Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I see you two have been reading "Nodwick" again...

Nice work!

:heart:

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hirelings are great, and that'll help for my "defend the caravan" idea. :thumbsup:

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm Back, Baby!!!

... and I bring .svbs.

Thanks to the magic of Agetian's ToEEWB we can now have models grey out when they walk behind walls. See some results below - hopefully they will get better when I get the hang of the various forms (the different bits). Its a bit hard to see in that pic, but take my word for it, there is a noticeable change when u go from behind to in front of a wall now. Certainly they are still a great leap forward from having the characters running around over the top of the walls etc. Couple this with the natural (and complete) clipping provided by objects in the game (trees, doors, chests etc) and we will have a nice interactive environ.

At Agetian's request I am doing a tutorial where I sector a map of Screeg's from beginning to end so all you fraidy-cats can see that ToEEWB, mysterious artefact of the gods though it may appear, is in fact nothing to be afeared of. Thats almost finished (sectoring and svbing done, just have to add an internal door) and should be up tomorrow. Then its on to the WorldMap.

Endarire's NPC is essentially done from where I am, just getting some tweaking from other modders, then its off to Morpheus :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

@ Shiningted: yeah, now that's great! And even though the pic is small, it *is* noticeable, especially on that top left guy! Amazing work, I can't wait to see svbs in action! :) Btw, if you need more help on SVBing, it's actually an amazing practice to look at the Tutorial Map 1 SVBs -- really helpful. And yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing that tutorial on sectoring! :D

- Agetian

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  5. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

looking real good:cool: , ill have to get up to speed with a few of your tutorials lol, and have a good look.

meanwhile ill keep texturing stuff and learning..:giggle:

6. Shiningted

Funny, my Obsidian spontaneously switched to smaller fonts.

Anyways, updated the Gallery with a new pic of svbing in action, shows the effect from a character running down a long corridor, compared to him at either end.

7. Shiningted

Been on a modding frenzy, many new NPCs mobbed in and other stuff done, including finally putting in the portraits for Robin Graves and Two Swords (see gallery). Worldmap in place, now to move them dang buttons around.

EDIT: Spruiking the mod on the U5:Lazarus forums (hey, they asked!) and realised this gallery addition didn't come out, will look into it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  8. Shiningted

Apropos of my recent blog, I have finished renumbering all the maps and generally assigning them to their correct areas, to coincide with the Worldmap and also various internal necessities (like Keep quests coming up in the right spot in the logbook, ditto Wilderness and Caves quests - not that I have tested that far ;) ) The renumbering was less painful than I thought.

Also sectored the upstairs armoury for good measure. 'Sectored' will from now on include adding svbs, certainly haven't added them to all the old maps but new ones will come complete from now on.

9. Revord

Revord Member

Looking at the screenshots on your blog site, Im really impressed with this. How close to the original KOTB is this going to be? Also, do you intend to change up some of the rules to be closer to the actual D&D rules, or are they going to be the same. ie. crafting items in original D&D takes time, as well as money and xp. In TOEE, the time element is not there.

10. Shiningted

Well its going to be new content, not a new engine ;-)

Otherwise, as close to the original KotB as possible.

11. Slamr

Slamr Member

Re: Starter Pack

im excited,,, hurry up =) !

:pelvicthr

12. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I want this game!!! I am holding myself off with stormreach but I would rather play this module on the TOEE engine (and the next one and the next one). I wish I was rich so that I could buy the darn code and pay you folks to make modules full time so I could play an dpublish them. If I didn't make money on the deal so what? I love turn-based crpgs!!!!

Love you all! Keep going and if I get a second copy of B2 I would be willing to ship it to whoever the project managers think it best to help the project reach the pearly gates of completion. I adore what you folk are doing.

Thank You!!!

Thanks again 1 week later. I am not reading the B2 module because it was 20 years ago since I last read it and I want the game to be new the first time. Then I will reread the module and let my imagination compare it to the work.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  13. Shiningted

Thanks for the (double) encouragement!

That being said, KotB is again on hold while I do 4.1.0 duties. That has a release date of less than a month away, so this shouldn't be on hold long.

In the mean time, I have updated the gallery with some new stuff - go look!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shiningted/index.html

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Ted..the more I see, the more convinced I am that this will be the biggest thing to hit the D&D world since the ToEE. Our simple thanks for all you've put into this will surely be insufficient.

BTW, that guardsman looks damn familiar...:eek:_O:

15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Oh Ted, this is going to be great. The maps are awesome, and I can't wait for a whole stand alone mod with your sense of humor. Maybe one of these days I will stop taking on more projects and be able to give you more of a hand.

Our Host!