Sorry But I Have a Control Box Question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by [GSF]BANG, Aug 19, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. [GSF]BANG

[GSF]BANG Member

OK, I just spent 45 minutes searching this forum for the answer to this but came up with nothing more than other people asking the same question.

So... WTF am I supposed to do with the control box on level 4 with Livonya's Mod? Talking to it does nothing, disarming it does nothing. What am I supposed to do?

I should mention that I don't have a rogue in my party but I have a ranger with high enough disarming skills to get past every other trap. It seems a little screwy to make a mod that requires a particular party build.

Anyone know what the hell I am to do?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Search the spoilers thread. The the solution is in there.

3. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

You should not forget that it's a BETA. balance problems should indeed be expected.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

People who say, 'cast ice storm' are exploiting a vulnerability. Ignore that.

There is at least one high DC thing in one of the nodes, so knowing how to disarm/unlock/thieviate stuff above your abilities is handy. Try things that will increase your skill in that area. A 'Cats grace' spell or gloves of Dex (I assume it is a dex skill not an int skill) and a Bard singing to inspire you are 3 examples straight off the top of my head, there are probably others.

Edit: omg my user title thingy just turned purple! I am king spammer! Take that Allyx! :grin:

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I wondered what was going to happen to your chevron, I gotta get a purple one!

6. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

I disarmed the trap thruogh dialogue with my rogue (13 ranks, DEX 18).
    No Ispire Competence needed this time although that's always handy.

Maybe you should try interrogating some monsters around... ;)

7. [GSF]BANG

[GSF]BANG Member

Thanks for all the replies.

***possible spoiler alert***

A couple things. I read the the spoiler topic and unfortunately, I think I may have, though I am not certain completely emptied the level before the control box so there is nothing to talk to.

I'll try boosting abilities.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

My bad, it IS an Int thing (outsmarting a trap. Makes sense :)) O well, Fox's Cunning, Headband of Intellect, Ioun stones, Masterwork thieves tools...

Our Host!