[SPOILERS] Co8 v7 Beta Testing Thread [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks, emo.

PHASE 2 INSTRUCTIONS (continued)

STEP 4: FOLLOWUP QUESTS

ALL: Continue normal play (go to Hommlet/Temple/wherever as if you were proceeding with your normal business). You will get your respective SB and Hextor encounters, as well as, most likely, the Robin random encounter from WotGS. In so doing, you will complete the Narcing, Snitching, or Whistleblowing SB quests. You'll also complete the Ratting Hextor quest. (emo has already done these.) Like emo, please let me know how they all played out.

MORE NOTES | Basically, the various SB narc quests/attacks vary in difficulty depending on when you committed your offense. If you turn them in after getting the Robbery quest (J'ALLAN) it's easiest. If you turn them in after getting the Framework quest (EMO), it's middling. If you turn them in after getting the Wilfrick quest (SIRCHET), it's hardest. However, the three are not terribly different, ultimately.

You can get these three encounters on the forest, river, or swamp maps. (Not scrub - that map really needs to be enlarged to be effective for some of this stuff.) That's random. Depending on which map you get, the encounter will be different - different monsters, different numbers/combinations of monsters, different bosses. The bosses are all 'tyrants' (beholder-kin creatures like in the Water Node), but they specialize in different spells/tactics based on the map.

The Hextor/Gremlich quest/encounter is the same for everybody.

STEP 5: THE RABBIT HOLE

ALL: After completing the Drow quest for Prince Zook, the gnome guards walking around the Gnome Quarter will alert you some time later that Zook wants to see you again. Go see him and accept the 'Rabbit Hole' quest. You have to have purchased the castle for this to happen. Work on/complete the quest and let me know how it played out and what you think. (@emo, since you've already done this, you can tell me all about it now if you like.)

~

Next phase: WotGS. :joy:

2. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

[Spoiler Start]

The Rabbit Hole

At first, finding it is a little bit hard on me you know, I've search (literally I've used the "Search" function) the whole CotL , I even tried looking it in all the chests and still I didn't find it. But after a while, I realized that I need a high skill on spot or search to find it (I don't know which one of this helped me). Then I immediately went to the Bazaar and bought the "Robe of Eyes", then I went straight to the CotL. In the basement I've finally found the "Panel" that leads me dowwwnnn.

BTW: The panel can also be killed. :p

Uncle Orrengaard III

After I activated the panel, I went down and found a very loooooong passageway leading to a strange nature looking place (I haven't played CG or CN, but I know it's from their vignette). Inside of that place I found UO III, talked to him then he offered me information (some stats,deity, etc of all the people that I've talked to;how to defeat this and that).

Absolutely Brilliant! I mean this will totally help the new & old players on the new stuffs, I think there's no need to go here in the forum anymore and ask "Where can I find the Slavers?, How can I defeat the Gremlich? What is Elmo's stats? ...etc", because he'll answer it all for a pretty nice price. UO III is like your avatar (Gaear) inside the game, telling us on the what & how to 's. ;)

Some update on the new things I've seen.

Sport RE's

-Lacedon vs. Zombies
    -Orc Rundors vs. Bugbears
    *But I still prefer the Giants vs. Ettins :)

Gremlich

-Seen his Ghost form at Hommlet East (outside the Guard Tower.)

[Spoiler End]

So, can I continue finishing the whole Temple now before we proceed to the WotGS?

Feedback on the latest fix:
    -I can now get the scrap paper from Mona.

*SB Two Weapon Problem:
    -They'll only take my 1st PC's (non dual wielder) primary weapon, stored it in the chest and nothing else. (armors & weapons are still in my party's possession.)
    -I switched my dual wielder (rogue) as my 1st PC. Now they took her armor, primary and secondary weapons but only from her and a weapon (light crossbow) from my wizard then stored it in the chests. (see screenshot below)
    -I've tried switching the other PC's as my 1st but still no luck.
    -Sometimes they wouldn't even take anything.
    -Since they would only take my 1st PC's primary, I've tried removing it before traveling the world map then after that the "Strip Them" guys fought me.
    -Sometimes the fade-to-black after the "Strip Them" lasts for 20min+ before the next scene.
    (These are the strange things I've seen. As for the mobs in all maps (forest, swamp & river), they still work properly.)

Edit: Nice to see you back J'U... :wave:

Edit (11.20.11): DL'ed the fix below, I'll install it soon.

Edit (11.22.11): The latest rewind fix (SB stripping) works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  3. Gaear

If you like. Just keep a few good saves you can go back to.

Thanks for the other info. I thought there was some problem with secondary weapons (script fails after encountering a null or sthg) ... guess we'll have to let you keep those. That's okay, keeps things variable.

4. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Sorry for ... uh dropping of the radar for a while there. We have had some interesting "complications" at work - can't really go into the details, but our primary customer just BOUGHT our company!!!! needless to say i was surprised.. our company merges on Jan 1 of the new year. Uh, so i have been to say the least distracted the past several days... :confused: dealing with all of that and wondering if i still had a job. :twitch:

have not really had time or inclination for gaming with all of that going on ... was putting in some OT to make a good impression...

OK, so after alot of the questions have died down, and work was caught up on ... i was able to get some time off approved. Will be playing TOEE this weekend, and reporting in on progress. Last i was in the Temple, wiping out Floor 3. I also kept rebooting and attempting saving Thrommel, as emerging and resting for 2 weeks did not seem to trigger the payday visit from his supporters ... Any ideas about getting that to trigger reliably?

i should be catching up with the rest of the group soon. Now that things seem to be returning to more "normal", i could DEFINITELY go for bashing in some EVIL lol :evilgrin:

Reading emo_Ome's adventures, it sounds like there is some really great stuff up ahead.

5. Gaear

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Sorry folks if I haven't been very active, but rl has handed me a few twists and they have sucked the gaming right out of me.

7. Gaear

Also np, we'll consider you on-leave until further notice.

emo and JU, it's all up to you two now. ;)

8. chano

chano Established Member

Gaear, if you really need more feedback i guess i can help out.

9. Gaear

Thanks for the offer, chano. I'm tempted to take you up on it, being as we've halved our testing force now, but I suspect that it's not in your best interest despite your generous offer. The impression I get is that you want to play and enjoy the game, not bet-test it (which is completely understandable), so joining the testing group would probably ruin the experience for you. Plus, regardless, I think we can make do with emo and JU anyway, and you'd have a lot of catching up to do.

10. chano

chano Established Member

You are right Gaear that i would rather wait, but i also feel that you guys need all the help you can get.
    But i will wait and help with the bugfixing once it is released.

11. emo_ome

Some additional info.

*I've mentioned this before but not in detail. So I guess this will help, you know the removing or totally w/o armor/weapon before the encounter, the script will stop (they wouldn't take their stuffs) on the PC's and for the PC's next to him/her.

When I remove my 2nd PC's armor/weapon then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th PC's stuffs will remain. (when it's the 3rd then 3rd, 4th & 5th PC's stuffs will remain.)

Now I wonder. What happens if there's a monk/any character in a party w/o a weapon before that encounter? Will the script stop and wouldn't take that character stuffs & others?

This no biggie but the SB introductory lines are a little bit out of bounds.
    (see screenshot below).

Gaear if you haven't seen my post above, the latest rewind fix works. Also can we still make it before the deadline? (it's like 20+ days left) I know that you still need at least a day or two to summarize the fixes before releasing it to the public.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  12. Gaear

Hm, where did we leave off?

It looks like it's prett much just you now emo so assuming you've done all the other listed stuff like I think you have, just go to Hommlet, talk to Brother Smyth, and launch the whole WotGS chapter. Don't stop for anything, just go-go-go, and let me know how it all goes. :)

13. emo_ome

Uhmm Gaear, when I ask for something new to Brother Smyth nothing happens. Well I've already tried WotGS in the past weeks (sorry :shy:) and it seems to work but now I'm not getting it, maybe it has something to do w/ the bug-fix I've installed related to the WotGS?

Here's what I've seen in the WotGS (last three/four weeks w/o the bug-fix)

I used my "play for fun" party, the one who finished the ToEE, IIRC I started WotGS with my party's level between 14 or 15?

I chose to defend Hommlet and waited for a week or days (I really can't remember) for the old wanderer to show up, then some chit chat interrogation w/ Ariakas. From there the old guy is gone, then in a small cinematic scene, Ariakas told me some major details on how to defend the town (nice video BTW).

After that, I exited the town elders house and had some chit chat with the Hextor General/Leader, I declined his offer even though my party leader is a follower of Hextor. From there, the fight starts (the fight is between Middling and Hard, that's because they've got some of those demon looking lizards that are tough, those sneaky assassins, that powerful old wanderer and also their mighty general/leader)

I immediately kill all their magic users (general, old wanderer & spell-casters). Then after that all was easy, I killed all the demon looking lizards, their archers and assassins. Their loots are awesome. Anyways, after that I went to various locations such as the WWI, Guard Tower and Church of St. Cuthbert then slaughtered the invaders. I also killed all the roaming invaders in town (north, south, east ...etc).

Then, I went back to Ariakas and told him my success. He rewarded me some +4 weapons (In my play-through, I noticed that I can ask infinitely for his +4 weapons, is this part of the WotGS bug-fix?), he told me that some dwarf (Fireforge) made those +4 weapons and he also told me that I can find him in the WWI, Also he offered me to choose between the money or the "Lady" in Verbobonc, I chose the lady :yes:.

After that, I went into this Fireforge. Chit chatted w/ him and then he asked for my help to deal w/ some dwarf's pestering the Hommlet's Quarry. I accepted his offer and went to the Quarry. Then I killed the dwarf's & an drow/elf, looted them, got some Mithril Tools. Then went back to Fireforge, from there I can't seem to complete the quest, It seems that I can't give him the Mithril Tools.

Anyways, I went to Verbobonc. IIRC the guard mentioned that a Lady named Asheera wants to meet me. From there I went into her estate, talked to her. Accepted her quest in dealing with Iuz. I went into the Arena, then killed all Iuz's Avatars (How? Lareth's Club w/ Greater Magic Weapon). Went back to the lady, I chose the reward where I can have her and her half a million gold. ;)

[Edit] Hmm, isn't it a little bit late for that kind of money? I mean, it's like that I'm almost at the end game already. Where could I spend those huge money anyway? But still its good & I'm just saying.

About the levels, I guess I will not list them here since I can't remember exactly how my progress were but I do remember that I reached level 20 in the end.

Hmm, I want to re-try it and try to know how to play as the invader in WotGS, also I want to know what happens if I don't fight Iuz's Avatars.

Also, the alarm is kinda modern? It sounded like there's some fire drill in our university. :p

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  14. Gaear

Yes it is, but it's the only one I could arrange that sounded like an alarm. (We want people to get the message, not wonder "what was that sound?" Also, it's teh magic. ;) )

Anyway, you're saying that somehow now, with your old saves, Bro Smith won't disclose WotGS like he did before? Please try again, and make sure you're playing from a save where you're at story state 6 (found out about Z-Moy.) If you get it going again, just play it a bunch of times if you don't mind. I'm mainly interested in the Hommlet part.

• Were all the subsequent battles at all hard?
    • Did you have to rest at all?
    • Any graphical glitches or slowdowns or slow loads on map change to Hommlet exterior?
    • Which loots are awesome? They basically shouldn't have any.
    You get big money from Asherah because it's the end of the game and it doesn't matter anymore.

• Nothing bad happened to Asherah?
    • Was the end fight with the avatars challenging at all? That one was really difficult for me to guage.
    You can't really be an invader unless you're a Hextorite. I guess you should try that too - you just go around killing everybody. Little challenge except for Terjon if he's alive.

15. emo_ome

Yes, last night I've tried it a lot of times before I gave up on it. I even start from my before Verb saves and then completed all your phases before heading back to Bro Smyth and yet he's still don't want to talk the new stuff.

Okay, I'll try to re-try it when I head back home. I'll be back in a day for feedback.

Between Middling & Hard.

Nope, I kinda have a bad feeling that they'll slaughter the town if I try to rest.

In a period of time yes, some instances. Jerkstops here and some lags there, then a few reloads got my game works fine. I wonder if the lags came from all those fire around town? :shrug:

What I mean is the loot from the General & The Old Wanderer. Yeah no loots from the underdogs/thugs. What makes my mouth dribble is the loot from the old guy, another Robes of Midnight.

Okay, I somehow imagined that. :roll:

Nothing I can think of.

Yeah, It's super difficult when it comes to that. All I can say is, it's really out of my league. But remember that I used the Lareth's Club w/ Greater Magical Weapon in killing him, that's why it looks like I've done it easy.

Hmm I think I can, since my fighter is a follower of Hextor. I'll be "the invader" if I accept the offer of the General, right?

What I did is more like a speed run (getting to know what lies ahead), that's why I don't know if I can be the invader, or if there's something bad going to happen to Asherah.

Our Host!