Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Sorry, not because I like to argue, but the dragonhide armor works esactly like a full plate, so it will always offer a better protection than any other non-magical armor that is not a full plate and may be enchanted as well, so it will always be better than anything else that isn't a padded armor for somebody with an extraordinary dexterity and uncanny dodge (it is not nice to point everythiong on dexerity if you're gonna loose the initiative roll!!). But still, I agree with everything else. More, you're not considering that it allows to play a low-dexterity druid, is lighter than other armors, and it is just cool to walk around with a dragonhide armor :D

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It's always funny running around wearing a dragons butt! Or a trolls ribcage and skull for that matter.

3. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

No worries if someone prefers playing a low DEX Druid (though he'd have problems until that one and only suit of Dragonhide armor became available), and "Cool" is always important. :)
    Still, Gloves of Dexterity are something every Druid can craft, and Masterwork Padded Armor, Barbarian Armor, Bracers of Armor, Rings of Protection, etc are easy to get. Most Druids won't be hurt at all if they never see the Dragonhide plate. ;)

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I've got Meleny up to level 11 before with a 13 dexterity. She got demoness Zugg with a call lightning storm. No armour or shield, just bracers and ring.

5. 0rion79

I got the point, but, escluding the "cool" part of it, you can't negate that it is a very wellcomed SURPLUS. How may I say... even if it not essential, still I have to disagree with nunya when she (?) says that it is useless.
    Instead, what about all those nice mithral and adamantine things that have been added in the game?

6. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

The Dragonhide Armor was the best thing I was able to get. It's like the purple Elven Chain, but can be enchanted to be better AC. I was disappointed because I was already at the end of the game and could already make better stuff than the weapons. If I had been able to get them early in the game I would have been thrilled. But, I literally spent several hours to get that quest completed and I already had armor and weapons that were a better fit for my party. And I definitely didn't mean to disparage Liv's stuff. Her (?) mod was what made me play the game again and the promise of her 2.0 version coming out shortly, will be the only reason I play it yet again.

With a name like Excalibur I expected something like Scather or Frag but in longsword form. My expectations were a little unrealistic is all. And I haven't been able to find any Mithral or Adamantine yet. I think that's a mod I didn't have installed. Hopefully it will be in Liv's 2.0, too.

NF

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  7. 0rion79

1 - Liv's 1.5.1 has a severe bug: for some weird reason, it shows only 5 items at time, including an useless non-magical composite longbow. you have to buy 2 items to obtain the others.
    2 - are u using Drifter's hack for Constitution and my (and Allyx's) latest protos.tab? With it, Excaliur IS a longsword that does all that a real Holy Avenger do.

8. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

Ah, I did not have Drifter's or your and Allyx's mod installed. Are these going to be included in Liv's 2.0?

NF

9. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

Gah, it's been about four or five days of my trying to figure this one out on my own, and i'm finally going to give in.

Where to i find Lareth???

I get as far as talking to the two trader scumbags and he tells me to snoop around. After this, i've combed every inch of Hommlet from top to bottom and have found nothing. I've searched the church from top to bottom, I've scoured the tower from roof to basement, i've gone inside every house in town and searched upstairs, downstairs, everywhere. I've even talked to everyone in town.

I got nothin'.

Hint?

10. NetWraythe

NetWraythe Member

Read his diary . . . he mentions a second outpost . . .

11. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

*flails*

Guess i can't do this quest then. Playing the game without a rogue in the party, so i can't read the book. I shoulda just killed him when i had the chance.

That is assuming I have to read the diary to set off the trigger to find him.

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

A rogue to read it? Nah, just drag it onto the use item thingie in your inventory screen & see what happens.

But be careful using thingies...sometimes you get a fever.
    Just ask Ted...

:poke:

13. Ravenot

Ravenot Member

I've done that. Lareth's diary is locked however, and with no rogue (and an inability for my wizard to cast knock on the book) I can't pick the lock to read the diary.

14. Belgham

Belgham Member

This may not be what you want, but why dont you just take 1 level of rogue for 1 of your chars next level up to use on disable traps and pick lock.
    With plenty more traps and harder locks with Livs 1.5, some rogue level become necessary with any party.

15. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

A lock on the book, eh? I was unaware that this had been done...

Diabolical!

Won't knock work for this? I'da put Leomund's Lock on it so that it wouldn't be so easy.

Hire a rogue for long enough to do the job, then fire him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!