Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks guys, but let me assure u, this will NOT be a rollercoaster through Ted's attempted wit. I have mainly posted (and indeed done) some of the more amusing stuff because there is so much to do, and I work on things as the fit takes me (and obviously things like that inspire me more than more serious bits). But the game WILL be quite serious, with just occasional moments of levity to brighten it.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That Lenny character is a handsome guy isn't he? I gotta agree with the blue one as well, those maps look awsome dude, can't wait to give thw finished product a spin (I'll also lend a hand to make it, just gotta get the inclination to finish the Verbo-mod first *sigh*)

3. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

Long time TOEE fan here...just picked it up recently to see, if the gods were good so to speak, Co8 were still actively modding.

I can't believe it. I've scoured these forums for the last few hours (on work time...oops ;) ) and am fascinated.

Sorry, this post is completely useless except to express my immense amazement at how awesome all you guys are. *bows*

4. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Will the 4.1 work help the B2 build? I suppose it will but I also think that T1-4 is already playable and enjoyable.

5. Shiningted

Damn straight... people wasting their time modding an ancient has-been of a game when there are new modules to be made!!! :rant:

To answer ur question, no the 4.1 stuff won't b going straight in BUT will probably turn up later. I had to draw a line in the sand so as not to have to endlessly update KotB to match each new Co8 incarnation, but certainly at some point all the latest spells / bug-fixes etc will go in. And we have new stuff 4.1 doesn't :D

6. Obnoxio

Obnoxio BANNED

This project looks amazing, and it's great to see how much enthusiasm you all seem to have for it :rock:

I played ToEE (pen and paper) *many* years ago, so I was a little familiar with the storyline in the Atari game, but I was never exposed to KotB, so it will be totally fresh to me.

Will it be the same as ToEE, inasmuch it's designed for party of Level 1 characters, and can the party "roam" from ToEE to KotB, and vice versa?

btw - although I know next to nothing about programming and modding, I have a *LOT* of free time on my hands, and I would be more than willing to offer my services as a beta tester for you guys.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  7. Shiningted

Thanks for the offer dude - and to everyone else who has offered, had me say, "yeah I will email u shortly" and then never heard back. After the next release these things willl all be taken in hand!

KotB will be set slightly before ToEE historically - at least 1 character from ToEE will make a childhood appearance in KotB. (Try to guess who. I think u'll be pleasantly surprised). It won't be a 'move characters from one module to the other' scenario because both are for starting characters, though hopefully the next module after this will be for continuing on with existing characters.

Yes it will be for lvl 1 characters, with emphasis (hopefully) on role-playing rather than crafting uber-items and dukin' it out with high-level monsters. Thats the theory.

8. Chaz

Chaz Member

Hi peoples,

Have just found this site and think what you are doing is great, being a long time AD&D player myself.
    What chance of doing the A modules as wellas the G ones? or even then D ones? Of course I know you need to eat sometime!!

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

There's a lot of talk about doing them; but the priority is to get this one "B" mod done first.

Try a search for GDQ or Slavers to read those threads.

10. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Ditto on the maps. All looking very nice. About Lenny though... maybe his portrait could be run through a Photoshop filter or 5? He looks just a little too "real world".

11. Shiningted

Point taken. I meant to posterise it a weeee bit but forgot.

12. Shiningted

And We're Back!!!

KotB is back in the game!

As per my promises of months gone by, I am preparing a release for any and all interested in getting involved. Lots of new stuff already in, just have to mob in some NPCs, some basic dialogues to tidy up, and some map stuff to sort out. But I'm back onboard :dance:

Daily updates to follow, if they ain't here, spam me until they turn up!

13. bigron

bigron Member

I wait in anticipation.:rock:

14. Shiningted

Quick Update

Hacked in 5 more characters this morning :)

Also, have been trying to get some changes going on the splash screen, but no luck :( The video in the background is clipped around the words 'Temple of Elemental Evil', changing them simply leaves a black gap shaped like the letters and any different lettering only shows through the gap.

Frustrating. :anger:

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Ted, do we have access to that video/animation that plays in the background? (I assume you mean the revolving image of the temple interior for the main menu screen, where the gargoyles used to scamper around.)

Our Host!