Sorcerer spells

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kneller1, Aug 13, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

A sorcerer can only have a maxium of 5 spells per level right?
    My queston is can you change the saved spell to another, more useful one?
    I did manage to change enlarge person to mage armour once during the levelup screen but havn't been able to do the same thing again.

I don't think I actually used the enlarge person spell if that's why I could do it; but then I did try to replace knock with egael splendor, having not used knock and it not working.
    So,is there any way I can now get egael splendor spell memorised?

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Sorcerers can only change their spells when they level up. When you do, you should have the option to "Remove Spell" from your known spells, then add a replacement. Them's the breaks for choosing a sorcerer that gets more spells with less variety as compared to a wizard.

3. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

OK, apparently you cannot remove spells at level 15, but you can at 16 so it's ok. I suppect it's the feat selection at level 15 for some reasion.

My nect question, the circlet of persuation gives a charamisra compentce bonus os 3; does this affect the spells, ie saves ect, of the sorcer or is it only for diplomacy?

4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

It works for all charisma based skills. It does not affect spell DCs

Sorcerers can change one spell every two levels starting at 4th as per RAW. This spell must be two levels below or lower than the spell level that is currently possible to cast.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
Our Host!