Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You didn't watch cartoons in the 80's, did you? :)

Well, in addition to the worthless unicorn ring, they also give you a suit of blue elven chain.

2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

blue elven chain is a great reward, but .... well, in italy we have all cartoons doubled in italian by local actors and most often many names are changed to increased children's understanding of the cartoon.
    So, nay: I don't know of what you are talking about. What was the cartoon at least?

3. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

Thundercats?

4. Kalshane

Right. As cheesy as that cartoon was, it's amazing the random things you remember. "Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight." and of course "Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form into Mumra, the Ever Living!"

In the game, it is just a longsword +3, but it looks exactly like the Sword of Omens from Thundercats. Hence my large amounts of laughter.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Mean dog.

Livonya talked about upgrading Meleny once upon a time. I've used her in the game before with mixed results. I'm using her animal companion attack dog and wow, what a mean dog! He is a killer. Could things like attack hawks, falcons, etc be controlled by the druid? How about a wolverine with claw and bite attacks. Is there any potential here? How would a bengal tiger do with a troll? Hmmm.

6. Kalshane

Okay, so has anyone figured out the lightning trap yet?

I've tried disarming the trap and talking to the light from the boxes on either side of the trap. Both fail. I have tried doing different combinations of trying to disarm the trap and talking to the light. No luck. I tried casting Eagle's Splendor on my rogue, bringing his Diplomacy (and other social skills) score up to 24. Nothing. Tried casting dispel magic on the trap itself and on the one control box I can target with the spell. Neither had any effect. I finally said screw it and ran my party across, figuring I could heal everyone on the other side, but it killed flat-out killed my sorcerer.

I am stumped and well-and-truly frustrated. I can't teleport across, because teleport takes you to the world map. I can't use dimension door because the game doesn't allow the caster to bring anyone along, so I've never bothered learning it. Aside from dropping Prot f/Energy electricity on the party, I can't think of anything that can be done to avoid it, and the trap itself certainly doesn't give you any clues.

7. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Trust me there are other solutions. Think beyond the trap items.

I also made it a little easier to do the more obvious solutions in V1.5 (which will be posted on Friday or Saturday).

- Livonya

8. Livonya

Spoilers

Spoilers.

I am going to post some very direct spoilers.

scroll down if you want to see them....

1) You can get the trap word by beating it out of some of the locals. Just beat them into submission and see what happens.

2) You can activate a new sub-plot by letting Lareth go free or taking him to Nulb/Hommlet (let him escape) BEFORE you go to the ruined tower. Then when you go to the ruined tower you will activate a new sub-plot.

9. Marceror

I was able to get past it two different ways. One is described earlier in this post, and involves a cheesy method of running a high dex character past it, picking a fight, and then running the whole party in once the combat makes the lightning effect go away.

The second, and much more practical way involves magic... as a hint (read below)....

think cold based spells

As an outright spoiler .... read below at our own risk!!!!

I cast Ice Storm on the trap and it "killed" the lightning effect.

10. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Nice lareth thing, impossible with apaladin in the party. About beating the locals, probably you are talking about the elemental wizard behind the hidden door. I guess that I killed him before he could even say a world, litteraly. My weapon was too strong :p Nice to know that it is possible to kill the light, but why with a cold based spell?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  11. Marceror

Of course only Livonya can really provide the answer to this, but if you're asking why I tried a cold based spell... I was just trying all kinds of random things to try and get past it. I used ice storm with the thought that perhaps I could destroy the chests with magic, and just kinda got lucky with the results.

12. magao

magao Member

As a note, if you happen to cast Knock on the south-most chest, it turns into a normal chest (i.e. the dialog is removed from it).

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hmm hey Liv ive let lareth go and i went to the broken tower and they attacked me as soon as i went through the door. did i miiss something?

14. Livonya

How exactly did you let him go?

Did you have him in your party?

And you are talking about the Tower where if you go in the Tower with Lareth in your party he will leave your party and attack you, correct?

When you entered the room no one talked to you before the combat?

Please give me more details. As much as possible.

Also, if possible before you enter the Tower please open the console and type the following lines and let me know what numbers you get returned:

game.global_flags[834]
    game.global_flags[37]
    game.global_flags[835]
    game.global_flags[833]
    game.global_flags[839]
    game.global_flags[840]

That would help a lot... it works fine for me so knowing the values of those lines will help me to understand where you are at in the game...

- Livonya

15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well when he stops the fight and begs for his life i agreed to let him go inexchange for his necklace and he took off, which means i didnt get the moathouse clearer rep.

yeah the tower lareth will take you to. i walk in and the leader starts shouting orders to attack and cast spells and then the combat begins. it is the same both before and after i go blindfolded to talk to the romag.

game.global_flags[834] 0
    game.global_flags[37] 0
    game.global_flags[835] 0
    game.global_flags[833] 0
    game.global_flags[839] 0
    game.global_flags[840] 0

this is after ive talked to everyone in Nulb and done all the quests there and am making my first trip to the temple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!