Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

You can bluff your way in there..? Damn I did it the hard way

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

you can also use scrolls or potions of invisability, just watch out for the duration.

3. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

THANK YOU.

Well, i can confirm that i'm bugged now. I beat up Lareth, let him go after swiping his chain, visited the backdoor of the temple and told to look for him, returned to Hommlet and was told to snoop around by the traders, asked a guard who said he was captured, asked Rufus who confirmed he had but said nothing more. Searching the entire tower from top to bottom reveals no Lareth, nor any guards who give me any trouble. At the bottom level of the tower there are NO NPC's.

Anyone know the flag that might need to be tripped so I could check it? Probably only something Liv would know.

4. Scorched_Earth

Yeah, I had some use invisibility, others sneak. Funny thing is, Meleny was hanging around with her Panda and I didn't make him invisible. I can just imagine a bunch of guards wondering why the hell a Panda was walking around the tower for no apparent reason. They didn't stop him though...

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

... they just decided to grin and bear it.

So THAT is why there is a new mob in the tower? I thought i was going bonkers when I saw that.

6. Scorched_Earth

Don't worry, it's pretty tame. Unless your a gnoll..

7. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

I started a brand new game and rushed my party through the moathouse and straight to Lareth. I did the exact same thing as last time, I let him go after bribing the necklace from him, then talked to his friends at the back entrance of the Temple. From there I talked to the traders, then to Burnes Badgers, then went downstairs in Rufus's tower. Nothing is there.

Brand new game, still having the same problem. Arrrg!

8. Scorched_Earth

Well if you did everything and installed everything the way your supposed too..then I have no idea whats up with your game. Guess your gonna have to wait for Liv.

9. Allyx

try accepting lareth into your party, then go to homlett, he will leave the group, then go to the broken tower and carry on as normal - it seems to be a problem with accepting his bribe, members of the old faith are a bit funny with you afterwards but if you donate 100gp to jaroo they're back to normal.

10. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

Actually, i reloaded and redid the fight with Lareth. This time however, instead of parleying with him and negotiating his surrender, I told him to shut up and bitch slapped the hell out of him. I sent his HP so far into the negatives i doubt there realistically would be much left of him besides a splatter mark.

... it didn't fix the bug, but i feel a whole hell of a lot better about it now. :twitch:
    :chainsaw:

11. Allyx

Y'know you can kill him, get the item's from him (useful for getting the assassin after you) resurrect him (with terjon's scroll) and then take him to homlett, to complete his quest too.

12. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Member

Can anyone tell me how to make Smigal Redhand appear when fighting her the second time? My party fought her, and then the game opened the "let her escape because I'm a prisoner here" dialouge thread, we let her go and now upon our return, I can't seem to make here visible? Invisibility Purge and Dispel Magic do not work....please help!

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Known bug dude, target her through her pic in the intiative line-up and chop her head off.

14. Tedly224

Tedly224 Member

I recently started up a game with the 1.5.1 mod for the first time and so I'll post a few of the bugs that I encountered so far in reaching Nulb. I'm not sure if they were listed in other areas, but I don't think I saw them in the thread leading up to this point.

Amii's cure - I looked pretty hard for the lotus flower and I just didn't see it. Yeah, I know, others have found it so I'm just not looking hard enough I guess. The clue that it's "in a swamp and rare" is really vague. I combed the outside of the moathouse, in a few maps with random encounters between homlett and the moathouse, and searched Nulb. A second clue would be great, but it's not really a bug or a game breaker.

Moathouse chests - for some reason when a chest is disarmed, unlocked, and opened, and then left, it will somehow lock itself up again when you return to it later. A good example of this is the chest in the spider's tower as well as the crayfish chest. I used both of those for temp storage purposes when cleaning the place out and had to unlock them both several times while doing so. Lol. It's possibly a bug but not a big one - I guess my party didn't trust anyone that might have wandered by.

Crayfish Chest - The trap difficulty on this is really, really high. My rogue with an int of 14 and dex of 20 (halfling) and a disarm trap of 7 ranks got zapped 9 times in a row. I saved and returned each time just to test it. I finally just sucked it up and took it but geeze... Are the rest of the game's traps going to be sufficiently out of reach for common rogues, especially ones made using the game's inherant 25 point buy? I didn't and got ran over by it.

Homlet - At level 5 I decided that Rufus and Gramag had to see the end of their days. I set myself up with clerical buffs and went to town on them. Around the time I hit round 4, and had summoned monsters beating them silly while Greased, the game screen winked and boom... All of my summoned monsters were gone (6 of them), the grease was cleaned up, and they were on their feet spouting text at me about it being time to escape. Hah! I felt a bit cheated here. It was like the DM said "um, all of your summoned things go away, your magic debuffs end on them, and they get up and drink potions and run away and ignore your AoO's on them..." It was cheap, so I guess I'll have to do something cheap back with the situation to win it.

Emredy Medows - Everything ran great here, including the trap with the undead priest. My only comment is that the guards for the undead priest dropped a pair of longspears each. I'm exceptionally glad that that the guards couldn't dual wield them :p

It's a great, great mod. I sincerely hope you are still working on a 2.0 version, and appreciate all of the work you tossed into it.
    :clap:

15. Belgham

Belgham Member

From 289, seems clear enough
    You can find the swamp lotus in a random encounter between Hommlet and the Moat House. The encounter takes place in a swamp; the lotus is on the ground in the NW (iirc).
    I guess this is done by Liv to trigger off some subplot later down the track, well worth letting the two escape imo.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!