[SPOILERS] Co8 v7 Beta Testing Thread [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. RyanZA

RyanZA Member

Hey Gaear

Since people are restarting, and by the sound of it you need as much testing as you can get, I volunteer to help test as well. Are you still interested in more testers?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Thanks, not sure how I missed that. ;)

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Ranth, do you have any pre-Verbo saves you could go back to? What I'm kind of hoping is that everybody could be on about the same page as follows:

• ~ level 10
    • have completed all NC up to and including Moathouse Respawn
    • are in the Temple, preferably at story state 5 (know about factions, about 3rd level generally)
    And if you all get to that point and are not level 10, let me know.

@JU, thanks for restarting. I don't want this thread to turn into a debate thread about playstyles, because our one and only function here is beta-testing, and in that context you pretty much have to do as I say in order for the testing to be helpful. Sorry, that's just the way it is. Rest assured that you can play the game any old way you want after the full release comes out.

@RyanZA, thanks for the offer but I think we're alright at the moment. I'll keep you in mind though.

So to update everyone on current requests:

• Please STOP when you get to level 10 and say so here, telling me where you're at and what level you're at.
    • DO NOT go to Verbobonc yet when it becomes available.
    • DO complete all the NC up to and including Moathouse Respawn.
    • DO continue to report your progress with each level, and your level with each major miletsone, ergo -

- Level 2 -just completed Welkwood Bog and the courtyard fight with the Moathouse bandits.
      - Got to Nulb - I was level 5.

Also, please don't bury this information in the middle of large paragraphs. Just list it line-item style so I can read it easily.​
    • DO continue to report anything odd, but don't go on and on about it. I know about the Hommlet clipping issue, for example. If you see that somebody else already explained some oddity in detail, just say that you saw that too. This means you should read everybody else's posts carefully.
    • DO NOT worry too much about what you may perceive to have changed. I can tell you right now that very little was changed in the vanilla experience (generally these are behind-the-scenes bugfixes on tech stuff, nothing obvious); this endeavor is more for gathering information for my use as opposed to yours. In this fashion you are contributing to the big win. ;)
    • DO continue the follow the original directives

Carry on ...

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Attached a fix -
    This should prevent Lareth's troops from approaching sleepers while an active Grease is in their path. Thanks for reporting.

Also, I've detected a leftover from testing in Obscuring Mist.py. Removed it. (it set variable 559 to various values, for testing purposes)

Attached Files:

5. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I've been noticing a few of the enemies i KO remain standing, on their feet even if they hit -10 HP ... however they all fall when combat concludes.

Dead on their feet? anything to be worried about? I have seen Bugbears, and Brigands in the Moathouse exhibit this behavior so far...

6. sirchet

Same thing here, I didn't mention it due to them falling once battle is over and I forgot. ;)

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've seen that occasionally since vanilla.

8. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

The road so far
    - killed the Minotaur (completed/cleared HB)
    - went to AoH, gained Level 7 after the final battle
    - got M.R, gained Level 8 after killing the drow party
    - finished remaining nulb quest including imeryds run
    - went to the temple, cleared the 2nd floor. gained Level 9 after killing Romag and Co.
    - read Romag's diary, got Verb.

Then, the strange things I've seen.
    80% of the encounter in M.R. are missing? (except the Witch & co.)
    can't complete the season of witch quest.
    the dead mobs in the moathouse are still in place such as:
    bandits (courtyard), bandits w/ barbarian and lizard (1st floor), bugbears & gnolls (basement).

Now, my current party is on the 3rd floor of the temple. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  9. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Gaear,

I should be able to do that, though not until next week. Right now I am out of town.

10. Gaear

Sounds good.

FIX UPDATE - Please download and install the attached .rar archive by extracting its contents to root directory/modules/ToEE/maps.

This should fix the Moathouse issues - monsters failing to fall over after dying, monsters failing to rot away after dying, Respawn failing to fire, Respawn quest not being completed after killing dungeon witch, and the door in the courtyard thing. The thieves' tools there are now the original ones again, incidentally, not masterwork and not trapped. This will not affect your saves or make you have to restart.

Attached Files:

11. Gaear

Would all testers please weigh in with exactly where you're at right now - what level, your progress, and your actual in-game location? Tx.

I gather emo's level 9 at Temple level 3.

12. sirchet

Sorry Gaear, I've just been updating my first status post.

13. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Gaear, some info about that the moathouse bug fix. Well it isn't working, there's still the door in the courtyard and also for the dead mobs. I've tried it with a saved game (my current level save and the pre M.R. save) and I also tried restarting the game. Hired Furnok for his invisibility ring then went straight to the moathouse, scouted the courtyard and saw the door.
    Do I have to attach a save file for you to see? Though I'm still going to reinstall the game and see if it works.

About my progress, 3rd level? Sorry my mistake, what I actually mean is the 3rd floor (dungeon level 2). IIRC my current XP is 43k+. I assume that my party will be Level 10 after killing the remaining bugbears on the upper side, Belsornig & Co.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  14. Gaear

Are you sure you installed it to the right place, emo? It's definitely working on my end. You should have overwritten a bunch of files. The door won't go away on a save where you've already seen it, but it shouldn't be there on a new go.

@sirchet, thanks.

15. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I am about to tackle Lareth for the second time, i just have some unfinished business with the bugbears and gnolls he employs :yes: they are going DOWN... the restart has caused me to fall behind obviously, and i have had little playtime the past 3 days because of work, etc. sorry guys.

recap so far:
    LVL 1 start CN vignette
    -i uh, "mugged" Furnok while he was briefly in my party for his magical gear (my CE dwarf rogue DID NOT like that he cheated at cards) ... i reincarnated him though with Jaroo and he did not seem to mind the "lesson". Felt i needed the ring of invisibility.
    -added Spugnior
    -started Welkwood Bog
    -defeated the frogs and bandits in the courtyard, ring for Black Jay, took quest from Terjon
    -resumed Welkwood Bog, hit LVL 2 after fight with goblins (several restarts as per Gaear's instructions when a few goblins landed lucky crits that killed my characters.)
    LVL 2 finish Welkwood Bog
    -had a random encounter on the way back with ghouls
    -Deklo Grove, Emridy Meadows (Rainbow Rock), Clearing out the Moathouse...
    -Drinking game in the Welcome Wench
    LVL 3 Finish Moathouse
    -Slew the Giant (and his Bear) of Emridy Meadows, turned in quest to Brother Smyth
    *** @Gaear, the record in the logbook says the Giant combat earns the party 10500 EXP, but i only received 643 EXP per character in the info panel. is that from the reduction in CR ratings? seems low, especially for fighting such a tough opponent at party LVL 3 ***
    -Wiped out Bugbears & Gnolls, that last fight putting my party at 4th level
    LVL 4 Destroyed Lareth
    -Big 3 fight
    -Unlocked Nulb
    -Turned in quests for clearing the Moathouse, then while entering the Welcome Wench experienced a CTD. Arrrggh.
    LVL 5 Exploring Nulb and Environs
    -Explored Nulb and bought equipment at Ah Fongs shop of Wonders
    -Explored a portion of 1st level of Temple of Elemental Evil
    -triggered Assassin, challenged Rannos and Gremag, defeated Gremag, allowed Rannos to run off...
    *** Had no issues triggering dialogue options this time, so i must have done something odd last playthrough without realizing it??? was able to challenge courier, Rannos, Jayfie, etc.***

seems since my druid got his survival ranks up past 10, i can easily decline Random Encounters, so there has just been that one i was not able to run from.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
Our Host!