Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, and its trapped, so u will indeed get that fever...

Ravenot, u can pick up a rogue cheap in the brothel (potion of penicillin anyone?), level her up easy enough, throw everything into lockipck and disable skills, then cats grace, bardic music etc to add to the attempt, shouldn't be too hard. Elsewhere in Nulb u can get masterwork rogues tools too.

2. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

I went ahead and had my bard take one level in Rogue. I was able to open Lareths book, but it says nothing about a second outpost. I'm back to square one.

3. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

Where is Lareth's book again? Did he have it on him?

4. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

It's in Lareth's dresser.

I've questioned just about everyone in town in Hommlet and searched all over there, my only lead was the two traders who said to keep it down about him, but said nothing more.

The journal just references the moathouse and the temple, i'm almost to the third level of the temple without having seen him in there, and i've seen nothing in Nulb.

:yawn:

5. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

Well I already found Lareth, but after I saved him he ran off on me and didn't show me his hideout. Is his book supposed to reveal some of this info?

6. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

I guess the book has nothing to do with finding Lareth then.

*I've* been searching for Lareth for over a week now. I gave up and have been trying to find a hint here on where to find him. Someone told me that I had to read Lareth's journal to find Lareth.

As for a hideout, I was assuming that's where I would find Lareth. I guess i'm not looking for him at a hideout now. Could somone give me a real hint here and not just run me in circles?

7. NetWraythe

NetWraythe Member

Did you let him join your party, or did you let him escape in exchange for his gold chain?

8. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

I let him escape.

When i went to the back door of the temple they told me to go find Lareth, so that's where i'm stuck.

I've gotten a few hints and rumors in Hommlet that they've captured Lareth, but i've combed the town at LEAST four or five times, every house, level, closet and well and don't see where Rufus is keeping him.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I can only offer Kent's advice right at the start of the game (if you ask for specific information) Ravenot "talk to Burne's Badgers, they know more than you think!"

10. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

Burnes Badgers don't know CRAP. :p

I've talked to the Traders, Burnes Badgers, and Rufus and Gremag. They all mention Lareth, and that Lareth's captured, but refuse to say more.

I've checked the obvious places he'd be held (the dungeons of the tower and church) but both are empty.

*shrug*

11. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

Something must be wrong then, do you have auto-save on map change on? According to the readme using auto-save (loading them) disables some events in the game.

"Auto save on Map change skips the first_heart_beat script. This is an essential scripting step for many functions. Many of my fixes and additions absolutely need the first_heart_beat. I have tried to work around this as much as possible, but unfortunantly the first_heart_beat is a necessity. So if you re-load from an auto save then you will miss out on some events!!!"

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Try the badgers in Burnes tower.

13. Belgham

Belgham Member

Spoiler...
    Have you check underneath Burne's tower

Oops you did say you have already...

14. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

Yes, i have autosave disabled. First thing i did when i installed Liv's mod.

I've checked underneath Burne's tower about six times. It's completely empty. I keep assuming that i have to do something else to make Lareth appear somewhere, but I don't know what else to do. I've talked to everyone I can think of. Burnes Badgers, Burne, Rufus, the traders, everyone.

15. Belgham

Belgham Member

SPOILER

This is what I did to rescue Lareth.
    After letting Lareth go after beating him up badly (and took his gold chain in the process), and after Nulb, I visited the backdoor of the temple and was told to look for him. I returned to Homlett and visit the traders who mentioned he was captured by Burne (there is a bug here so you will need Allyx fix thread 271). I then proceed to Burnes' tower and went down to the dungeon and was stopped by some guards who told me they were guarding a prisoner. Using bluff from my speaker, I managed to go down and there was Lareth in the cell. So if you think you did everything right then there must be a flag bug somewhere in your game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!