Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Thanks for the explanations and clarifications Livonya.

Just a thought about Feldrin.

If you choose to deal with him, your last line to him before he vanishes is "Now, begone and take your troops with you."

The troops don't vanish, and if they did it would seem to be a very cheap way to clear that area. Perhaps the dialogue needs changing unless you have other plans for the encounter.

2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hey Liv about Corl. shortly after i chased him off Jay's field when i went to talk to his dad he told me Corl was dead, had been stabed with a poison knife, but thats all he is telling me. game time its been just over 3 months and thats all i get from him. wasnt there suppose to be an ending to that now?

3. Ikarius

Ikarius Member

I have also talked to corl and his father, both night-time and day-time, but I get no further conversation options than there used to be....

--Ikarius

4. Libri

Libri Member

Lotus quest is incredibly hard, have yet to find. Agree that maybe Mother Screng could have a clue for the clueless like me. Particulary as there seems to be a timer associated. Or maybe it could be one of Mona's crystal ball choices?

On the Lareth quest thingy. I got the Lareth friend reputaton by letting him into my good party since I wanted to see the changes. Found him in his "hiding place" and killed him. Reputation changed to Moathouse Cleaner. Seems odd given where I found him, is this intentional? Also, no repercussions for this assassination from those nearby, again seems odd. Thought maybe the passage of time would expose my treachery, but so far no go.

5. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

lamia figurine

*Is* there a lamia figurine somewhere? I read that it was in (damnit, that place where you go for Grud Squinteye) Run, but I've never seen it there in the original or Livonya's mod.

6. Libri

Libri Member

Go to the Atari TOEE forum. Do a search for lamia figurine. The thread titled "*spoilter [sic] and question: Figurines of wondrous power" gives a good description on how to find it. This thread is what helped me find it the first time.

7. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Did you instal my quick fix for witches already?

- Livonya

8. Livonya

What clue would she give? It is in a swamp. And it is in a swamp. That is all the clues you need. There is no more to tell. It is in a swamp. This isn't some sort of riddle. It simply is in a swamp. When you find, if you find it, then you will understand. If you don't find it then you don't find it. This quest is not a sure thing.

That was how I intended it. When Lareth dies you get the Moathouse Cleaner reputation. This was as intended by Troika. He would have been killed sooner or later, so all you did was speed up the process.

- Livonya

9. Livonya

This means that you did one of the following:

1) Didn't install the Black Jay quick fix correctly

2) Didn't install the Black Jay quick fix at all

3) Installed the Black Jay quick fix after you had already confronted Corl in the field

- Livonya

10. Yarazin

Yarazin Member

Liv,
    About the relative, is this the hard to find merchant you added?
    Thanks,
    Yarazin

11. Livonya

No, there is another merchant.

I have put some stuff in the game that very few people will ever find... well, people that have never played before will/might find these things... the merchant is one of those.

The thing is that once you have played the game you know what to expect. What the best choices are. When to go here, when to go there. Once you play the game you no longer have the same sense of curiosity and exploration.

I have added some things that basically will only be there for those people that don't know what the best things to do are... the other merchant is one of those sorts of situations.

This is the exact reason why people can't find the Swamp Lotus. I guarantee if they were playing the game for the very first time they would find it, but what is preventing them from locating it is their knowledge of how the world of TOEE works.

Anyway, the merchant that I would say is hard to find requires a whole chain of events to get/find. The starting point for this never happens for most people because they know how things work and only make the choices that they think have the most benefit to them. Thus they never find some of this new content.

- Livonya

12. Libri

Libri Member

OK, fair enuff. Guess it's back to traipsing through the swamps and investigating Nulb for the umpteenth time for me. Gotta get those rubber galoshes +3 first though..

Re: Miising Merchant
    ....OMG, is the swamp lotus quest really as simple as I now think it might be? Can't wait to go home to check this out.

OK, I can see that point of view. I guess my lawful tendencies are showing. Kinda the difference between a vigilante slaying and an enforcement of a death penalty verdict. One's a criminal act and the other is not (although the morality of the 2nd is debatable depending on personal philosophy). I never killed the traders with a good party, as I assumed (even though the game makes no nevermind) that Burne and Rufus would not look kindly on vigilantes dispensing summary justice in their town.

13. Livonya

I will give you one more hint:

This isn't a FedEx style quest. This is not the sort of quest where Jaroo says, "Go get this package" and you go to point A and grab package and then return it to him. Quest over. It will never be that simple.

Just keep your eyes open and when you find yourself in a swamp area be sure to look around.

That is it. Don't try so hard.

Jaroo would tell you to practice balance and patience. Let the lotus find you.

- Livonya

14. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Just some thoughts on the Blacksmith's chest quest.

Unidentified drums read as 'magic frum'.

Is there any pay off for roleplaying the 'you've cheated me' or 'not so fast' lines? It seems that only by following the 'good' path that you get the items.

The blacksmith says the chest only contains "an old book and a few coins". I'm a little confused what he means by this.

Should the smith be a little better equipped then he is at present?

If I could heap any more praise on Livonya and the other modders, they'd blush ;)

edit: forgot to mention, the darkwood shield looks gorgeous.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  15. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

Speaking of Darkwood... I'm so loving the DarkWood buckler. My Greataxe wielding Half-Orc Barbarian/Druid is so joyous for the 4 extra AC this thing provides (after some nugetty crafting goodness, that is).

It's amazing how far this game has come at that hands of modders. If the game had been released from Atari as good as it is now... well, maybe it wouldn't be in bargain bins and maybe Troika would still be around.

Such a shame... they were so close.

At any rate... Liv, based on your response about the swamp lotus, it sounds like my assumptions were correct... if I find it I find it. If not, maybe I'll try an evil party next and see how things go. Just for fun I think I'd like to play in a party with Oohlgrist and Scorpp.

As far as talking to Corl (I'm sorry that I'm being too lazy to quote the responses I'm referring to), after he ran off I never saw him again. I guess I'll have to do some poking around in Homlett for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!