[SPOILERS] Co8 v7 Beta Testing Thread [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The latest:

http://files.co8.org/patch/V7_BETA_FIXES_12_14_2011.rar

• Fixes the old wanderer's dialog failure.
    • Actually makes the castle panel invulnerable (I gave you the wromg files last time).
    • Makes the castle portals limited to known destinations. (That was actually easy - one of those brain freeze things before I guess.)
    I tested Fireforge and he appeared fine for me. He can show up at the castle (outside near an outbuilding) if you own it, or at the Archer's Eye if you don't. If he's at the castle he'll only be out there by day. If he's at the AE he'll be there 24 hours (because that's just how they roll in Greyhawk when it comes to business :p). If you're looking for him outside the castle at night, he won't show up just by passing time. You have to have a map change, so go in the castle or somehwere, wait til day, and then check.

2. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

The last time I checked, he stayed inside the WWI day & night. Hmm, going to test this more and see what's going on.
    BTW: Just sharing my happiness, I passed my first test in Accounting (97/100). :joy:

3. Gaear

Ultra latest:

http://files.co8.org/patch/V7_BETA_FIXES_12_15_2011.rar

• Makes Verbo castle portals invulnerable.
    • Adds exit option to portals so you can assign them later, per the emo request.
    • Fixes dialog problems with Mickey talking about being at brewhouse when he's in bar, etc. Also fixes him appearing in bar early. (He's not supposed to show up there until after the Nulb affair. This got bugged as a result of WotGS scripting.)

I tested Battlehammer rising after death and couldn't replicate.

I also tested the whole Darlia/castle routine and it worked fine. My rogue with adequate bluff could access Darlia without owning the castle, and owning the castle did not magically enable my rogue without adequate bluff to get access to Darlia.

I think I'm caught up on everything in this thread now.

Congrats on the exam, emo. :)

4. emo_ome

Thanks, I think I'll be spending Christmas early with a big SMILE (with my high grades & the release of v7 on Dec 20. What else should I wish for?). :biggergri

Okay, I now found the cape less Fireforge near the Anvil. Thanks for the guide (Helps me a lot). The fix works for the Old Wanderer & the Portals, but yet again the panel still dies. I guess we should let that be (Who wants to kill the panel anyway? I am! Hehehe.) (screen0011)

-In the CotL, can't rest (no green tent) on the Lower Dormitories.
    -Map clipping issues in Hommlet's Quarry. (screen0012)
    -Some typo in Asherah's line. "Hm, I seem to... You are a liar, but lairs can be intriguing, and I always...". Did Edwin P. somehow hypnotize you with his Red Dragon Liar (Lair). :p
    -Also, what happen if I didn't choose the gold nor her when she's rewarding me? Because after I choose #4, she'll say "You've done it!...", it looks like a loop.
    -*I think Ariakas's crazy. I'm already the savior of Hommlet, but he insists that I abandoned the town. (All I want is to greet him, that's all) :cry: (screen0015)

Edit: Downloaded the latest fix, going to try soon. Gaear, we're still testing this until the 19th right?

Two questions, how about the fix for the rewards encounter (Thrommel & Tilahi) and the ghosts (about them, did you somehow disabled them? cause I'm not seeing them in the castle lately)? I loaded my earlier saves and I'm not getting them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  5. emo_ome

About the Portal Fix:
    Attacking them causes (freeze then) CTD. Also, do the "Exit" comes first before the locations?

6. Gaear

I guess I'm not terribly worried about that, as it's working on my end. (You may need to try from a save where you haven't been to that map yet.)

I think the issues you're having with the ghosts are a result of the non-functioning Moathouse doors way back when, as strange as it sounds. Using those doors sets variables that indicate the fate of Turuko and Co., and if they don't get set (such as if the doors don't work), the game doesn't think those guys are dead, and if the game doesn't think they're dead, no ghosts.

Don't worry about the rewards for now.

Latest fixes:

http://files.co8.org/patch/V7_BETA_FIXES_12_15b_2011.rar

• Fixes dormitories resting.
    • Fixes quarry clipping.
    • Should fix Asherah dialog.
    • Should fix Ariakas' confusion.
    More like the 17th ... 18th at the latest if we really need to.

Can you try the portals and the panel from a save where you haven't been to those maps yet? There really should be no issues with them - they're just like the signposts now.

Exit comes first, yes ... it works best that way with the back and forth arrows and whatnot.

7. emo_ome

Will do, why I didn't think of that? :scratchhe

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Just wanted to pop in and give a big thanks to emo_ome for stepping up and filling the gap.

Great job guys!

9. emo_ome

Thanks sirchet.

Gaear, you're right, all the fixes regarding for the panel and portals works. The latest fix works too. So.. I guess this is it huh? The v7 is ready for its release. Or are there any more testings to be done?

10. Gaear

Pretty much. (Although I should still look at that Verbo reputation arrest attorney thing.)

THANKS EMO!! :hug::clap::thumbsup:

11. emo_ome

You’re welcome Gaear, and thank you for letting me to beta test it. I’m happy to be a part of the group. I also want to thank my fellow beta testers (Ranth, J.U & sirchet) for all the great info they've contributed, it helped me a lot. Co8’s the best.

Edit: Gaear, I can look at the attorney thing if you want to, just post the fix and I'll report right away.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  12. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

The freezing occured for me and I had never used to world map. It began once I cleared the town defense (elder's place), Grove, Inn then finally the Church. As I made my way to the eastern road group, it began. Initially, entering combat went ok, landed a fireball, but then another locked the game up. The caster had what appeared to be a white orb about the head, the first animated fireball frame I guess. Reloading gave the same result so I switched the caster to the Frozen Longbow and this too froze the game, this time with the first animated frozen arrow orb appearing over on the head of the archer. So, I stopped using the bow or spells on that group.

Then, when to the last large group attacking the tower, again just using melee. After this, anytime I approached the last two groups (south and southwest) I could not move the party within approx 100 yards. It would let me click an area, the blue move destination dots would appear but the group would stop moving after a step or two or not move al all. Got around this by casting summon monster next to the target group to initiate combat and finish off with melee. Had the same movement issue outside the inn afterwards with all the bodies and even when the bodies left leaving just lootable gear. Going back into the inn though seemed to fix that.

Lastly, Kind Battlehammer stood up after I looted him, but then was summarily put back down once he initiated combat.

13. biobaba

biobaba Member

Also encountered the "movement lag" during Hommlet invasion.
    In my case the dead Hextors stood up (they just stood there , doing nothing). As this occurs in the game I am having the movement lag where I could click on where to go but my characters would stop after a bit.

Battlemaster stood up for me after he had died, and Fireforge would not come along to my Castle even after many days upon his agreement.

Our Host!