"Something about Meleny"

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kylan271, Mar 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Meleny, like all NPCs, is graced with the "NPCs don't suffer weapon prof. penalties" bug. Test it out - you can give any weapon to any NPC and they will not suffer a penalty to their attack, even if the weapon is one they shouldn't be able to use by class or feat.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. Shadowblade2

Shadowblade2 Established Member

Good lord! I never noticed that before! Does this mean Elmo can use the reapeater or TWF with two bastard swords?

But if the Simple weapon proficiency was removed, she'd be a normal character?

~

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Elmo cannot use two bastard swords without the exotic feat.

4. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    As Kylan pointed out earlier in this thread, the monsters definitely prefer to attack Meleny, but you can (sometimes) use that to your advantage. This evening I started (yet another) 3 PC party through the moathouse. When the group got to the barracks in front of Lareth's room, the Lieutenent fired a couple of arrows at Meleny, wounding her slightly. I pulled her back down the hall, just far enough that the Lieutenent couldn't fire at her, but she could still fire at some of the guards in the room. For the rest of the fight, he just stood there waiting for Meleny to come into view, while my fighter and cleric hacked him to pieces. I have seen monsters go after Meleny even if there are PCs with fewer Hit Points and a lower Armor Class that are closer to them. At the moment, I am trying Kylan's suggestion, and have (as she has gained levels) given Meleny 2 levels as a Monk, so she has "Deflect Arrows" and"Evasion'. At 4th Level, I increased her Dexterity, so her Crossbow is more accurate, in addition to improving her Armor Class.
    TRC

Our Host!