[Spoilers!] What's a full list of actions in Co8 New Content with T+ that causes a Paladin to fall?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Nov 24, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Killing prisoners can also cause a Paladin to fall

The drinking challange would be more for a Dwarven follower of Hanseath the cn dwarven god (Races of stone)

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

In what circumstances can you kill prisoners in TOEE? Not disputing it's possible, just can't think of an example. The only two fights that I can think of that you can dialog and walk away from are the Moathouse gnolls and the bandit leader in the Ice Node (and I think he is pretty much set on suicide-by-adventuring-party).

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Why doesn't someone (perhaps even OP?) compile the list? At least for the reputations? There used to be one, but since Spellslinger (and now possibly Sitra) made changes, it would be good to have an up to date one.

To make the list, either:

a) start a party with an unfallen Paladin, save, and console the reputations one at a time, see what causes falling. Reload and repeat through the first 25 or so reputations (representing the original ones, unless Sitra / Darkstorm expanded it and added more).

b) Find the dll address of the reps - 5481A - and see which are 00 and which are 01.

4. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Just chiming in to say I haven't made any changes to reputations. Also the table starts at 54808.
    The reps that cause fallen are:
    1,4, 6-8, 10-13, 18-21

6. Shiningted

Well sure, now it does... (this is what happens when you trust information from random seven year old threads).

Well, since you've done that, I will do the other:

- if you tell Burne you know who is sabotaging the castle, but refuse to give up the name
    - ditto for Rufus
    - extorting gold from Gremag to keep his secrets
    - ditto for Rannos
    - consorting with Mary (baaaa!)
    - intimidating Lodriss into carnality
    - taking up Lodriss on freely offered shenanigans (Paladinate celibacy ftw)
    - agreeing to assasinate Lodriss for Skole
    - attacking Ikian and co (choosing the 'attack' option in dialogue)
    - beggering the miller's servant (Erliter, I think?)

Or if you commit the following killings (over and above the Butcher of Hommlet rep that covers many innocents)
    - Verbobonc mage
    - Verbobonc guard
    - Gnome guard
    - Canon Thaddeus ("Canon, you're fired!")
    - the Overseer
    - Prince Zook
    - Canon Ramses
    - Jenna
    - Lady Asherah
    - Pelor Cleric
    - Jewel Merchant
    - Capt Absalom
    - the Viscount
    - Elysia
    - the Proprietor
    - Boroquin
    - Rakham

anatoliy likes this.
  7. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Basic rule for a Paladin If it's hostile, kill it, if not, then do not;)

8. Krysania

Krysania Member

How about a Crusades-style Paladin. L/G, but C/E versus what he/she perceives as evil?
    "Yup, just wiped out that orc tribe. Women. Children. The whole tribe. Don't want them popping up again."

Isewein likes this.
  9. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Is that the Anti-Paladin?

Anti-Paladin (3.5e Class) - D&D Wiki (dandwiki.com)

10. Krysania

Krysania Member

Nah. AP is C/E vs EVERYTHING.

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I don't think the inhabitants of Constantinople at the time of its sacking would have thought crusader knights were LG either.

Isewein likes this.
  12. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Is it WAD that having a Paladin in the party makes it impossible to accept Lareth's surrender? I understand he wouldn't accept taking him into the party even if it is expedient to a greater good, but it doesn't seem very Paladin-like either to slaughter an enemy begging for surrender...

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Lareth is a Chaotic Evil agent of the Temple of Elemental Evil - who historically performed atrocities in the region to the extent that Prince Thrommel, a high level Paladin led a mighty army against the Temple's army at Emridy Meadows. With the aid of the Circle of Eight - a legendary group comprised of the most powerful Wizards in the world, managed to defeat them and seal up the Temple so no Evil could escape from within it.

Lareth was found to be actively working towards restoring the Temple to it's former glory, a crime I'm sure any Paladin would struggle to allow to go unanswered for. Since Paladins themselves would fall from grace for dishing out unjust punishment, the very fact they haven't fallen is proof enough that the punishment was rightfully deserved... though an option to knock him out and haul his ass to jail instead might be a nice twist.

14. DarkStar70

DarkStar70 Member

I found another fallen Paladin scenario that doesn't make sense. In temple + using the provided Paladin Alhandra. What happens after I completed the Grud's Fish Story side quest I go into fallen paladin status. (makes no sense) But when I do something drastic like having my paladin kill Mother Scragg in Nulb, this Paladin does not go into fallen paladin status. (which also makes no sense) I did kill someone in the Inn at Homlet where in the discussion text Alhandra mentioned the character was evil, which may have activated the fallen paladin subroutine in the code. What I noticed prior to downloading the Temple plus version was Alhandra DID NOT go into fallen paladin status after fulfilling Grud's side quest, so they maybe something fishy with the code in the Temple plus version 1.0.8.4

It would help if the paladin's detect evil ability actually detects something. It hasn't yet

15. Shiningted

Well, all it does is give you rep 25, which Sitra did not idenfity above as a makes-you-fall rep, so perhaps this is somehow a Temple+ thing. Certainly I can't see anything else in Grud's dlg or py files that would cause it.
    This is a known broken thing, we reworked it in KotB by adding a Holy Symbol to perform a (working) Detect Evil effect. Not sure if anything was done with ToEE. Apparently not!

Our Host!