Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Update

I plan on re-releasing the Starter Pack to make it compatible with Co8 4.0.0 from the very start, rather than worrying about that later. So recently added spells etc will all be in there.

Full details at my blog. Anyone who is working on anything using the current starter pack, keep going, it won't make drastic changes to most things (other than the protos.tab but I will factor those in myself).

2. Shiningted

Ok, things r chugging along, got the ladder from the pub cellar working among other things (musta had the wrong version of jumppoint.tab going) and some dialogues, but mainly updating this to tell u I have updated the Gallery, complete with some new maps from Screeg including the Keep itself hurtling toward completion and looking damn fine :D

3. Shiningted

Sectoring some of the new maps at the moment, but for those who are too lazy to go to the site, wanted to put up the new Keep map, damn it looks good.

Here's a comment u gotta love: "Your file of 100.2 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype." :rant:

Attached Files:

4. MB

MB Member

Looking good!

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Looking Fine as Hell!

6. ALLANON

ALLANON Member

all right!!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  7. Shiningted

Ok, some new maps being sectored thanks to Screeg and Allanon, the Bailiff's tower (not too sexy but very necessary for various quests etc), the trader's store and a forest map for one of the wilderness encounters (spiders or mad hermit). Pix up soon on the official site but for the moment, a minor sectoring break-through (not that its anything new, just first time I have tried it...)

WE GOT DOORS!

Door closed.

Attached Files:

8. Shiningted

Door open!

They're lockable etc too I need hardly add...

Attached Files:

9. Shiningted

Speaking of doors (yes I'll spam my own thread if I want, try and stop me!) found out something interesting about the maps. Basically hit the wall at map 160 - thats a0 in hex when I hacked it into map.pnp (dunno if that is relevant, but there you go). The game doesn't seem to acknowledge maps this high, it didn't do the Provisioners map and it didn't do the Bailiff's tower when I put that in at 161. So I am going back and overwriting the Hommlet maps (which we don't need anyways) and this has an added bonus (I hope) - it means certain maps will automatically trigger already-known vocal lines from NPCs, so we can add them in without the pain of san_new_map and floating lines, they'll just turn up and say, "ah the Caves of Chaos, lets kill things" or whatever people want them to say. :) Thats the plan anyways, will know when I hack Allanon's wilderness map over Emridy Meadows tomorrow :)

10. Shiningted

Update: Well the forest map all worked a charm, and it is a damn fine map I might add too! So it appears on the World Map where the Emridy Meadows thing is (that can be changed ;)) though I forgot to test if the "Ahh Emridy Meadows, site of the famous battle..." line occured with an NPC. The map itself is a maze of trees, even has a little lake in one corner, just built for encounters, and the fact the tree models auto-clip both PC models and visibility makes it feel fabulous as you wander around. Only down-side - there was a noticable performance hit on the fogged map (theres a lot of swaying trees etc there) so will need some feedback (and will also need to add pathnodes but that will probably be one of the last things done). Will need some feedback when the starter-pack is re-released so people can let me know if the performance is the map needing optimising or just my old gear struggling away (I suspect 95%+ of people here have better rigs than me).

Off to do Pishella.

11. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Just occurred to me: What about the world map? I assume replacing the graphic isn't going to be too challenging, but are the locations and the paths leading between them all fixed in place?

Can the location images that pop up when you discover them (like the tiny little temple) be deleted/changed?

12. Shiningted

Yes they can, we have Allyx on the case atm, and indeed the whole thing is just a bunch of pic files that cna be put together as necessary (and altered of course).

13. Shiningted

Update: new plots, new dialogues, and new maps have all recently been done. Screeg has done the Inn and Church maps, so the re-release of the starter pack will have essentially all the buildings of the southern Keep. Pix of these will go up on the gallery soon enough.

14. Shiningted

Screeg the map-making machine has been at it again, sent me another 4. To give you an appreciation of his output, I decided to list the contents of my Modding\KotB\Textures\finished folder.

armoury
    armoury upstairs
    bank
    cells under fortress
    church (day AND night)
    graveyard (day AND night)
    mausoleum (2 versions... you'll find out why ;))
    guildhouse first floor (day AND night)
    guildhouse second floor (day AND night)
    guildhouse cellar
    Keep gate (day AND night)
    Main Keep - Outer Bailey (day AND night)
    The FIVE houses on the south wall
    Provisioner (day AND night)
    Pub (day AND night)
    Pub cellar
    Another FIVE levels of the various towers
    Trader (day AND night)
    Travellers Inn

and on top of all that, he even threw in a wilderness map for something I owe Cujo in ToEE from ages back (another encounter to get your hands on some of his sweet weapons without having to console them).

We also have Allanon's wilderness map which as I said elsewhere will be ideal for the Spider encounter. Thats about 28 different maps :thumbsup:

15. MB

MB Member

You guys rock! Have a happy Turkey Day!

Our Host!