[SOLVED] having more than 5 PCs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by spOOL, Jul 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

What were your symptoms?

You do know that the PC Patcher is fully reversible, right? Not only does it make a full backup of temple.dll before it does its work, but by changing the PC count back to 5, you get a patch back to the original condition of temple.dll

I'm curious what symptoms patching the NPC count to 3 and the followers_at_max() call returning TRUE for an NPC count of 3 or greater caused?

-- d

2. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

I've hit the same problem... *sigh*

3. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Sounds like patch not installed. Because you'd get what you got with default 5-3.

Check and try again.

4. Dragonbane

Dragonbane Member

Please someone Help MEeEeEeE...!

Hi brothers...

I found this forum by accident. When I readed that i can play with 8 NPC, i turn of my playstation-2, get lost in my Pc game shelfs and installed TOEE. Last night, I sit in front of my pc untill morning to sucseed what you wrote about 8 PCs. But when I did step by step, I can add more PCs but cant control Them ? So what ? What should i do ? I changed both of 05 to 08 in hex editor. Then I downloaded a program which reads and writes PC value. I tried all of combinations but still... I cant control them. When i click on my extra PCs , they just answer " yeah ? what ? ect..." :eek:mg:

So.... i hope someone help me get out of this trouble and i can play with my favourite Dragonlance characters both 8 of them.

5. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Re: TOEE PCCount Patcher

I have the Atari patches 1 & 2, fan patch 3.04, Liv's 1.5 mod and Ted's mod installed. Will this patch affect any of these?

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No. That modifies a specific part of the .dll, you can run it as you like and it will not hurt anything.

7. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Ok, thanks for the info. Now to start another game (I still haven't got past Elmo due to various reasons) with more characters. Can't wait.

8. ddamaged

ddamaged Member

I'm using Front End 3.5 that I believe you helped create, and I've encounter the problem where the extra PC's are standing in the middle of the inn without clothes. My question is will this patch work with FE 3.5?

Thanks for any help that you could render!

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

The FE 3.5 should have the option listed already. You don't want to install this on top of it.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

what he said + after modifying the max number of PCs and starting a new game when you're at the party pool thing at the start just add however many PCs eg if you made a ratio of 6-2 (6 being max PCs 2 being max NPCs) you'd add 6 PCs at that screen, the last one(s) don't show up but they are added and will be there once you click begin adventuring

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Additionally, if you have the shopmap installed, you also get the extra cash to equip them with, which is nice.

12. ddamaged

ddamaged Member

I have still have the problem where the extra PC's are stuck, naked in the middle of the inn and won't join the rest of the party. Essentially the extra PCs are NPC, and they occupy the same place so that they look like a Cthulhu nightmare. :scratchhe How can get them to join? How can I get them to join clothed? How do I get them to not occupy the same place?

Thanks!

13. Allyx

open frontend and check your max party size, then add the extra pc's when you make your new group (before you click "start adventuring"), they wont show at the bottom, but will be controlable pc's

14. ddamaged

ddamaged Member

I've done that and when the game begins I still only have 5 PCs. After the opening battle or sequence, I go to the inn in Hommel and click on the registry book to open the party pool screen and re-add the extra pcs. When exist the party pool screen, my extra pcs are standing in the middle of inn dressed in there underwear and occupying the same space. When I click on them they give the standard NPC greeting and they won't join the rest of my party.

15. Allyx

Open ToEE front end, on the left hand side, there is a list of installed mods, select Co8 4.0.0, and try again - your playing the patch 2 version of the game. To confirm what I'm saying kill something and try to loot from it, if you have to enter combat mode to loot - your NOT playing the new Co8 4.0.0 patch.

Our Host!