So what do you do in rl?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emirkol the Chaotic, Oct 1, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kamanze

Kamanze 7th son of a 7th son

I just lost my job when the family owned business I was a part of sold. So now I game, and musicianalize aside from looking for a job. I cook real well, don't fight for tv control and do my own laundry. I don't mind mowing the grass and have been told I have a good sense of humor. My personality doesn't get old and im a comfort to wake up to. I happen to be available (offer wont last long!) and am a very good investment in a failing economy s/w/m/28

PS Im not desperate

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The title isn't "What is your job?" In real life we have cratered relationships, hate our educations and, apparently, foment revolution. :goatee:

3. Kamanze

Hey cujo, whats all that binary mean in your signature? I'm too little nerdy to translate

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Stop pointing out my obvious mistakes and swiss cheese holed memory, GA82!! :smarty:

5. GuardianAngel82

It isn't an obvious mistake. (uses Force) You always intended for this thread to cover any real life issues.

Actually, I think it turned out rather well. Now we know we aren't the only losers in co8.

I wander, though, what everyone does for a living. Besides spamming. :blahblah:

6. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

These aren't the droids I'm looking for.

I, mean, yes, I always intended for this thread to cover any real life issues.

Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket....

All kidding aside, I'm happy how this thread turned out. We've shared some of our backgrounds, thoughts, feelings, and stories and hopefully, helped a member or two out of some rough spots.

I've never really participated in any sort of thread postings at all, but this one, this one, I'm completely comfortable and OK with.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The best threads are the ones that just sort of take off under their own steam anyway. This has never been a spam-oriented community ("lolz that sukz dude like dump the whorez lolz!"), so we have the advantage of the dialogue staying sharp, even in threads that go off course. :thumbsup:

8. GuardianAngel82

Uh, like, dude, uh, like, uh, don't look at the, uh, Woman Wanted thread, dude, uh... :dribble: :stoned: :lalala::dizzy: :eek:_O: :dance:

9. Kamanze

That thread was a joke by the way :anger:

Except for the stats, those are MOSTLY correct

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  10. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Alrighty, let me join in too :)

I'm a teacher of English (I teach practical courses devoted to spoken English, senior and grad stuff), Latin, Cross-Cultural Communication, Linguistic Expertise, Semiotics, and a bunch of smaller supplementary courses at a local state university in Russia. Btw I got my PhD in linguistics last year, hehe. :) Technically speaking my profession has nothing to do with programming, so whatever I do here is mostly just a hobby. :) It's really hard to find a good job of a programmer here in Russia btw, especially in smaller cities like the one I live in. However, I'm not complaining because English is my obsession. :D

- Agetian

11. GuardianAngel82

What would the ststs be based on the "Play with Yourself" thread? :wavey:

12. Kamanze

apparently my INT stat is lower than i thought cause I couldnt do the math for the "play with yourself" stat identifyer, jk i think ill keep this one a secret but i disagree with the system. I will try and lend a hand to an updated stat identifier, think its a good idea

13. GuardianAngel82

Definitely, go to that thread and post any alternative ideas for self-stat determination you think are supportable. If they will jack my stats up, I might steal them. My physicals aren't what they used to be (except DEX), though now I have a useable WIS. :tired:

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Make sure you use that to watch out for your younger cohorts in the Angels, GA. We all know you don't get any wisdom stat increases until you've got at least 30 years under your belt. :yes:

(Actually I have no doubt that you do this already. :thumbsup: )

~

btw, I can vouch for Ag's mastery of the English language. His use of it nowadays is very nearly transparent as an ESL guy. If only HK could get his act together ... :p ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  15. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Heheh, I wish I were as good. ;) I didn't know that English isn't Ag's first language
    until he mentioned that somewhere (and that was about a year after I joined Co8).

BTW, I'll be doing my MA on Cognitive Linguistics next year. I wanted to do Computational
    Linguistics but there was no room for me on the seminar. Got any topics you could
    recommend, Ag?

Our Host!