches. (It will be eventually integrated to main ofc)

I think that's not really necessary when you run it from the nightly build folder.

I forgot to mention, the tpdatasrc folder isn't deployed in release packages, it's zipped up in tpgamefiles.dat which has to be done manually.
    This could be automated but we were kinda apprehensive about including tio.dll directly in the build system. But maybe that's dumb.

I did the trickster. Glad it was helpful and to see you and doug pick up where I left :)

3. Sagenlicht

Oh, then even more is missing. Updated the first post and attached the complete overrides.zip that contains the the Stormlord PrC (only the Stormlord).
    I have messed up the second push then as well, I moved the help from mes/help to mes directly because I thought this might fix the help issue. would need to move it back to mes/help then as well. Will do so with my next push.

It's always helpful having a script to start :)

4. Sagenlicht

Quick Fix (attached to first post):
    Fixed Crit Multipiler for Shock and Thunderous Weapon
    Added Lightning immunity at level 9

5. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Wow! This is great. Keep up the good work.

BTW: I am currently working on the Abjurant Champion PrC but it won't be ready for a little while.

anatoliy and Pygmy like this.
  6. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

That will give @Sagenlicht time to decide what he will say when someone mentions Luminous Armor and Greater Luminous Armoro_O

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@_doug_
    For Abjurant Champion, note that by RAW the mage armor spell doesn't benefit from the class features since it's a Conjuration and not an Abjuration. Luminous armor and greater luminous armor are Abjurations and benefit from Abjurant Champion's class features.

All sanctified spells (like the luminous armor spells) are automatically known by all Good divine casters, and Good Clerics can spontaneously convert spells into these in addition to cure spells. Other Good spontaneous casters like Wizards can learn and cast them, but by RAW, spontaneous arcane casters can't learn them. (I allow spontaneous casters to learn and cast sanctified spells because the rule against it is stupid.)

The sacrifice cost is paid by the caster after the spell ends for its last subject, or by the person making the item that casts this spell as part of item creation.

8. Pygmy

Too many spontaneous casters?

9. Sagenlicht

To my knowledge both spells are domain spells only and no one asked me yet to do domain spells :D

10. Pygmy

Actually I was suggesting that you decided you didn't want to open up Sanctified spells before someone asked for the above but it appears to be too late - my big mouth.

Our Host!