Starcraft II looms over us all....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Mar 23, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I looked on www.mnworks.org while Starcraft 2 was installing. Nothing new for me on there. Jobs are hard to come by around here unless you're a meth dealer. It's the only full time job with 100% stability, all year round.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm running SCII on a dual core 3.0 ghz 3.0 ghz 4 gigs ram and an nvidia 8800GT with 512 megs of ram.

I'm yet to see any slow down and I've almost blocked out the sun with Starcruisers.

Also had 100's of marines storming at once with no slow down.

Myself, I'm loving the new Starcraft!

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I can't go near it. Classes start in 2 weeks. :p

4. Necroticpus

Tomorrow morning I'm going into urgent care to get a catheter put in so I can use my time efficiently for Starcraft 2. None of this wasting 30 seconds to a minute to take a squirt. During this time, eating solid foods will be optional.

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Have someone hold the solid food in front of your mouth (from below). OTOH, this inevitably moves through the system and starts becoming QUITE distracting. :yikes:

6. Necroticpus

So far, I am mostly pleased with the game. It has a jukebox that plays Sweet Home Alabama, Peter Tosh as an NPC and a real arcade video game within Starcraft 2 called Lost Viking, and no, it is not the same as Lost Vikings of yore where you controlled 3 little vikings that each had a special power, like jump, shield and attack.

I'm trying very, very hard to be cynical and find something that greatly displeases me about the game but so far it has not provoked anything within me, as much as I hate to admit it, BUT, I'm still in the early stages. ;)

7. sirchet

It's everything I liked about Star Craft, just done better with better graphics and a good story and great multi-player and fun times at war against the AI and and and and ...

*Runs off to play some more*

8. Necroticpus

I can't find no campaign editor in Starcraft 2. They ripped us off! The first starcraft had one, why not this one?! I was going to start modding starcraft 2. Hmmm, maybe I still can. I'll create a world editor by hacking Blizzard's servers. And then I'll combine it with ToEE and make ToEE in space! There's only 3 races to choose from though, terran, zerg and protoss. Zuggtmoy would have to be a xel naga, a hybrid between a zerg and protoss.

*EDIT*
    I'm wrong. I found the editor. Lucky for them. Anyways, that cuts my work in half! Now all's I gotta do is combine it with ToEE, recreate the adventure from scratch and BAM! The actual temple will be on a zerg fringe world. And not regular zerg, these are unaffiliated WILD zerg with no connections to the overmind!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  9. sirchet

How cool are the Vikings?

Hey look they're jets ... no, now they're StarWars type walkers ... wait now they're jets again, nope walkers ... wait now they're ... ah forget it.

10. Necroticpus

My favorites are the Thors. They give me a chubby. But everything is very cool at this moment. I really like the way some things stayed the same while others got a kind of facelift and they added new things. Misfortunately, I can't find very much to complain about yet. Only 1 mission left I believe for me. Gotta kill Char. And then I'm hoping that there's single player campaigns for zerg and protoss but as I understand it, they are making them separate so they can charge us another $60 bucks each for them, $100 each for the collector's edition.

*edit*
    Tychus Findley is da man!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  11. Necroticpus

Just finished the single player game and was kind of disappointed. This game, like so many others, have fallen in the way of making things overly graphical and far too easy to complete so they can target the younger demographic. I'm kind of surprised by this because during the end credits, it shows all 40 million Blizzard employees that worked on the game and over 95% of them are korean. You would think that since they play the game soooooo much they would want it to be quite a bit more challenging, but I guess that falls on the short side of making money.

I would consider this one of my guilty pleasures, playing an overly graphical game and enjoying it. Some people enjoy watching half naked midgets dressed in lingerie and clownface makeup while eating ice cream, some people enjoy being romantic with their partner on the Twister game mat, listening to Marv Albert sing show tunes while the dog licks their toes and some people enjoy collecting videos of people jumping from the world trade center. Blizzard is mine.

I am somewhat disappointed that they are milking it by making the single player campaigns another game to be put out at a later date. If it wasn't all about the graphics, it would all be included in one game, just like the original Starcraft. So there.

12. Necroticpus

If you really enjoy getting your ass handed to you constantly and consistently then battlenet is the way to go. There's koreans on there that haven't slept or done anything but play starcraft since the first game came out! They probably figure that if they aren't going to nuke the US then they are going to make us feel like they did through battlenet. I've played maybe 15 games and I've won once and I think it was because the other player got lag. I'm obviously nowhere near the best starcraft player in the world but I don't suck either. There's some good gotdamn players on there. Probably all 7-8 year old little bastards!

13. sirchet

Try playing the campaign on the BRUTAL setting and tell me how easy it is. ;)

Our Host!