[SOLVED] having more than 5 PCs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by spOOL, Jul 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hmmm maybe im doing this wrong but i tried it and it let me add another charcter at the inn and i could see the her there in the room afterward but she wasnt part of the party she had a green circle under her and i could talk with her but she never joined the party. so i wonder if i changed th wrong number.
    i found 0083C40483F805 and changed the last number to 6. so is that right or was it another number next to it that i need to change

2. Alex

Alex Member

Barflies / NPC after exiting the party pool

If you run into this situation (as I did), edit temple.dll and replace the first instance of 0083C40483F805, not the second. Replacing the second simply results in the characters being created as NPCs and standing in the same spot in the middle of the Wench.

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok following daggers advice i got it to work and added a 6th PC and her pic is at the bottom of the screen it is working great so far thanks for figureing this out and for all the info

4. Mercenaire

Mercenaire Member

Dear friends,

I use 010editor like dagger said and I had find the first "0083C40483F805" in the left window and change it to "0083C40483F807". When I got to test it, I got the same problem like lord_graywolfe. My new caracter are a NPC out of my team.

Where is the problem? What I don't do correctly?

Thank you to help me.

5. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well mercenarie my mistake the first time was i changed the number in the right window of the editor. when i changed it in the left window where it says signed bites. i highlighted the the last 2 numbers, the 05, which made the number in the signed bite line become 5. change that to what ever number you want and that number should show up under unsigned bites as well as in the right window. save it and start up the game to try it. and you can add them right at the begining of the game you dont have to wait untill you get to the inn to do it.

6. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

spOOL: What disassembler do you use? I'd love to get my hands on a decent one.

7. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

It looks like spOOL hasn't been around for quite some time. :-(

Still, I gave him credit in the patcher program I wrote. He deserves it, of course.

-- dulcaoin

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Morpheus, how about linking or uploading dulcaoin's patcher here so it's always on the front burner?

btw, very very nice little app, dul. Does exactly what you say, no troubles, no worries. A+

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

TOEE PCCount Patcher

As you wish, Master Gaear.

So, if you want to change the number of PCs you can take with you and don't want to hax0r temple.dll yourself, here's the solution:

http://www.co8.org/files/tools/TOEE_PCCount_Patcher.zip

Thanks to dulcaoin for this tool and spOOL & GoblinRaider for laying the groundwork. The PCCount Patcher will probably make its way into the next mod pack.

10. dulcaoin

I'm wondering if folks would rather I update it to patch the "other" location, WRT the NPC count (as well as what it does now)?

Someone who knows more about the situation should tell me what the best approach would be

(to be honest, I don't even use the patch myself -- I just followed the instructions to get it to work properly) :)

-- dulcaoin

11. nago

nago Member

Will this patch allow >3 NPCs?

12. dulcaoin

All it allows for right now is more (or less) than 5 PCs (the "first" patch location)

I'm asking for someone with testing knowledge to coach me on the ramifications of the "second" patch location, I could add that to the patcher in a half an hour tops, if it's "safe" enough to do.

-- dulcaoin

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I bought the game some two weeks ago in a bargain bin special :ashamed: Although in my defence, until recently I was an Evercrack addict so didn't play any other dungeon crawling games. A week ago I found this site and all the mods you guys have been working so darned hard on. Thank god for modders is all I can say!

Impressive and fantastic... and now I get to play with my old Rolemaster 6-person party... oh happy-happy-joy-joy :D

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

dul -

If the second location controls the number of NPCs, shouldn't we just leave that alone? . . . or are you thinking of modding it so there will never be a "fatal" combination?

15. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Great!

I just did the patch and it worked great. Now I have 2 female half-elf wizards, plus 4 other players. This is cool.

Our Host!