sorcerer lvl up spell swapping bug?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Seree, Aug 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Seree

Seree Member

hey all.. its me again :O

i have a question regarding sorcs. (sorc > witz btw :p)

isnt a sorc supposed to be able to swap his "learned" spells each lvl up? at least in nwn this was the case..
    In Toee.. this still seems to be "possible" though you have to play around a bit with the spells.
    sometimes right clicking the spell you dont want is sufficient.. but sometimes you need to switch spells from other lvls.. to make some "swapable" (i needed to swap a lvl2 skill to be able to swap lvl 4 spells; the lines between all spells appeard after swapping lvl 2 spell)

and theres seems to be also potenial exploit possibilities because sometimes if you delete one of the already learned spells and add another one.. it can happen that the deleted stell is still in your spell book selectedable after you've finished the lvl up procedure.

seree

2. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Who's playing sorcerer's anyway? I think most people prefer wizards, because they get bonus faets at lvl 5 & 10, they're better at crafting and sorcerers suck at metamagic, because it's a full-round action for them, even a quickened spell.

Darley is a good sorcerer though.

As for swapping spells it's highly limited. A bard gets his first swap of a 1-st level swap at level 9-th (I usually unlearn Sleep, 'cause I got access to Deep Slumber by then). Don't know how it is beyond level 10.

3. Seree

Seree Member

who uses meta magic feats in the first place ? ;)
    and the versatility you have as sorcerer to cast all spells without explicit learning this "charge" of spell 8 hours earlier compensates this 2 bonus feats big time :O
    and that they have more spells per day as a wiz ... well it speaks for itself.

Ca&a/Cwi spoiled the game anyway :(

but well.. each to his own..

so is this a known "bug"?

seree

ps: War of the spider queen for teh win \o/ ;)

Our Host!