Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardbarian

Bardbarian Member

That's exactly the problem, I can click on the scroll icon to access the map screen, but the world map is not accessible. Go inside a house or dungeon and attempt to see the world map. It won't let you, and it seems that this particular map is the same way.

I like the consequences for actions thing here, it's just a impossible for me to proceed.

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

This doesn't happen to me. It always works fine for me. I simply go to the world map and leave.

I think I know what happend though. You went to the world map, as if to leave, but then canceled the world map the first time.

Once you have done that then you can't get the world map back.

I can replicate your problem, but only if I go to the world map and then cancel it.

I will have to put a fail safe.

You can play through this part it if you just re-load the last save and when you get to this map do NOT cancel the world map once you go to leave.

- Livonya

3. Livonya

To get off that map open the console and type

game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,5001,475,475)

and that will take you to Hommlet.

I will get it fixed. Sorry about that.

- Livonya

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Did you tweak the assassin some more, Liv? Because in 10 times fighting him he always spawns directly next to my sorcerer and either goes first in the round or immediately after my rogue and kills my sorcerer in one, sometimes two hits. I have tried various changes to my party formation, but they always appear bunched up with the assassin right in the middle. There is absolutely nothing I can do to prevent my sorcerer from being killed. It's a little frustrating.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

FireTemple commanders chest.

Okay, I give. Wonnilon picks the lock. #1fighter tries to open, boom. Explosion almost kills everyone, game locks up. Nobody can move and select all doesn't work. Knock doesn't work, Dispel Magic doesn't work. Disable device does't work. Just how in the hell does it open. Something ain't right here.

6. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

I found a dialogue oops...

Got the mission to kill the water priest from the earth priest. Went to the water temple, walked in, and combat started...But the priest opened dialogue. I accepted from him the 'Recruit Oolgherst' (troll king) quest, closed dialogue, and we went right into combat. Somthin' screwy about that....

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well Liv in the new game ive started things seem to be going ok. the revenge senerio went of without a hitch, the assassin ran away from me this time never had that happen before lol. im looking for lareth again but no one wants to talk about him. he is about as elusive as your swamp lotus which im still looking for. so far on corl the teamster son the only difference ive seen is that he is now dead and thats all his father keeps telling me. ive talked to everyone in town again but no one talks about it. well onto the temple now to see if lareth or the lotus is there, last place to look fore either lol.

oh also the porky's quest worked fine. i also liked the little change you put in jenalda, gives the party another relationship. did you add betram to the tavern? i only remember seeing him outside before. seems like the same conversation in either place just curious.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  8. Livonya

No, no change.

- Livonya

9. Livonya

When looking for Lareth I suggest you go to those areas where he is most hated...

- Livonya

10. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ive already been back to hommlet and talked to everyone and gone through all the buildings no sign of him. did the same thing in nulb no one talkin about him and no sign of him. ive also looked back in the moathouse. ive looked for him while ive taken apart every spot i have on the map. no lareth no lotus. im sure they are there but i give up im out of ideas and places to look.

11. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I'm having no luck with the Lotus either. Have searched every map I can think of (literally, as in using the search command. Found a trap in Mother Screng's shop, but couldn't find where the trap was actually located.) as well as talking to everyone I can think of. I even went to those maps at night thinking Jaroo's "many moons" might be a weird clue.

As a side note, might be a cool idea to give Mother Screng a dialogue option about the lotus, since she is an herb seller, the PCs would probably ask her about it, even if she doesn't actually know anything. (If you felt really generous she could even drop a hint as to how to find it.)

Speaking of dialogue, during the revenge plot line, Preston mentions the people looking for you went to the Snake Pit and the Brothel. However, the Snake Pit is the name of the brothel.

12. Yarazin

Yarazin Member

Liv,
    Great placement on the Lotus. Yes, totally unexpected. I was wondering how long until the relative responds. I must be waiting 20+ game days now and I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be this long.
    Thanks for everything,
    Yarazin

13. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

How do you change stats in the console? I thought the only workable way to edit stats (and have the game work) was to hex-edit them before you start a game with that character. Console editing would make my life much easier!

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok this is how i do it

obj=game.party[x]
    x being the number of the party member you want to work on starting at the left with 0

obj.stat_base_set(stat_y, value)
    y is the name of the stat you want to change and value the number you want to change it to

15. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

Thanx, lord_graywolfe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!