Some misc gameplay questions...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wanderon, Dec 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

He will make the people of Homlett hate and attack you- best that you offed him.

Also there is a console command for "equaling out" exp for just ONE character- look for Lord Plothos' response to my question on just that in another thread about getting into and out of the console...

(Just in case you want to "pretend that little death didn't happen" :)

2. wanderon

wanderon Member

Ahh...ok thanks did I miss some dialoge someplace that should have let me know who this fellow is and where he might be found or is it one of those stumble into peoples houses until you find the right one sort of quest...:icon_chuc

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Allyx posted under his Spoiler note that it was a house in the SW part of town-- guys name starts with an "R" Rendilon or something-- only there at nihgt though- cannot be found anywhere in the daytime.

4. wanderon

wanderon Member

Yes we are a pretty goody two shoes party (NG mostly) so we don't allow any riff raff in anyway...;)

I have never used a console command in any game I've played (all the IE games and NWN and a few others) - I have managed to discover a few more creative (if less effective) ways to cheat on occasion tho...:twitch:

BTW is it just me or is the encumbrance level really low for this game?? It doesn't appear to have any consequences but it seems to me my cleric and fighter/rogue can barely carry thier armor and weapons before they start whining (both have 16 str)...

5. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes, it seems low to me too, and

YES it has consequences-- if too encumbered (red icon) you will not be able to move in combat more than a tiny bit. (And may not even be able to cast I believe).

The only console command I have used is for experience. I never agreed with EXP being taken away for creating Items as a DM. (But I DO check for loss of CON and will adjust accordingly if the roll goes bad for the character --old 2E rules there)

6. wanderon

wanderon Member

I've cleared the moathouse but the quest is not showing completed in my log book. Is this perhaps becuase of the three (nuetral) dire rats I left alive in the first room or becuase I have to report back to someone? I went to the inn, and to Burne, and Jaroo, and the church but no dialoge options about it appeared.

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

No--there is a very entailed post about clearing the moathouse that was put up recently--(no the rats don't matter)--the gist is-

If you already had Nulb marked on your map before returning to talk to Terjon (as I did with my NG party)- Terjon's thread to complete the quest will never open--he has to be the one to tell you about Nulb. Many people have this particular quest uncompleted for this reason :(

And Jaroo only completes the quest (and should have only given you the quest) if your party (or at least the person talking to him) is True Nuetral

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

That used to be true, but one of the Co8 patches fixed it so he's always there. At least, I've had no trouble finding him in the daytime.

The encumberance levels are the same used in the 3.5 rules. Just keep in mind that if a character is wearing medium or heavy armor, having an equal amount of encumberance won't have any additional effect (though the characters will still grumble about it.) So if you put fullplate on a character and he gripes about being encumbered, don't worry about it, as the armor is already slowing him down as much as his gear.

However, being overloaded will affect the character no matter what armor he's wearing.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Absolutely. I am close friends with his wife and have been to that house more times than I can possibly remember, he is always there.

10. wanderon

wanderon Member

Is there any way to tell when your encumbrance gets to the point where it is restricting your movement - for instance will your movement rate on your stat screen change?

11. wanderon

wanderon Member

Do you suppose thats becuase his position has been degraded to that of a political lackey who no longer needs to actually perform any duties with the guard or perhaps he is afraid to leave his wife alone with you and has his spies inform him whenever you are in the area and then rushes home to protect her virtue...:transform

12. wanderon

wanderon Member

Indeed I did get Nulb pointed out to me before we got to Tarjon - did this bug cause me to lose exp as well or just the annoyance of messing up the log book?? I'm pretty sure I have a save from before we returned to town altho it might be the one from before we faced Lareth but it might be fun to redo that battle anyway...:icon_chuc

13. wanderon

wanderon Member

Its beginning to appear that only a highly specialized pure rogue with max dex max skills plus cats grace will be able to open all locked containers now - any comments on this???

14. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Nah, you can just come back to stuff later on. If you don't like coming back to things then, you are kind of right. Part of Livonya's mod which she did to make rogues with thieving skills more worthwhile.

15. nomad461

nomad461 Member

@wanderon - I recently completed the game with a rogue using lockpicks and never needed any buffs on him.

Our Host!