Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

If you botched the swamp lotus/Amii quest then you simply weren't paying attention. Don't assume to know where the lotus will be found. That is your first mistake. This is a rare flower. It can be found, but it will ONLY be found by those paying attention.

Most people will miss this item because they have played the game before and think they already know everything.

I am not going to say anything more about this quest.

I started a fresh game last night and am playing the game myself. I found the item no problem.

It is NOT an easy item to be found, but it will be a nice reward for those that are paying attention.

Have fun...

- Livonya

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Yes,I've played this game many times the last 2-3 months, I notice different things each time I play I don't pretend to know everthing because I don't. I do try to pay attention to detail as I'm moving through the game Jaroo says it is very rare and hasn't seen one in a long time. He regularlly checks the fields around Hommlet(the hemlock) . The name suggests it grows in or near a swamp, which is where the moathouse is. It seemed logical to look there.

3. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

I looked at it too.... because it would have a logical sense. I'm sure, Liv, that you didn't put them in a non-sense place, like on a hill or a rocky area :D Nor on the swamps near Nulb, where there is the giant fish, because water would make everything a mess. I'm sure that you are enojoying the fact that we are all going crazy for it! Don't you? :D

4. Livonya

Actually, yes. It is intertaining.

- Livonya

5. magao

magao Member

Haven't installed 1.5 yet (and probably won't for now, as my leave is almost up) but remember that Nulb is built on top of a swamp ...

Also, I guess it's possible that something could be carrying it. I bet no one checks the sea hag for items anymore.

6. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

I'm also not going to have a chance to play the new mod for a while (too much 'real' work), but I keep thinking where the lotus might be regardless. If you're out of ideas, here's some of mine, if anyone wants them--

water temple shrine, the well by the abandoned farmhouse, nulb (mentioned above, also), maybe the water node (though that seems farfetched). Sea hag's a good idea, too.

Curious to see where it turns up . . .

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok Liv that did the trick for lareth got the regular options back for him. also when i went to the tower i got to talk to them and try to explain that i hadnt killed him but they didnt believe me and attacked anyway. is that how it goes? the revenge quest worked perfectly and they were tough even at 6th level. i found feldrin too right where he is supose to be, he begs alot like lareth doesnt he lol.

8. Livonya

That is working correctly, though it is possible to get different out comes from that situation with the correct skills.

It is indeed possible for them to believe you...

- Livonya

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hmmm is it now....well ill try again but my spokesman has 20+ in all his diplomacy skills. well maybe it was because i had his necklace with me. lareth still springs the trap if he is with you but ill try it with some other people in the lead and see what i get

10. Livonya

After Lareth gets away and before you go into the tower open the console and tell me what these lines return.

game.global_flags[834]
    game.global_flags[37]
    game.global_flags[835]
    game.global_flags[833]

You're the first person to help me test this, so it would be a good idea to get the numbers on this...

If Lareth is still alive and you have the proper speaking skills then the Brigand Leader send you away to find Lareth.

Also, when you enter the tower what dialog options are you getting from the Brigand Leader?

- Livonya

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  11. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok Liv ran through it again. got some more options this time when i used my rouge to do the talking. her skills are 5 points higher than the wizard that i had do it last time so i guess that made the difference. high skills needed thats for sure. ok here are the numbers you wanted.

game.global_flags[834] 1
    game.global_flags[37] 0
    game.global_flags[835] 0
    game.global_flags[833] 0

the brigand leader starting shouting commands to his people my options on the first 2 windows was just [more] then the third i had the option to attack or tell him i didnt kill lareth. then he said that i was lying cause they hadnt heard from him in awhile. then my only option was telling him that he ran away. he replies that lareth wasnt a coward. now my best run through i got 5 options on this next window.
    1 tell him i beat lareth and ill beat him
    2 a bluff, tell him lareth is back at our hideout
    3 diplomacy, tell him he wasnt a coward but was just hiding out for now
    4 intimidate, tell him lareth wont appricate the way he is talking to us.
    5 attack

then he tells me to go get lareth and bring him back. now i havnt done that as of yet cause i havnt figured out where he is hiding at

12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I've been trying to get MotherScreng and her daughter in the game. I read a post some time ago where they were in the game. I looked at the dlg file and it appears that the party must less than 5 and no npc's, because Otis has to be there also. Otis, MotherScreng and daughter(Murfles) make 3 npc, the max allowed. I tried all this but I can't get it work. Otis says he can't help, and I get same old dialog from MotherScreng(Canoness). Is this even worth pursuing? I thought I'd try it just to see something different. Any idea?

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Not run through this with 1.5 yet.

In version 1.0 you get these options regardless of whether Lareth is dead or alive (at least on the first time you visit the guard tower).

14. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

How did you get your rogue to do that talking? I've had no amount of frustration with the game picking PCs at random to talk to when NPCs initiate dialogue. The computer always seems to pick my least charismatic party member.

15. Livonya

Awesome, it is working great then. You have just opened up a new sub-plot.

Choose an option that allows you to leave the room and you can begin the new sub-plot.

- Livonya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!